Boxing Day + X-Mas Aftermath '09 (Include your pics)

wampa1

CAGiversary!
So I'm done with this early morning's crazy spending spree, and thought I'd start off this thread to show what we were all able to pick up this holiday. This year wasn't an amazing year overall for gaming deals (especially EB games' lameass 'deals'), but I was able to get some pretty good stuff regardless from my RFD + CAG reading. Hope others post your pics and stories, would love to hear how your days went.

4216124919_4db747f467_o.jpg

8:00 a.m. @ Futureshop Yonge/Eglinton - PS3 160GB w/Uncharted 1, inFAMOUS & Killzone 2 for $299

There was hardly a crowd at this location, I was surprised... also relieved that I was able to pick up the PS3, since there were only 5 left sitting on the floor so I snatched one up quickly :bomb:. I contemplated the EB Games' 250gb PS3 Slim bundle w/GOW:Collection and LBP:GOTY for $349.99 as I have lots of credit + gift cards to use, but also had FS gift cards to use too, and like the look & quality of the PS3 phat + has better games bundle overall IMO :).

8:15 a.m. @HMV Yonge/Eglinton - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for $29.99

Luckily I stopped into HMV and they had 2 copies left of the 360 version. I wanted the PS3 version but they only had 5 copies each for both systems and PS3 was sold out. I brought this stuff home first (a little too heavy to carry around all day, 6kg+) then changed into some lighter clothes/jacket since I was boiling just shopping and running around. Continued on downtown...

9:00 a.m. @Rogers Yonge/Wellesley - nothin.

There wasn't anything really that appealed to me. They had lots of Gears 2 + ODST used copies, but was looking more for good Wii titles at 50% off which they only had crap shovelware there. Met up with the wife to do some clothes shopping, etc... doubt you wanna hear about that stuff :roll:

1:00 p.m. @Best Buy Bay/Dundas - HOTD: Overkill $14.99, Wii Sports Resort $39.99
Man, this place was paaaacked! I was able to grab HOTD luckily, I thought it'd be sold out for sure, but they still had several copies. Same goes for WSR. They also had 40-50 of XBOX Elite bundles for $239 on the floor, I guess everyone owns one already? They didn't have any 160GB PS3s or 120GB slims though.

Pre-X-Mas + X-Mas + Boxing Day combined haul:

4216893560_dc350a087e_o.jpg

Aside from the BD pickups, got the rest before/on xmas: an Xbox Elite bundle from Dell for $249, Mushihimesama Futari from Playasia $66, Fallout 3 GOTY @FS $29.99, Persona PSP (gift), Resident Evil 1: Archives (gift)

Also installed Shadow Complex (800 MS pts.), Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (560 MS pts.) and ordered a 360 Street Fighter M.Bison pad from Amazon for $49.99.

Don't wanna calculate what I've spent this holiday, now I'll set up the PS3 :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have picture yet because I order all of mine online

Laptop: Lenovo T400

Bestbuy

Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP)
Tekken 6 (PlayStation 3)
Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete First Season (2007) (Blu-ray)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PlayStation 3)
SanDisk 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo

FutureShop

Dead Space: Extraction (Nintendo Wii)

Adidas Online

Men's Bounce OH Hoodie
MYSTERIOUS AL HOODIE

American Eagle

Name: AE Thermal Crew
Name: AE Suede Slide Clog
Name: Eagle Graphic Hoodie

Amazon.ca

Damage Season 1
Batman Begin Blue-ray
The Dark Knight Blue-ray
X-men Triology Blue-ray

Steam

Braid
Trine
Indigo Prophecy
Prey
Killing Floor

got no pics yet either but here are a few grabs

Futureshop
Dead Space: Extraction ($30)
Prison Break: Season 4 ($20)
8gb psp memory stick ($22)

Amazon.ca
Dark Knight [Blu ray] ( wanted this but nothing else caught my eye to add for free shipping, thankfully my brother wanted some DVD's to include inthe order to get free shipping)

Wal-Mart
Ghost Whisperer Seasons 2 & 3 ($12.50 each)

Blockbuster
Smackdown vs Raw 2010 ($7) [ stickered wrong, however cause in a locked case they gave it to me for $7, hope to flip this on Jan 5th at EB on Bayonetta, according to tivs.ca it has a $38 TIV ]

Beatgoeson
Battalian Wars 2 ($8) [ probably flipped for Bayonetta, think it holds a $8 tiv and can be bumped to $20 ]

EBgames
Rabbids go home ($25)

I think I got some Solid Pick ups, god bless online shopping, Futureshop was crazy and if I can turn the two games above that I paid $15 into Bayonetta I will be thrilled

[quote name='Encrypt']
Battalian Wars 2 ($8) [ probably flipped for Bayonetta, think it holds a $8 tiv and can be bumped to $20 ]
[/QUOTE]

I also have a copy of BW2 that I wanna trade in, I hope it's still tiv-able ;)

The only video game related item I bought.. after all the Rogers promos and pre-Christmas sales I'm set for awhile. Other exciting things include diapers, plastic totes and clothes.

I surprisingly wound up with nothing video game related on Boxing Day, though I did get some good stuff:

Best Buy (online):
The Dark Knight and Speed Racer (shut up it was good) blu-ray (10 each)

Chapters:
Star Wars: Death Troopers hardcover (30% off)

Future Shop:
Set of cheap Altec Lansing PC speakers for my mom (19.99)

Wal-Mart:
The really big George Foreman grill (39.88)
Boondock Saints, Terminator 2 Skynet Edition and Transformers blu-rays (12.50 a pop)

I DID put down deposits on Dante's Inferno and Final Fantasy 13, and picked up a $20 PSN card, but none of that was on sale so I'm not counting it. And I tried damn hard to get MW2 at HMV, showing up at the store an hour and ten minutes before they opened, but they wound up opening sometime before 8 instead of 9 like the HMV site said so every copy was long gone.

London Drugs
360 Rock Band 2 - $4.99 (if someone has an instrument or wants to trade for the PS3 version lemme know)
360 Tomb Raider Underworld - $4.99

EB Games
360 Assassin's Creed 2 Master Edition - $29.99 (ordered before Boxing Day I guess)

Xbox Live
Shadow Complex - 800 Points

Steam
Red Faction Guerilla - $9.99
Battlefield 2 - $7.49
...and counting seeing as there'll be daily deals until the 4th

Not a bad haul considering the lame-o Amazon.ca Boxing day deals. Anyways, my swag

Rogers Plus
Dawn of Discovery Wii used (12.50)
Dead Space Extraction used (15)
Orochi Warriors PS2 used (3.75!)
Dungeon Seige PSP used (6.75!)
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (impulse buy since there doesn't seem to be a hint of a br release any time soon; 5)

Zellers
Assassin's Creed 2 Discovery 1/2 off Ubisoft games (17.50)

EBGames
Rayman Rabbids Go Home (25)

TRU
Wii Motion + 25% off acc. and used a Kelloggs coupon to make it 16 after tax.

Plus the stuff I got from Amazon.ca which I don't think the obvious will go thru (not pictured)

tl:dr version
w7gcas.jpg

Amazon.ca
Halo Wars 10$
Gears of War 2 GOTY 10$
Fate Stay Night Volume 3
One Piece Volume 10

I bought those manga to get that free shipping.

GTA Episodes from Liberty City

And my brother bought a bunch of PSP.

Newegg.ca
SAMSUNG STORY Station 1.5TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

Xbox Marketplace
Shadow Complex
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Tales of Monkey Island

My brothers bought a bunch of stuff from NCIX, FS and BB so the mailmen is going to deliver a lot of stuff.

My exciting gaming catch was Kane and Lynch for PS3. Walmart, $11-something with tax. Nothing excited me as far as cheap Blu-rays at Walmart but I still picked up The Man with the Golden Gun and From Russia with Love at $10 each.

Funny story, was going to try my luck at Canada Computers in Vaughan for a few items, so I drive by about 10 minutes after opening. There's a huge line still and I'm thinking no way, really? Turns out they had a locksmith trying to get the door open, so the store didn't open yet! :lol:

Not the best year in terms of a haul for me, but I picked up a lot of stuff I would definitely consider playing sometime down the line eventually.

Wii:
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
TMNT Smash up
Spyborgs
Batallion Wars 2

PSP:
Persona
Dissidia
Disgaea 2

PS3:
Heavenly Sword
Prince of Persia
King of Fighters XII

360:
Raiden Fighter Aces
Watchmen The End is Nigh
Spiderman Web of Shadows
(the amazon stuff when it was $10 below)
Halo Wars
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Fable 2

Unfortunately no pics cause I don't have a camera, but I'd like to say it was a good year to buy games :)

I guess I also picked up a lot of stuff pre boxing day as well, but that list is also kinda long. Last 3-4 months have been really good.

I bought nothing on Boxing Day, that's right! No haul for me! In terms of gaming-related paraphanelia, I received the Dragon Age: Origins Limited Edition Hardcover book, the Gears of War hardcover book, Xbox 360-themed pajama pants, and a handful of blu-rays, including District 9, Transformers 1 & 2, Batman Begins, Spaceballs and Star Trek. It seemed everything good that was on sale I already had, like a lot of the BR's at Amazon/WM/FS/BB.

Non-game stuff included.

I woke up at 9:40AMish so not bad for that. Only game I missed out on was DMC4 for PS3 at EB, they ran out as I was lining up. :(

8746758_fb896883da_b.jpg

Also bought Tekken 6 a few days ago, woot. :)

Dissidia x 2 $20 each
Castlevania $10
Pikmin $15
LBP $35
T6 $30
PoP $10

They were a pair of slip-covers that were supposed to come with pre-orders. I'm surprised EBs still have em, but they were kinda common. I eBayed for a pair (I wasn't going to pre-order Dissidia) and got em for $4 shipped IIRC. I still need Dissidia though, gotta find one of the deals out there now.

My little haul from when I went out at 6pm...

Rogers:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time DS $12.50

RCSS:
Fable II 360 $18 (after my 10% discount)

London Drugs:
Silent Hill Homecoming 360 $5
Timeshift 360 $5
Alone in the Dark 360 $5
Shadowrun 360 $5
Farcry 2 360 $5
Kameo 360 $5

[quote name='shifty_37']Went to a beatgoeson, everything is used, 40% off all used games.
Snatched up demons souls for $27 with tax.[/QUOTE]

Was that just a boxing day sale? If it's boxing week then I should go check out my local one.

no pics (not a pic taker)

Pre-christmas...
DJ Hero 360
Team Fortress 2 (steam)

B2G1 at FS and BB
Buzz quiz world package ps3
GOW collection ps3
Assassin's creed 2 ps3
Left 4 Dead 2 PC (regretting it, should have gotten MW2 for pc instead)
Mario Bros Wii (for my gf)
Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time ps3

inFamous ps3 (at staples clearance)
tom clancy endwar ps3 (saw it for $15 at zellers, thought why not)
facebreaker ps3 ($10 at source clearance, should have spent the extra $5 for DMC4)

Christmas
Money, to pay for said gifts that I paid all with mastercard

Post Christmas
$10 blu rays (batman begins, dark knight, waiting, 28 weeks later, condemned, one flew over the cuckoos nest)
couple of spindles of dual layer discs
steam games (counter strike source, elf bowling, torchlight, zombie bowl o rama)
and i'm gonna bet dollars to donuts that I'm gonna be buying much more steam games until new years
About 4000 pts worth of rock band 2 songs

Dont remember when I bough them
(mostly, if not all) XBLA DOTD's
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Peggle
Secrets of monkey island one
Uno rush

Not really a purchase
Battlefield Heroes (free game to play online, i'm probably (sadly) having waaaaaaaay more fun with this game than anything i bought lol)

may have more, probably forgetting

Pre-Christmas:
CoD: MW2
DA:O
AC2
L4D2

Christmas
GH: WT SE
The Simpsons Season 6 and 7
Star Wars Saga (Finally, my own copies :mrgreen:)
Watchmen (Again, finally my own copy)
Blackberry Bold

After Christmas
Nothing, I hate shopping :lol:

[quote name='RchrdJ']Was that just a boxing day sale? If it's boxing week then I should go check out my local one.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it was boxing day only, got lucky as I checked out a rogers video beside it, and saw the big 40% off sign.

[quote name='shifty_37']Went to a beatgoeson, everything is used, 40% off all used games.
Snatched up demons souls for $27 with tax.[/QUOTE]
Considering your location, I'll assume you went to the one on Upper James. Darn you for taking Demon Souls before I got there!

My boxing haul:

Staples:
Disgaea DS
Rhapsody DS (got them for a total of 20 bucks together)

EB:
Might not be a deal but Samba Wii (maracas included) 14.99

FS:
Halo Wars 20$
8 GB Pro Duo 22$
Hes just not that into you 4$
Four Christmasses 4$
Mrs Doubtfire BR 10$
Yes Man 5$
Harry Potter 5 6$
Gran Torino 6$
Weezer 8$