Box Office Predictions - Week 6 (10/27/06) - What movie will you say you "Saw"

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Congratulations to last week's winners!

2Fast, alucard8319, coolpapa, craven_fiend, Dead of Knight, fart_bubble, fuzz, Inferno-X, massermind19, Mike23, mkc848, Moxio, rabbitt, RedComet, sblymnlcrymnl, thatstoobad, Tyga24, VanillaGorilla, whoknows, xmrblondex

A job well done to second place:

Mysticheat

And a pat on the back to the third place winners:

Brak, David85, DJ K8E, dopa345, evanft, I AM WILLIAM H. MACY, jeffreyjrose, Kaijufan, kelso, Ma12kez, Mirow, pinoy530, rodeojones903, tangytangerine, trunks982

(Who would've thought Flags of Our Fathers would get third?)

Now on to the movies!!!

Catch a Fire
A political thriller about an ordinary South African man (Derek Luke) who becomes a rebel fighter against apartheid.

The Departed
Martin Scorsese directs Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson in a drama about cops and criminals in Boston

Saw III
Jigsaw returns to wreak terror with another set of vicious tests in the third installment of the hit horror series.

Flags of Our Fathers
Clint Eastwood directs the story of the servicemen who raised the flag over Iwo Jima after the bloody battle in World War II.

The Prestige
Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale play rival magicians and Scarlett Johansson is the beautiful assistant they both desire.

Flicka
A teenage girl (Alison Lohman) adopts a free-spirited horse named Flicka against the wishes of her father (Tim McGraw).

The Grudge 2
Aubrey (Amber Tamblyn) travels to Tokyo to look into the evil spirits that haunted her sister Karen (Sarah Michelle Gellar).

Man of the Year
Robin Williams stars as a political comedian who decides to run for president as a joke, but the gag quickly gets out of hand.

saw-detail.jpg

Number%203.jpg

Saw 3, even though it doesn't seem to have as much hype around it as the last one. I know I plan on seeing it, and plus everyone has already seen the Departed.

Saw 3

And I look forward to the conversations involving it, and if people have seen it, or the previous ones or not.

"Did you see Saw 3?"
"I saw Saw 3, and Saw 2 too."
"Oh, I didn't see Saw 3, but I saw the first Saw and Saw 2 but I'd like to see Saw 3."

Jigsaw returns to wreak terror with another set of vicious tests in the third installment of the hit horror series.

how can jigsaw return if he died in part 2 ? that chic took over didnt she

[quote name='slidecage']Jigsaw returns to wreak terror with another set of vicious tests in the third installment of the hit horror series.

how can jigsaw return if he died in part 2 ? that chic took over didnt she[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot fucker

Some of us haven't yet seen the second one

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Thanks a lot fucker

Some of us haven't yet seen the second one[/quote]He's not dead, they show him in trailers for Saw 3. And the movie is over a year old, and if you didn't want spoilers, you shouldn't have come into this Saw related thread.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']He's not dead, they show him in trailers for Saw 3. And the movie is over a year old, and if you didn't want spoilers, you shouldn't have come into this Saw related thread.[/QUOTE]
It's a box-office thread, not a Saw thread. And FYI I was about to watch it just now.

Also, slidecage's post is exactly why there's spoiler tags here.

Flicka will probably win. I mean, it's just waiting to explode at the box office. One of the best horror movies of all time.

A horse that murders people and the girl gets blamed until the final showdown between the horse and the cops.

Oh, and I voted Saw

man SAw 3 made me get sick. i had to look away or i was going to toss up my popcorn : )

its just too bad the ending went by way too fast

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Thanks a lot fucker

Some of us haven't yet seen the second one[/QUOTE]

hell i was wrong. Go see the 3rd one and know what it means

Looks like Saw III is the winner.

Here's what the totals look like:

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1. "Saw III," $34.3 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]2. "The Departed," $9.8 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]3. "The Prestige," $9.6 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]4. "Flags of Our Fathers," $6.35 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]5. "Open Season," $6.1 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]6. "Flicka," $5 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]7. "Man of the Year," $4.7 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]8. "The Grudge 2," $3.3 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]9. "Marie Antoinette," $2.85 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]10. "Running With Scissors," $2.55 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='tangytangerine']Looks like Saw III is the winner.

Here's what the totals look like:

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1. "Saw III," $34.3 million. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I knew it would win but that's amazing that it pulled in that much. No wonder they keep making sequels.

bread's done
Back