Bought a used 360... are there any issues i should be concerned with (online)

kurrptsenate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
I just purchased a used 360 last night. After loading it up and making sure everything worked properly, i noticed it still had the previous owner gamer tags. Should I be worried about this? Is there any other issues i should address?

I think you can just delete the GamerTag. You can wipe the HDD clean if you want.....I think that's a possibility. You should be ok though. I'm sure you'll want to establish your own GamerTag anyways.

oh definitely, and thanks for the response.

Considering im new to this, and received no manual for the system, i wanted to make sure that no problems could arise in the near future that would somehow come back to haunt me

i have it on the floor about 2 feet from the computer desk (nothing surrounding it)

also, i unplug the unit when im done, and its currently in the room where the air conditioner is

im not sure. I noticed the plug box (or whatever) was getting a bit hot. I know most adapters will remain hot if plugged in. I know i dont want this guy plugged in during a lightning storm, so im getting into the habbit now.

better safe than sorry i suppose

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i have it on the floor about 2 feet from the computer desk (nothing surrounding it)

also, i unplug the unit when im done, and its currently in the room where the air conditioner is[/QUOTE]

I don't see any reason to unplug it when your done, but if it makes you feel better then cool. Just keep it ventilated as others said. Also if you go into the system blade and look around I think there is a reformat drive option if you want to start completely fresh. I'm not sure if you will lose Hexic doing that though. If your hooked up to LIVE you can always redownload hexic for free.

[quote name='roland13x']I wouldn't recommend keeping it on the floor. That's a good way to get extra bits of dust and debris into the unit.[/quote]

interesting. Maybe ill invest in some canned air to make sure the dust is minimal

:applause:

You could just delete the gamertag. You should call MS to get a warrenty on it being it's most likely a launch console and you dont want it crashing on you.

the reason to unplug any electronics without a power switch is to save energy/heat. its a good idea.

im sure its been discussed here before, but i think most people get a switchable power supply and plug in all they're related electroics into it, then hit the switch when they are done.

[quote name='orntar']the reason to unplug any electronics without a power switch is to save energy/heat. its a good idea.

im sure its been discussed here before, but i think most people get a switchable power supply and plug in all they're related electroics into it, then hit the switch when they are done.[/QUOTE]

There was a local news report recently that documented all the energy used by electronics systems (specifically home theater/gaming setups). They suggested unplugging or using a switchable power supply as well. I'm considering doing this once I move into my new place.

Oh course, if someone paid for downloadable content and the live account is still good, you could go ahead and download some free content before deleting the profile. Then your current account can still use the content.

bread's done
Back