Bought a PS3 on ebay, blu ray and games dont play

FlyingMonkey9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
It's an 80 gig and I'm on the phone with sony and they're saying that since I don't have the original receipt I can't get it fixed for free which is nuts because it HAS to be in warranty because it's less than a year old.

Any idea what I can do? Is there any way someone here can scan and email me a copy of their receipt (with personal and CC information blocked out) or can Sony somehow link receipts with serial numbers?

I already emailed the seller and filed a paypal dispute, but Id rather not have to pay shipping back to get the return

I think using someone else's receipt to get the warranty is fraud. Don't do it. File the paypal dispute and man up with the shipping costs.

Definitely get this done over paypal. Make the seller refund you shipping and full cost. Did his listing say it wasn't functional? This is why I don't buy expensive electronic on Ebay lol. Too many scams.

yea thanks guys, after talking with them more on the phone, they said they will cover it because I have my bank statement and the paypal receipt.

Technically they dont honor ebay purchases but I don't think they'll find out. I don't really think it's that wrong, its definitely in warranty since the oldest gamesave is an 80 gig. I did contact the seller and requested a refund, I wasnt trying to buy a busted PS3 to get sony to fix it...

Actually it looked like it was in new condition and came with 3 new dualshocks and the BIN price was 215 and I got 10% off plus 8% cash back.

I think it was worth the gamble lol. Under 200 bucks and (eventually) I should be getting a PS3

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Actually it looked like it was in new condition and came with 3 new dualshocks and the BIN price was 215 and I got 10% off plus 8% cash back.

I think it was worth the gamble lol. Under 200 bucks and (eventually) I should be getting a PS3[/QUOTE]

any you wonder why a broken PS3 was sent to you ;)

[quote name='Poor2More']any you wonder why a broken PS3 was sent to you ;)[/QUOTE]

This. Way too low.

I'll sell you a Wii for $100. Granted, it'll just be a white box full of rocks and/or poop, but I'll write Wii on it. If your lucky I'll toss some blinking LEDs on. (Too good to be true is too good to be true.)

well other people from the seller left good feedback saying its in better condition than described, and now his PS3s are selling for 285.

He does have a 30 day return policy and if he ignores me for a month, paypal will refund me

i know this is lame to ask, but are you sure the firmware is up to date? it could just need a quick update and you aren't connected to the internet

yea it wasnt the firmware, the place I bought it from said they deal with returns but that it was guaranteed to work, they probably just turned it on without trying a PS3 disc.

its obviously the lens, when a game even is recognized, it freezes. No biggy, either sony repairs it for free or I get 95% of my refund

sounds like you got a ps2 with a ps3 case. like they say if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. if you did it through paypal then you should be able to get a refund how long have you had this console?

With how Ebay/Paypal has been changing lately, I wouldn't be surprised if you got refunded regardless of if he responds, without having to send the item back. His description never said it didn't work, so odds are they'll side with you.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']well other people from the seller left good feedback saying its in better condition than described, and now his PS3s are selling for 285.

He does have a 30 day return policy and if he ignores me for a month, paypal will refund me[/QUOTE]

not allways,the majority of pople on on ebay, craigslist and all those other sites or honest you just need to be carefull, like with ebay mae sure you only buy from people with high feed back ratings. I got a 360 for $150 right after its launch and the thing worked beatfully for 2 years before RRODing on me

If this guy had good feedback it was most likely an honest mistake, mabey something got kocked lose durring shipping? Or he made the mistake of thinking it was working and dident check before he sent it. From my experience human error accounts for more issues with these sort of things, than people actually trying to scam you.

[quote name='Logain8955']Post the link to the closed auction, I'd like to see exactly what this guy put up for 210.[/QUOTE]

This.

bread's done
Back