Braid (XBLA) Name the Game Competition

Sdawg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://braid-game.com/news/?p=405
Haven't seen this posted here yet, so here you go.
From the blog-
To celebrate the release of the Braid theme, I wanted to give away a bunch of copies of the theme for free. But Microsoft says I can’t do that. However, I am able to give out free copies of the game itself, and I have about 20 spares.
Let’s have a Name That Game competition. Posted below are pieces of screenshots from 10 games. Correctly identify each game!
The first 20 people who mail [email protected] with all the correct answers will each win a code for a free copy of Braid on the Xbox 360. The competition ends as soon as all the free copies are gone, or at 11:59pm GMT on March 23, 2009 — whichever comes first. (My bet is that at least one person gets them all within a day… we’ll see!)
If the competition ends without all the free copies having been given away, they will go to the people who got the most right answers. So even if you can’t figure them all out, send in what you’ve got — you still might win.
I reserve the right to deny people who look like they are spamming the answers to win multiple copies, or something.
I'm sure some of you will know them, I can only recognize two so I think I've lost, but I already have the game so I'm good:lol:.

Google answered 9 for me, you just had to look well. At least I think this is the answer: The Gostak.
Might be wrong but eventually came to wikipedia talking about some interactive fiction game.

In interactive fiction

The phrase is the namesake of an interactive fiction game called The Gostak, written by Carl Muckenhoupt. Most of the text of the game is in an entirely unknown language (fundamentally English in syntax and grammar, but with much of the vocabulary and even idiomatic constructions changed) which the player must decipher. For example, the game opens with the following text:

Glauds! How rorm it would be to pell back to the bewl and distunk them, distunk the whole delcot, let the drokes discren them.

The Gostak won the 2001 XYZZY Awards for Best Use of Medium and Best Individual Puzzle.[2]

I have 1, 2, 7, and 9, working on the rest.

If anyone has a few that aren't these, we can work on it together.

I was just about to buy Braid too.

I could definitely answer three of these, the rest seem familiar but I would have to go back through some old articles and stuff.

Anyway, good luck, Braid was an excellent game.

Spoilers:

1 is Adventure.

7 is Rhythm Tengoku.

I think 5 is Space Giraffe.

I'm willing to make this a CAG group effort if you guys are.

[quote name='mkelehan']Spoilers:

1 is Adventure.

7 is Rhythm Tengoku.

I think 5 is Space Giraffe.

I'm willing to make this a CAG group effort if you guys are.[/quote]There is no group with all the damn lurkers around :/

I'm willing to help out with one (the only one I could've named on my own)- #2 is the pretty good indie game "Gamma Bros".

If anyone wins who already has it, feel free to give it to me.

I WON A COPY. Can't believe it.

Did anyone else get to win theirs?

Heres the answers if its not too late.

1. Adventure
2. Gamma bros
3. Strike Force
4. Netrek
5. Space Giraffe
6. Gravitation
7. Rhythm Tengoku Gold
8. La La Land 4
9. The Gostak
10. Ultima IV

[quote name='SunnyD']I WON A COPY. Can't believe it.

Did anyone else get to win theirs?

Heres the answers if its not too late.

1. Adventure
2. Gamma bros
3. Strike Force
4. Netrek
5. Space Giraffe
6. Gravitation
7. Rhythm Tengoku Gold
8. La La Land 4
9. The Gostak
10. Ultima IV[/quote]

Closed as of yesterday- maybe you got the last one? Lucky bastard... well, sorry Mr. Blow, but it's still not worth $15 to me. Maybe once I regain employment.

bread's done
Back