Bought a used Steel Battalion (with controller) from EB for $40...worth it?

sonic911

CAGiversary!
It was originally $50 but after my employee discount and whatnot, I got it for a total of $40. It came with the original box (slightly worn and bent) and the full controller and the game, front art and box. I didn't notice any paperwork of any kind (not even the manual inside the case). But I don't really care about the manuals and whatnot. My question is that was it a good deal? I played it and it was pretty fun but I don't know how long i'd be interested in it. Or should I just return it and get my money back?

[quote name='Josef']So they lowered this down from $100?[/QUOTE]

i think it was $100 new. It is $50 used, although i don't know if it changed.

Well it sounds like you got an awesome deal then. I've been looking for this myself, and would easily snatch it up for $50 or $40.

[quote name='sonic911']i think it was $100 new. It is $50 used, although i don't know if it changed.[/quote]

It was $200 new...I think.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']It was $200 new...I think.

TBW[/QUOTE]

Dang, but I think I may be the luckiest guy on this planet, because the guy who traded it in to us only got $12....$12!!!!!!!!... for everything. Maybe it was fate that decided that a guy who desperately needs money (or even an idiot) would trade in such a cool device for only that much.

[quote name='sonic911']Dang, but I think I may be the luckiest guy on this planet, because the guy who traded it in to us only got $12....$12!!!!!!!!... for everything. Maybe it was fate that decided that a guy who desperately needs money (or even an idiot) would trade in such a cool device for only that much.[/quote]

Or his Xbox could've died and he didn't feel like replacing it or selling Steel Battalion on Ebay. He could've also upgraded to a 360 and felt like he didn't need that anymore. It's not the first time that's happened. So the used versions are going for $50, hmmm, I might have to check to see if any of the stores around here got one.

Amazing deal, really. I was thrilled just to pick up Steel Batallion for $6 from EB since it was sans controller (who would sell just the game though...and who else but me would buy the controller later?). Congrats!

[quote name='tangytangerine']Or his Xbox could've died and he didn't feel like replacing it or selling Steel Battalion on Ebay. He could've also upgraded to a 360 and felt like he didn't need that anymore. It's not the first time that's happened. So the used versions are going for $50, hmmm, I might have to check to see if any of the stores around here got one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you never know what his reason, but whatever it is, I'm not complaining. Good luck on finding one.

If it doesn't have the manual, and I mean the the comic book sizeish "operator's manual" or whatever it was called, then you might have a hard time learning how to control everything and playing it.

Then again, I'm sure that stuff is on the net somewhere.

Great price though.

You don't really need the manual, the controls are simple, it just takes a lot of DYING to figure out how to play the game. Awesome game btw, I have 2 copies of it (version 1 and version 2, green and blue buttons). I'd recommend picking up the strategy guide though, it's a very hard game.

[quote name='v0yce']If it doesn't have the manual, and I mean the the comic book sizeish "operator's manual" or whatever it was called, then you might have a hard time learning how to control everything and playing it.

Then again, I'm sure that stuff is on the net somewhere.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, like here.
:)

I think even I would be tempted to grab this at $40-50, though being a complete cheapass, I'd probably wait n hope it would drop to $30 eventually. But by then someone would definitely grab it.

bread's done
Back