Boy Shot in the Face while playing video games. . .

MaxBiaggi2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
A 12-year-old boy who was at a friend's house playing video games ended up getting shot in the face.

Police said the two boys were playing together in the home in the 14900 block of Southwest 301 Terrace. The boy who lives in the home went into his father's bedroom and came back with a handgun, according to police. When the other boy told his friend to put the gun away, the boy pulled the trigger.

The 12-year-old was hit in the face with a bullet. He ran to his own home, and was driven to Homestead Hospital by his family. Doctors at Homestead Hospital then had the boy airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital trauma center. He is in stable condition.

The boy who fired the gun and his father were both arrested and charged. The father is charged with felony culpable negligence. The son is charged with misdemeanor culpable negligence

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/wplg/20050826/lo_wplg/2903342

They just had to mention video games even though, according to the information provided in the article, that fact is irrelevant, anything to sensationalize it I guess.

I'm glad the kid is ok though, thankfully the kid with the gun was either a bad shot, or it was an accident.

[quote name='mykevermin']Good news that the boy's alive; shame the father was responsible enough to own a gun, but not enough to keep it locked up.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing responsible in owning a gun. Owning a gun and maintaining it properly and teaching your child proper gun useage? Sure. Just buying a gun? No.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']
The 12-year-old was hit in the face with a bullet. He ran to his own home...
[/QUOTE]

wtf? Is the kid JAWS from james bond? Amazed he was able to run at all...

[quote name='Tromack']There is nothing responsible in owning a gun. Owning a gun and maintaining it properly and teaching your child proper gun useage? Sure. Just buying a gun? No.[/QUOTE]

No sense in preaching to the choir, mon ami.

[quote name='pop311']How did the kid not die? Lucky kid though[/QUOTE]

Damn, the kid who did the shooting is a bad shot! I don't want him on MY team in Halo 2!

[quote name='mykevermin']No sense in preaching to the choir, mon ami.[/QUOTE]

Sure it makes sense. He's rallying his base. On to the elections! :D

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']Damn, the kid who did the shooting is a bad shot! I don't want him on MY team in Halo 2![/QUOTE]

:rofl: i kind of feel bad for thinking that was funny.

[quote name='CapAmerica']Unknow to the reporters the two kids were playing GTA and the boy with the gun was mimicking what he saw in the game.[/QUOTE] NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

This kid is going to be glad it happened. When he gets older and someone fucks with him hell be all "What bitch? I was shot in the FACE! I didn't cry, I kept playing PacMan and got a highscore on that MOFO!"

I bet you they were high on marijuana too. Kids always take guns out and shoot at each other when they're high, it's a proven fact.

Of course they'll say that the shooting was a "direct result of the extremely violent videogame, Barbie's Horse Adventure, that the two boys were playing."

That holds as much water as the following: "12 yr old boy eats peanut butter and jelly sandwich and then shoots friend. An investigation is underway to determine the link between peanut butter and violence."

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I bet you they were high on marijuana too. Kids always take guns out and shoot at each other when they're high, it's a proven fact.[/QUOTE]

harold & kumar? LMAO! :D

hmmmm, only a misdemeanor for shooting someone in the face, almost killing them? That kid he shot is probably going to have brain damage, and all the friendly shooter gets is a charge only a step or two above speeding!

[quote name='rebenns']hmmmm, only a misdemeanor for shooting someone in the face, almost killing them? That kid he shot is probably going to have brain damage, and all the friendly shooter gets is a charge only a step or two above speeding![/QUOTE]

Evidently you think a 12 year old has the same cognitive skills as an adult, and should be charged with a felony?

[quote name='mykevermin']Evidently you think a 12 year old has the same cognitive skills as an adult, and should be charged with a felony?[/QUOTE]

I think they should give the 12 year old the death penalty.

[quote name='opportunity777']I think they should give the 12 year old the death penalty.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, must be the parent of a 12 year old.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']
That holds as much water as the following: "12 yr old boy eats peanut butter and jelly sandwich and then shoots friend. An investigation is underway to determine the link between peanut butter and violence."[/QUOTE]

Seriously, it's the jelly, folks!

First of all, let me say the kid who fucking tanked a bullet to the face then ran home, is a bad mother fucker. He is going to be the coolest kid in town, just because he's so bad ass. Getting shot in the face alone is fucking hardcore, but surviving, and RUNNING HOME? good lord.

second of all, I don't think there's any doubts that the kid playing videogames is why he was shot in the face. I won't lie, frequently when my friends are playing videogames I too shoot them in the face. This is no correlation folks; causation all the way.

~stew

If the kid who got shot was anything like the kids who play Halo 2 on Xbox Live, I can't blame the other kid for shooting him in the face.

A 12-year-old of average cognitive functioning is easily capable of recognizing the consequences of their actions. This kid was probably borderline retarded, though (they often are if they do something like this). Still I think a misdemeanor is a little leniant.

What a dumbass , disgusting hearing stories like this. On the other hand though I have to agree, fortunatly for the friend his boy is a fucking terrible shot.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']A 12-year-old of average cognitive functioning is easily capable of recognizing the consequences of their actions. This kid was probably borderline retarded, though (they often are if they do something like this). Still I think a misdemeanor is a little leniant.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I mean, how can people keep excusing behavior like this as childish. Throughout history 12 year-olds fought wars and got married - the shooter needs to go to "beat-down" prison for a while.

[quote name='froinlaven']Seriously, it's the jelly, folks![/QUOTE]

Ah, we're back at square one with the age-old debate of fat versus sugar. :D

[quote name='Kayden']This kid is going to be glad it happened. When he gets older and someone fucks with him hell be all "What bitch? I was shot in the FACE! I didn't cry, I kept playing PacMan and got a highscore on that MOFO!"[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA pulls out the arcade machine and just points at the screen

I can already picture the new warnings:

´PB&J consumption while playing this game might result in head shots.´

Not that thats a bad thing...

[quote name='Eclipse']I can already picture the new warnings:´PB&J consumption while playing this game might result in head shots.´[/QUOTE]

You might want to include something in the warning label about whether the consumer will be giving or receiving said head shots. :D

[quote name='momadaboo']Wow that is one crazy story... I don't know what to say...[/QUOTE]
Wow you pretty much got me speechless on that one also.

I still don't see how any of this relates to videogames. The words "while playing videogames" are completely irrelevant. What the hell is wrong with people?

[quote name='False Hope']I still don't see how any of this relates to videogames. The words "while playing videogames" are completely irrelevant. What the hell is wrong with people?[/QUOTE]

Its called sensationalism.

[quote name='mykevermin']Good news that the boy's alive; shame the father was responsible enough to own a gun, but not enough to keep it locked up.[/QUOTE]

cmon! the fact that it wasnt locked up shows that the father was not responsible enough to own a gun

bread's done
Back