Borders Out of Print Blu-Ray Find

Matrix813

CAG Veteran
Don't know if I am in the right forum but here goes anyway...

I saw yesterday that Borders had 50% off CD/DVD box sets in store. I decided I was going to buy Lost: The Complete Collection on Blu-Ray (came to $136.07 after tax with the 50% coupon and my Border Rewards Plus Membership). I was looking around for a second box set because you can buy two with the coupon. I started debating about Wizard of Oz: 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-Ray or Gone With the Wind: 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-Ray (both would have come to $31.58 with discounts and tax. Also about $16 cheaper than Amazon). Low and behold I stumble across Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut Blu-Ray. I immediately get it and go to the counter ringing up at $59.99. I ask if I could use the 50% coupon towards cause it wasn't ringing up for it. Fortunately the cashier does so and pushes it through bringing it to $29.15 for it. Total came to $165.22 and I'm stoked I came away with an OOP Blu-Ray. Don't know if I'll keep it or sell it yet.

I bought one a few weeks ago from a retail store new for $29.99 and sold it on eBay for about $80. It's a nice legit flip when you can find it. I would definitely say sell it unless you've been one of the few searching for it since its release.

FYI: your thread is pretty much CAG blog material.

Someone tell me why this is such a good deal because i don't see it, i also don't see whats OOP

my local BB has lost, ultimate watchmen and ive seen the oz BR around

[quote name='styl3s']Someone tell me why this is such a good deal because i don't see it, i also don't see whats OOP

my local BB has lost, ultimate watchmen and ive seen the oz BR around[/QUOTE]

Neither Lost or Oz are out of print. Ultimate Cut of Watchmen is. Usually sells for $85-$95 unopened on Ebay.

[quote name='Matrix813']Neither Lost or Oz are out of print. Ultimate Cut of Watchmen is. Usually sells for $85-$95 unopened on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

But Amazon was just selling it 2-3 months ago... I've seen it a few times in different stores also. I don't think they're as scarce as everyone thinks(some people on ebay will bid ridiculous amounts for stuff on there if you just insert the word "rare" or "limited"), but if they're going for that much I may go back out and see if I can snag a couple of the copies that I saw.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Cool story bro.[/QUOTE]

You are the weakest link, goodbye.

See what I did there? It's getting old buddy.

Yup Amazon clearanced them out a couple of months ago, same with WBShop and even Best Buy. To the guy that has it (blu version) at Best Buy, check the price...it was ridiculously cheap when they clearanced it out a few months ago. So glad I stocked up when they were clearancing; this has definitely been a good flip.

It's simply the definitive version of the movie Watchmen with a terribly small print run, particularly considering the glut of the regular "director's cut" blu.

Besides the obvious better PQ, what are the major/minor differences between the BD version vs the DVD version?

[quote name='Mixer236']But Amazon was just selling it 2-3 months ago... I've seen it a few times in different stores also. I don't think they're as scarce as everyone thinks(some people on ebay will bid ridiculous amounts for stuff on there if you just insert the word "rare" or "limited"), but if they're going for that much I may go back out and see if I can snag a couple of the copies that I saw.[/QUOTE]
WB supposedly pulled it from all stores. The DVD version is still in print though.

Stupid Hollywood...

:br: isn't even mainstream yet, but they're stopping production on :br: discs...

It's almost like they're too myopic to realize Netflix streaming is the future of media consumption.

bread's done
Back