Bought PS 3D display bundle from BB...MUST HAVE 3D games

it was my bday so i said screw it, price isnt gonna drop anytime soon anyway considering what you get

$325 incl tax:
1) sony 3d tv w/hdmi cable
2) 2 glasses
3) motorstorm apoc
4) mlb 12 the show
[traded mlb for uncharted 3 and mw2 (i wanted it back for a while)]

way i see it, glasses are $50-70 each, so thats ($100-140) a half or third, mlb is $60, motorstorms about $30, so that $90s about another third, making the tv price around $100 or so, which is a really good price, considerin i got uncharted and mw2, plus motorstorm tho i dont care for racin games, its not a bad deal. plus batman was $10, so $336 spent on my bday gift to myself.

i have 5 3d games:
crysis 2
black ops
batman AC
uc3
kz3
motorstorm apc

i love IP first person shooters most followed by action adventure. i wanted to get arkham asylum goty because i heard its 3d, but then i read its "fake" 3d or not sterescopic that dosent use the active shudder glasses and so on, is that true? plz lemme know

what are some must have 3d games?

(not into AC too much, but i might get it used when its at the $10 mark)

Child of Eden is definitely worth playing in 3D. You can pick it up at Target clearance for $12 or in like-new condition at Amazon for around $14-15.

1. Sly Collection
  2. Prince of Persia Trilogy
  3. Gran Turismo 5
  4. Enslaved
  5. Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Trilogy
  6. Motorstorm 3D Rift
  7. God of War Origins Collection
  8. Jak and Daxter HD Collection
  9. Rachet and Clank all for one
  10. Resistance 3
  11. Socom 4
  12. Wipeout HD
;)

thanks guys, so so far, i went ahead and got wipeout hd and superstardust hd, woah!!! good ones.

i wanted to checkout child of eden, but i read that without the move, its not as great and i dont have a move :( tried resistance and socom, theyre ok, but im not impressed compared to the other shooters i have (cod mw2,mw3,bo; kz3; crysis 2; bfbc2;homefront), but maybe i should get the doomsday move bundle for $70? then i can get eden...?

im interested true 3d true next gen graphics games, like not updated hd graphics....i was interested in ico/colosus and god of war origins sounded great , also looked at prince of persia, sly, jak and daxter, splinter cell (dont like it btw), but i checked out trailers and it looks like ps2 upgraded conversions (god of war 1 & 2 type of "updated" graphics). not like TRUE next gen graphics like the disc based 3d games i have or wipeout hd or superstardust....enslaved and batman aa goty use the trivioz 3d, im lookin for real true active shudder glasses 3d

with that said, you mentioned also ratchet and clank, i had tools of destruction, so its worth trying, and finally i just got motostorm apolcalypse so ill hold off on rift, but thanks for the wipeout hd and super star dust hd, theyre beautiful.

any other ideas for shooter or adventure games in full ps3 nextgen graphics in true full hd?

thank you fellas

(PS I have a catwoman code for batman arkham city, what can i sell or trade it for?)

i was just about to pull the trigger on the $70 resistance, but then realized only like 2 games use the move and resistance isnt that appealing....i guess ill hold off

Guess I should have specified. Batman arkhym city, not the first one[quote name='shadowkast']Heard Batman was good 3d[/QUOTE]

None that I know of, a few games that were released recently originally had 3D planned but were scrapped. Your probably going to get most of your 3D games from HD collection remakes.

well then at least i got the disc based games and few psn ones to play with, which is a lotta fun, tho after readin the post in the deals forum im worried about the display even tho i havent had any issues yet

so i tried sly, god of war, deblob and resistance. sly and gow were cool, but like i said theyre ps2 hd upscales/conversions so they dont have much value to me, esp replay value, but im glad i tried em, 2 hrs on gow and i have sly 1, didnt try the collection but im sure they are the same. i think im just gonna pass on the ps2 hd ones based on that even tho i really wanted to try shadow of colossus/ico.

de blob is pretty outstanding but its not my type of game, even tho i used to love katamari. really good visuals. resistance campaign in 3d wasnt impressive, and i didnt like the game.ratchet and clank is also great, but not my thing.but after de blob now i want to see children of eden really bad so i think ill have to get it.

so far uncharted is amazing, super stardust is really visually amazing, kz3 is great, i like black ops in 3d, and i still have yet to open batman and motorstorm, but ive heard great things so i doubt ill be disappointed, esp with kz3 and uncharted being so good.

i hope mw3 gets a 3d patch like bo.

Love the PS3 3D Display, such a nice monitor.

So far the only 3D games I've played using it is Wipeout HD and Super Star Dust HD, seems nice in both of those to me.

Also checked out the 3D Trailer on PSN for Uncharted 3 and that looked really nice as well.

while the display was amazing while it lasted, it broke last night and i returned it, and im not doin another buy after reading all the horrors stories. i wont gamble with another set knowin it might break, or i should say, will break eventually. if anyone has one reading this, get a warranty asap

Child of Eden is fantastic without the move.. Played it with Kinect, and with a Dual Shock 3.. Greatly prefer the DS3. I assume the Move is fine with it, but it plays great without it.

[quote name='MethodManFTW']Child of Eden is fantastic without the move.. Played it with Kinect, and with a Dual Shock 3.. Greatly prefer the DS3. I assume the Move is fine with it, but it plays great without it.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing. I prefer it without the move. It was designed to play perfectly with a DS3 controller.

***UPDATE*****

i just got a great deal on the best 3d display out right now, $500 for the asus vg278h, just got it home a few hours ago and i can now get over my upset from sony ps 3d display w/d's and i actually like this one even better. the acer 24" was a poor substitute but the best option at the same price point, but with the asus the xtra $200 is worth the better pq,3d,and of course 3 inches. incredible display, really from what ive read it is the best thing out right now (nvidia 3d vision 2 w/lightboost for anyone pc oriented).

so back to the topic, im gona get child of eden and de blob 2 soon, def child of eden when its on sale again, de blob maybe....

tomorrow, i think im gona get ac revelations only cuz its $20 at BB. i dont like AC but i love uncharted, so ill give revelations 3d platformin a chance. im dreading the tower defense battles though.

also was thinkin of pickin up psn cards from trus ..plannin on gettin robin n nightwing DLC ($14) and uc3 fortune hunters club dlc ($25)

any thoughts on AC revelations, batman DLC or UC3 fortune club DLC?

---------------------
side note
so now i have 7 3d games, and ill give em 3d effect rating:
super stardust hd (A+, woah)
wipeout hd w/fury add on (A+, almost as amazin as ssd hd)
batman a city (B, almost cant see any difference but thats cuz the 2d graphics are so good)
black ops (B+/A-, depends on the map)
crysis 2 (A-, solid 3d but gameplay is tuff as is so its not so 3d friendly)
uc3 (A+, probably the must have disc based game in 3d, on par with ssd hd and wipeout hd)
kz3 (A, great 3d but kz3s gameplays sloppy so the 3d just makes it more obvious)

bread's done
Back