Box Sets Will be Restocked later Today at Buy Rite Dvd www.buyritedvd.com

Buyritedvd

CAG Veteran
Attention all bargain shoppers.....

We will be uploading many of the Anime box sets that flew out of stock last month. As many of you were able to pick up on the deals that flew in and out, we will be offering them again. We did have to modify a couple of prices on some titles.

Please be sure to use the affiliate link so cheapassgamer can earn credit for sales.

www.buyritedvd.com

Witch Hunter Robin Box Set
Mamoru Oshii's Cinema Trilogy
G Gundam Box Set 3
Jubei-Chan Complete Set
Crest Of The Stars
Outlaw Star Set
Big O complete Collection
Banner of Stars Collection
Betterman Collection
Love Hin Collection
Gene Shaft Box
Tsukikage Ran Complete Set
Kaikaider Complete
Argentesoma Complete
S-Cryed-ed Box
Please Teacher Box Set With Cd
Infinite Ryvious Box Set
Silent Mobious Set
Galaxy Angel Set

Thank you
Jack Sutton
WWW.BUYRITEDVD.COM

Stuff that is listed:

Witch Hunter Robin
Mamoru Oshii's Cinema Trilogy
G Gundam Box Set 3
Jubei-Chan Complete Set
Please Teacher Box Set With Cd

Great, now I'll never get rid of my Silent Mobius and Infinite Ryvius.

So, anybody actually watched these and can recommend / unrecommend anything?

[quote name='Buyritedvd']Please be sure to use the affiliate link so cheapassgamer can earn credit for sales.
[/QUOTE]

What affiliate link? You link to the site directly, and the front page doesn't seem to have any link.

[quote name='eldad9']Great, now I'll never get rid of my Silent Mobius and Infinite Ryvius.

So, anybody actually watched these and can recommend / unrecommend anything?[/QUOTE]
Out of what's listed, I'd say the real winners are...

Jubei-chan
Big O
Outlaw Star
Witch Hunter Robin
Banner/Crest of the Stars

The rest range from mediocre to terrible. I'm sorry you own Infinite Ryvius.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Out of what's listed, I'd say the real winners are...

Jubei-chan
Big O
Outlaw Star
Witch Hunter Robin
Banner/Crest of the Stars

The rest range from mediocre to terrible. I'm sorry you own Infinite Ryvius.[/quote]

Infinite Ryvius is that bad? It looked somewhat neat from what I've read about it. Guess not.

Yeah I'd definitely recommend the BIG O and Outlaw Star.

I got Infinite Ryvius because several people recommended it. The problem with the show was that it had so many characters it's impossible to keep track, never mind get emotionally invested.

And I didn't understand the basic premise at all. It seemed like... most of the space in the solar system... turned into a sea? Which also caused half of mankind to be wiped out??? Also, they tried to be cool by using german words (like NGE).

I really need to get rid of this, especially since it's not a thinpak and takes up 6 DVD's worth of space (and the box is a bit more). But hey, every DVD has a pencil board (I think that's the term for what's in the package?)

Gah, I thought Big O and Jubei-chan were horrible shows. Big O had the lamest mech battles ever, and the whole premise just didn't click with me at all. The last three episodes...wow, what can I say. It's like the writers said, "hmm, what can we do to make this show make no sense at all?".

I enjoyed Infinite Ryvius. It sort of had an anti-climatic ending, but all the power struggles and character interactions made me thoroughly enjoy it. I love the character designs (guy who did Seed, Seed Destiny, s-cry-ed).

If Outlaw Star is at the old price, I'm all over that. It was a mistake to not buy that when it was available. It's too bad s-cry-ed is probably going to be raised, I ebayed one for $76.

Personally I love the Galaxy Angel series. It's basically lighthearted fluff, but it's a lot of fun to watch and the ridiculous and insane situations the Galaxy Angel Brigade gets into is hilarious.

I really enjoy the Witch Hunter Robin series also. I said it before, but it reminds of sort of a mixture of X-Men (instead of "mutants", they have "witches"), X-Files (big conspiracy, makes you question what's truth and what isn't), and a little bit of the Matrix (clothing, setting, odd dialog ^_^). It's a great anime though IMO.

[quote name='eldad9']
And I didn't understand the basic premise at all. It seemed like... most of the space in the solar system... turned into a sea? Which also caused half of mankind to be wiped out??? Also, they tried to be cool by using german words (like NGE).
[/QUOTE]

Not really a sea, it's more like the Sun expelled a new type of gas, with unique properties, that enveloped the orbital plane of the solar system. To explain the overall premise, would give away spoilers so I won't go there.

Infinate Ryvius isn't about the characters, but how they interact when isolated. While true that they show could have explored the background of some characters in depth, I think it's fine as is.

While not the greatest, it did provide me with good entertainment. Anime is a big catagory with many genres, you really can't take a few oppinions as word (not saying that they don't matter though).

A show that someone might think is horrible, might actually appeal to you, and vice versa. People do have different tastes after all.

If you already own ryvius, just watch a few episodes and see for yourself if you like ti or not.

Either way, I'm done with my copy.

Also, I seriously thought there would be no giant robots... but of course there were. Ah, Japan.

Well, it'll be interesting to see what the prices are for these new sets they're offering. Judging from buyrite's comments, it looks like they felt they set the previous prices too low. I hope they don't pull an ADV sale on us and jack up the prices...

I would like to pick up Banner of the Stars and Silent Mobius; assuming they're priced similarly to the other sale. And I've tried twice to get a wholesale account with them, and nothing so far. =(

Most are up now. As expected most of the previous sets went up in price. They sure got a crapload of s-cry-ed boxes. I can see the eBay flood now...

Oh Mother fucker!

What son of a bitch bought out the complete stock of Love Hina in the last two minutes. This stuff just got put up!

I wanted 1!

All I need to do is get the Big O set and I'm grabbign one when it pops up.

Damn Ebayers.

EDIT: I may be mistaken. Outlaw Star is back in stock. 28 sets. So maybe they're havign problems getting them online.

[quote name='Ndolger']fuck, someone just fought 30 Outlaw Star boxes.[/QUOTE]

There were 60 in stock when I placed my order, by the time I was done it was down to 29.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chomp On This']There were 60 in stock when I placed my order, by the time I was done it was down to 29. That's just retarded.[/QUOTE]

There were thirty plus Love Hina Box Sets. I put one in my cart. Added a couple more things, when back to my cart less than two minutes later, and they were out.

Were Big O and Crest of the stars even loaded. And how many. They may have been bought out too.

Well, I think it's just everything isn't up yet. Love Hina, Crest/Banner of the Stars and a few aren't up yet.

After DVDpriceSearching, I passed on Mobiius as you can get it cheaper at DvdEmpire/Overstock/DDD. Thank you DvdPriceSearch! I HAD to buy an Outlaw Star set though. I wasn't gonna let that slip by me twice. And it's doubtful there's going to be any better deal with it. It's interesting how they charge shipping though. On my first order they kept it at 2 DVDs (I bought two box sets). And then on the second order I bought one set, and they charged me for 3-15 DVDs. So who knows. =O

However, I did see a Love Hina box go for $43 on eBay with Buy It Now a day after the initial sale. So, if the eBayers aren't greedy bastards, you could actually end up getting one cheaper (or if you have a wholesale account with BuyRite you could end up saving that way). I just didn't have the money at the time or I'd of bought it. =(

***IF YOU WANT AN OUTLAW STAR SET YOU'D BETTER BUY IT NOW***
***WHO KNOWS WHEN AN EVIL WHOLESALER WILL EAT THEM!! ***
(21 and dropping)

[quote name='Ndolger']wtf man? Love Hina was up then? That's lame! I just figured it hadn't been loaded yet. What was the price still $49?[/QUOTE]

I saw it for $37 but I'm special. Prices are generally higher for others.

Gib me your wholesale account! If someone bought off the Crest/Banner of the Stars I will be angry....and sad.

Sweet, picked up the Outlaw Star DVD Collection! :D

19 left as of this post. It's one of the few collections at the same price it was before, I'd advise buying it now if you're interested because a) it's going out of stock very soon and/or b) they'll raise the price soon on the few that's left.

I didn't see Crest or Banner of the Stars, and a couple others I might have been interested in. I guess I'll just keep checking, though Outlaw Star is the one I wanted the most.

Cool. Picked up Outlaw Star and S-Cry-Ed box sets. I was hoping Creat/Banner of the Stars would be there but it wasn't meant to be yet.

[quote name='endlessPRO']is s-cry-ed or outlaw stars worth getting?

hows the anime.[/QUOTE]
Outlaw Star is enjoyable, and definitely worth the $20. s-CRY-ed is absolutely awful... but comes with a cool box.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I saw it for $37 but I'm special. Prices are generally higher for others.[/QUOTE]

heh that's what we get for placing wholesale orders a while back.

Just placed my order for the Outlaw Star box, 5 left (assuming the count is correct)

753 S-Cry-Ed boxes left . I really wonder where Buyrite buys their stuff from.

[quote name='Bezerker']Just placed my order for the Outlaw Star box, 5 left (assuming the count is correct)

753 S-Cry-Ed boxes left . I really wonder where Buyrite buys their stuff from.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming their stock consists of unsold copies from bigger retailers, returned and then sold wholesale instead of sitting in the publisher's warehouse until the end of time.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Did kikaider ever go up?[/quote]

Not that I saw. I was refreshing the page every 15-30 minutes and looking at the item count for anime; it jumped from 314-324 items around 9pm. I'm hoping they just didn't add the rest yet.

I ordered a bit earlier...Got Outlaw Star and S-Cry-Ed. I saw an episode of S-Cry-Ed and thought it was cool. Can't really go wrong for $30...Outlaw Star has been a fave of mine since it aired. Glad I didn't buy it earlier when they were $30 a DVD!

[quote name='Fire']I wanted Love Hina and what comes apart of the Mamoru Oshii's Cinema Trilogy?[/quote]

The Oshii set comes with:

The Red Spectacles
Stray Dogs (loose sequal to Red Spectacles)
Talking Head
cd soundtrack to Red Spectacles

Its worth it for their price. The movies are a bit weird but if you dig experamental films, you'll like them

The soundtrack kicks ass. It falls in the free jazz genre.

Yeah, you can find the Crest/Banner of the Stars cheaper elsewhere. Probably even more so later on, since the Anime Legends collections are coming out. I was hoping they'd be $15 each. They're only 13 episode series'. Oh well. =/

I didn't like Kikaider, and for $30, there's no way. Betterman is...different. Haven't seen too many episodes, but it was all right, nothing special. $20 is pretty cheap, but I think I'll pass anyway. Meh, I got Outlaw Star, that's all I wanted anyway. I'm just glad they kept it at $20.

bread's done
Back