Wild Arms
Vandal Hearts 2
Beyond the Beyond
Suikoden
Einhander
Brigandine
Mega Man legends 2
Warcraft 2

All are for the PS1 and are complete except Mega Man which is only the disc. I also play Magic the Gathering. I want to be more competitive but some cards like Vengvine, Jace the Mind Sculptor prevent me from doing so. My question is should I sell all these game to earn some money for the Magic cads? I won't play any of these games. I got them just for my collection. Thanks in advanced!

Well if you're going to actually use the cards, then you might as well sell the games. I don't see much point in keeping games in your collection you know you're never going to play.

Just like when I bought this co-workers Sega CD collection, included 12 games, and:

Popful Mail
Lunar
Lunar EB
Vay
Dark Wizard

All for like $30 which was a steal(other games were great too but can't remember them.). This was 10 years ago though.

So... "I got these games but I don't want them. Should I sell them?" I think you've answered your own question.

Anyways that's a real great haul, I don't care much for alot of RPGs either but Einhander is pretty fun, I just scored a copy at the pawn shop the other day for $1 and have been playing it all weekend, you should give it a shot if you like shooters.

so your question is should you sell your games to fund your magic playing? this is a questions only you can answer, if you want the games ever, i would keep them, those are some good prices.

as far as magic goes, the cards are expensive but you might try trading cards for the other cards as that might be a better route. or buy some packs and try your chances.

Ask yourself this.

Are you really big into Magic, IE gonna still be playing it years from now. If so, use this as a means to expand your hobby and deck. In the end its a win win. You can sell them to increase your Magic deck and down the road if you ever quick Magic, you can sell the deck and make mun mun.

It depends on HOW competitive you want to be. If you're only playing in FNMs or local events, I don't see the need to dump a couple hundred dollars on a top-tier deck to win a maybe $5 promo. Keep in mind you will likely need to put even more money into the deck once a new set comes out, which could range from a $20 set of something, to completely having to revamp the deck because of some kind of hate that comes along for it.

Having been somewhat competitive, I can say it's not worth it. Not only is the cost of maintaining a tier-one deck very high, it also requires a lot of time committed on your part. People that play in PTQs, or even local "box" tourneys are likely to be very good, or at least competent players. You will need to test, and test, and test, and test, and test your deck against the other tier-one decks, learning the right plays, and generally learning both your and your opponent's decks intimately (not literally of course).

The idea of selling cards down the line and making money doesn't always hold true either. Prices fluctuate wildly depending on the current format that's being played. For example, I remember Anurid Brushhopper being worth about $15 when it was standard legal. It's now a junk rare because it's not good in any format. The same will probably happen with Vengevine, and to a much lesser extent, Jace.

However, it does look like you will have quite the budget with which to buy cards should you sell those, so do what you feel is right. I'd rather not dump that much money on cards, but that's just my opinion.

Dynafire- I definately noticed that a lot of cards drop price after rotation, which is very depressing if have put money into them. That has been holding me back from investing. Then I ask myself, how much do I intend to play, and I don't know if it justifies buying all these cards. On the other hand, I got a great deal on these games, and I dont intend to play them (although I did play einhander and it is fun!), but like alot of us, it's nice to have certains games in your collection. Ugh. Guess I'll just have to think on it.

Thanks for everyones thoughts!

Wild Arms and Einhander are both worth playing. Personally I'd sell off whatever I didn't intend to play slowly. If you must, you could use the money on $20-40 worth of cards, but first make back the money you invested and even keep a sizable percentage as profit.

bread's done
Back