Boy dies after imitating Naruto in sandbox

"Sand Ninjas"? I laughed my ass off at the seriousness with which it was said, but does that sound like a derogatory term to anyone else? ie "I'm going to get you fucking sand ninjas!"

[quote name='Squall835']"Sand Ninjas"? I laughed my ass off at the seriousness with which it was said, but does that sound like a derogatory term to anyone else? ie "I'm going to get you fucking sand ninjas!"[/QUOTE]

See my post.

[quote name='ryan838']As stupid as it was, kids make mistakes all the time but they don't deserve to die over them.[/quote]

true, maby a few broken bones , a couple of nights in the hospital as a lesson but not death

How the fuck can anyone be incapable of escaping a foot of sand?

This is crazy. Now we sit and watch the media/parents go totally batshit about Naruto when all that's needed is some responsible parents.

I remember the uproar when that kid burned his house down (i think) after mimicking beavis and butthead. There will always be the overly curious kid who ends up killing themselves or others. Just nature's way of weeding out the dumb ones.

Seattle Hospital? Least he'll have some games and shit from Child's Play when he comes around. Thanks for all your support CAG!

Sigh i feel bad for the family. Let's see if somehow the news relates this back to video games and Jack Thompson gets involved.

Wow this is very sad. I feel horrible for the family. Although why I don't believe in being overprotective of your child, I do believe that they should at least checked up on the kids. I mean if you have a ten year old and a couple of five year olds, you should watch them not just assume they wont get into trouble.

I could see a point in suing the other parents for the death, that is understandable. They have no right in suing anything else (well I mean such as the creators of Naruto), and actually I would be fucking pissed if they did, because their ten year old son doesn't know that if you get buried in sand, you can't breathe.

I'm sorry... I just gotta laugh at this. I know I know, I'm going to hell. It's all good I knew that a long time ago, but damn this is funny. wow... I mean just wow. :cough: darwinism :cough:

BTW, I don't know what Naruto is but after watching that clip it sucks ass just as much as all the other American broadcasted Japanese anime. lol

Sad to see this happen to a child, but knowing america, somehow money will ease all the grievances these parents have and the situation becomes tantamount to miraculously bring back their loved one :roll:.

I saw on cnn (recently) this girl who died of alcohol poisoning on her 21st birthday and the parents were suing not only the bar at which she went drinking, but the friends who went out drinking with her. And they had the dumbest answers in this interview questioning their decision. At one point, they were asked if suing the friends would help cope with the loss of the daughter...the look on the parents' face screwmed I want money.

At least with a 10 year old child I can feel for. A 21 year old who makes a conscious choice to go out drinking, however, is another story. And the inevitable lawsuits in both cases will leave me shaking my head as empty "erudite" rhetoric and jargon will be bandied around. Oh well, at least we get to hear about the imminent evil these said "sand ninjas" will have on our youth...

[quote name='lokizz']sad thing is i hear the kid who died was next in line to be hokage.......damn you orochimaru!!!!!!![/quote]

Great now I'm going to hell for laughing at that comment. Well it wasn't like I was not already headed there. Believe it!

[quote name='darkcecil32']Sad to see this happen to a child, but knowing america, somehow money will ease all the grievances these parents have and the situation becomes tantamount to miraculously bring back their loved one :roll:.

I saw on cnn (recently) this girl who died of alcohol poisoning on her 21st birthday and the parents were suing not only the bar at which she went drinking, but the friends who went out drinking with her. And they had the dumbest answers in this interview questioning their decision. At one point, they were asked if suing the friends would help cope with the loss of the daughter...the look on the parents' face screwmed I want money.

At least with a 10 year old child I can feel for. A 21 year old who makes a conscious choice to go out drinking, however, is another story. And the inevitable lawsuits in both cases will leave me shaking my head as empty "erudite" rhetoric and jargon will be bandied around. Oh well, at least we get to hear about the imminent evil these said "sand ninjas" will have on our youth...[/QUOTE]

That court case is happening in the city where I live (Mankato, MN). Her name was Amanda Jax, and her parents went ape-shit. I was laying odds at 50/50 at receiving a summons just because I knew where the bar was on a map. THey have some out-of-proportion grieving issues, that's for sure.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Seattle Hospital? Least he'll have some games and shit from Child's Play when he comes around. Thanks for all your support CAG![/QUOTE]

He's dead though. :lol:

[quote name='Callandor']Ugh, it's like the Power Rangers all over again.[/quote]

Wait...kids died from emulating the power rangers? Are you serious?

Edit: I actually stood and watched a Naruto game demo at Best Buy yesterday...just showed the main character, I'm assuming his name is Naruto, who looks like the lovechild of some Dragonball Z gay relationship, running around and jumping, in cell shaded 3D animation. Looked exceptionally lame.

I might just pick up one of the Naruto games on clearance to give it a shot - anyone know which of the games have the Bury-Your-Head-In-The-Sand-While-Opponents-Kick-You-In-The-Nuts level? Do you have to alternate between hitting L1/R1 rapidly to get your head out before you suffocate?

[quote name='itachiitachi']I looked this up a wikipedia to what they were talking about.
I believe he was imitating getting attacked by an attack that covers the victim in sand and kills him. From wikipedia "Gaara predominately uses his sand to capture and then crush his opponents".[/quote]

Damn, what the hell is all this Ninja-babble from the wiki page??? Sunagakure's fifth Kazekage, blah blah blah. This kid must have been a Naruto Rain Man to understand whatever the hell is going on in that cartoon. It's all ninja babble to me...

Gaara (我愛羅, Gaara?) is a fictional character from the Naruto universe created by Masashi Kishimoto and developed into a media franchise, which consists of a series of manga, anime, soundtracks, OVAs, movies, video games, and other collectibles. He was created as a foil to the series' titular character, Naruto Uzumaki, with both having similar backgrounds yet widely different personalities.[5]
In the anime and manga, Gaara is a ninja from the village of Sunagakure, and the son of the Fourth Kazekage, the leader of Sunagakure, and brother to Kankuro and Temari. Due to his traumatic past, Gaara is a ruthless killer, slaying others without remorse and acting cold and distant even with his allies and siblings. His abilities in controlling sand earned him the moniker "Gaara of the Desert" (砂瀑の我愛羅, Sabaku no Gaara?). His battle with Naruto in the series changes his outlook on the world; in Part II, he becomes Sunagakure's Fifth Kazekage as a result of Naruto's influence pushing him to aid others. Gaara has appeared in several pieces of Naruto media, including the second featured film in the series, the third original video animation, and several video games.
Numerous anime and manga publications have praised and criticized Gaara's character. His initially sadistic mentality was noted by reviewers; IGN labeled the disparity between Naruto and Gaara as "emotional" and "a tad creepy."[6] The battle between him and Naruto at the conclusion of the Invasion of Konoha arc was particularly celebrated by reviewers, with Anime News Network referring to it as the high point of the entire series.[7] Amongst the Naruto reader base, Gaara has been popular, placing high in several polls.[8] Numerous pieces of merchandise have been released in Gaara's likeness, including plush dolls and key chains.[9][10][11]

[quote name='JolietJake']Do we still need a toolbox? I'm just asking because if not i'd like to drop it.[/quote]

With it, you might be able to dig out kids from their sandboxes. :lol:

Wrong Thread man.

Damn...I just found the news footage and images from the incident, post Gaara attack. Truly tragic.

WARNING this is NOT for the faint of heart.

head_in_sand.jpg

Police suspect foul play in the death-by-sand incident of a 10 year old (that's one giant 10 year old). Police are asking for the public's help in tracking down a "person of interest" named Gaara and have released this photo of Gaara. Please contact the WA State Troopers immediately if you encounter the individual. DO NOT attempt to apprehend him as he is considered armed and extremely dangerous, particularly around sandboxes, litter boxes, and beaches.

Gaara_by_paintpixel.jpg

REAL NINJAS DON'T DIE!!!

[quote name='karkyco']Wait...kids died from emulating the power rangers? Are you serious?

Edit: I actually stood and watched a Naruto game demo at Best Buy yesterday...just showed the main character, I'm assuming his name is Naruto, who looks like the lovechild of some Dragonball Z gay relationship, running around and jumping, in cell shaded 3D animation. Looked exceptionally lame.

I might just pick up one of the Naruto games on clearance to give it a shot - anyone know which of the games have the Bury-Your-Head-In-The-Sand-While-Opponents-Kick-You-In-The-Nuts level? Do you have to alternate between hitting L1/R1 rapidly to get your head out before you suffocate?[/quote]

lets not forget the kids who went into the nyc sewer to find the teenage mutant ninja turtles lol. kids are dumb. in my day if you wanted excitement you tried to sneak into the xrated section at the video store.

[quote name='lokizz']lets not forget the kids who went into the nyc sewer to find the teenage mutant ninja turtles lol. kids are dumb. in my day if you wanted excitement you tried to sneak into the xrated section at the video store.[/quote]
Are you talking about these kids? LOL!
pbf198secretmutantherotrw4.jpg

Young kids don't know the difference between fantasy and reality, but at 10 you know. I imagine he just wasn't developing at a normal rate...

Much stupider things are done by much older people without any development issues though, so I can't say that he didn't know it was a stupid idea, he probably did and just did it anyway.

Some people just don't learn unless they fuck up. Unfortunately in this case he won't be around to learn anything.

I dunno...my 10 year old brother knows better than to even watch Naruto.

He does confuse Jack (Matthew Fox) on Lost with Adam Sandler, though...

[quote name='becuzimbrown']FYI

The South Park where everyone burys their heads in the sand is on right now.[/quote]

Damn, I've never seen that one. Do they all do it because "that's what everybody/the cool kids are doing?" Or to get high from the lack of air, or what?

bread's done
Back