Bought a Wii from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $156.99

MetalGearDraco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
After going to about 20 different stores and even more websites in the past week and not finding one single Wii system, I decided getting a used system was my only option at the moment. I went to Amazon earlier tonight and noticed Amazon Warehouse Deals was selling one for $156.99 in 'Very Good' condition. I grabbed that baby faster than a fat kid grabbing cake.

I read stories that some people were getting brand new Wii's from Warehouse Deals and the only thing wrong was a dented corner on the box or Wii Sports was missing. Once I ordered it, the site said it wouldn't ship til February 23rd. At first I was pissed, but now I'm beginning to wonder if they don't have any in stock that they might send me a new one once they come in. They already charged my card, so I guess they have to send me something. But why the hell would they list a Used system in stock if they don't have it?

I'll let you know what happens.

Hmm, that is kind of strange.

I've ordered many times from the Amazon Warehouse Deals, and I've never had them backorder an item, its always shipped immediately. Hopefully its just a glitch coming from an otherwise excellent seller.

[quote name='Spacepest']Hmm, that is kind of strange.

I've ordered many times from the Amazon Warehouse Deals, and I've never had them backorder an item, its always shipped immediately. Hopefully its just a glitch coming from an otherwise excellent seller.[/QUOTE]

Amazon Warehouse Deals is Amazon. They sell returned items from the main Amazon page.

I've had similar crap happen with amazon. It's in stock, but for some weird-ass reason they don't ship it for a week or two. Other times it will give a shipping date several days on, then the item "ships sooner than expected" and ships out the next day.

[quote name='monoxide101']I've had similar crap happen with amazon. It's in stock, but for some weird-ass reason they don't ship it for a week or two. Other times it will give a shipping date several days on, then the item "ships sooner than expected" and ships out the next day.[/QUOTE]

Well the latter just happened and it shipped out today (instead of the 23rd) and even better is that I went with Free Shipping and it says it's supposed to be delivered... tomorrow :) I won't hold my breath, but that would be pretty sweet.

Good luck, Hope you get it tomorrow. Do you have any games to play yet? I noticed on all the pages from amazon it says packages might be delayed due to the winter weather on the east coast.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Good luck, Hope you get it tomorrow. Do you have any games to play yet? I noticed on all the pages from amazon it says packages might be delayed due to the winter weather on the east coast.[/QUOTE]

Don't have any games yet, but was gonna rent New Super Mario Bros. Wii at the video store if it arrives tomorrow. And the tracker for the Wii says it left Cincinnati - OH earlier, and I live in Michigan, so the weather out east won't effect me :cool:

PS - Now I remember where you're from. You were one of the members in the Rock Band Pepsi thread over the summer. Good times :) Still haven't played all the songs I got from those caps, lol.

I don't know how you're not able to track down any wiis at your local stores, There's a bunch of them over at my local walmart and bestbuy. Good luck though

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Don't have any games yet, but was gonna rent New Super Mario Bros. Wii at the video store if it arrives tomorrow. And the tracker for the Wii says it left Cincinnati - OH earlier, and I live in Michigan, so the weather out east won't effect me :cool:

PS - Now I remember where you're from. You were one of the members in the Rock Band Pepsi thread over the summer. Good times :) Still haven't played all the songs I got from those caps, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was, I still have quite a few Wii points left over from that contest. Bought a few songs and havent played all of them either, lol. Hope the Wii arrives for you tomorrow. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a lot of fun. I haven't had a lot of time to play it, with work and the girlfriend but from what I've played I enjoyed it. If you get any Wii games with online capability let me know, we can exchange friend codes if I have the game. I have most of the first party Nintendo titles. Excitebots: Trick Racing has great online multi-player support. The weather on the east coast has been crazy. I saw tonight where there might be another storm next week but with only enough precipitation for 3-6 inches of snow. We didn't get to much here in Illinois from the last storm.

I hope you get a wil in good condition. Wii is a great system. Don't worry, you can always return the item and buy another one.

Yes, the Wii did arrive today :). Everything was in perfect condition with only one slight problem - no Wii Sports. I don't remember them saying it didn't have it, so I'll send them an e-mail tomorrow and let them know. Still though, it was an awesome deal.

I did rent New Super Mario Bros. and I like it so far. Also rented Smash Bros Brawl. Looking forward to playing as Snake ( for obvious reasons, lol).

bread's done
Back