Brain Age Nintendo DS - $20

This won't be rare. BT has single handedly won Japan for the DS. Nintendo is going to push it hard. I can see it catching on too-- people compulsively playing it to get a better "brain age" than their friends. The Japanese largely ignored it too before release-- which is why Iwata gave free copies at the GDC.

I'm thinking about getting this, too bad it won't be out till June (?)

The game will sell well for parents who are looking for more educational games for their kids, most definitely.

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm thinking about getting this, too bad it won't be out till June (?)[/quote]

I am pretty sure that Brain Age comes out on April 17
Big Brain Academy, which may be the title you are thinking of comes out June 5 or 7 if i remember correctly

[quote name='serum79']I am pretty sure that Brain Age comes out on April 17
Big Brain Academy, which may be the title you are thinking of comes out June 5 or 7 if i remember correctly[/QUOTE]I think Brain Age got delayed a week along with Mario

[quote name='serum79']I am pretty sure that Brain Age comes out on April 17
Big Brain Academy, which may be the title you are thinking of comes out June 5 or 7 if i remember correctly[/QUOTE]

yup, I got the two mixed up. oops. :)

[quote name='mkg12']I think Brain Age got delayed a week along with Mario[/quote]

No, that was Big Brain Academy that was delayed, not Brain Age. Brain Age is still slated to be released in April.

[quote name='Fire']ummm... Which ones the one aimed more for young kids.[/QUOTE]

In Japan both appear to be marketed at the elderly...

[quote name='jasonditz']In Japan both appear to be marketed at the elderly...[/QUOTE] No, Big Brain Academy is the childrens one

[quote name='keiblerfan69']See Nintendo knows that this wouldn't sell at full price. I may have to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

Wow, and you are a fucking idiot. This is SELLING DS' in Japan.

[quote name='gizmogc']Wow, and you are a fucking idiot. This is SELLING DS' in Japan.[/quote]

The price in Japan is also low and he's right, it probably wouldn't be selling as well there if it was the equivalent of $35 there which is what other titles retail for. I think it will do well in the US if for no other reason than the $20 retail price and the fact that it will probably be on sale for $15 almost right away.

[quote name='Rictor']The price in Japan is also low and he's right, it probably wouldn't be selling as well there if it was the equivalent of $35 there which is what other titles retail for. I think it will do well in the US if for no other reason than the $20 retail price and the fact that it will probably be on sale for $15 almost right away.[/QUOTE]

Just because something is $20 does not mean it will sell like crayz. Whac-A-Mole and Elf Bowling for example.

[quote name='binbinzhou']The game's retail price is $20.[/QUOTE]

And that is good that they are selling at retail... seems the new thing at GAMESTOP is to mark the lower $$$ games higher and rip people off (Tetris DS).

well $20 is an instant buy and the budget to make these games are much less then tradition games so Nintendo can afford to lower the price.

[quote name='abhinav']Yeah $20, i didnt see this early on ebay, anyone got a link?[/quote] There was only one auction and I think it ended around $60 already. Let me look for it.

EDIT: Well, can't find it.

[quote name='Foolman']There was only one auction and I think it ended around $60 already. Let me look for it.[/QUOTE]
That's ridiculous... wait a month, save $40?

[quote name='soulwish2003']And that is good that they are selling at retail... seems the new thing at GAMESTOP is to mark the lower $$$ games higher and rip people off (Tetris DS).[/QUOTE]That wouldn't be anything new. Babbage's used to alway markup video games $5 over MSRP. I never shopped there until they finally stopped that.

[quote name='AtlusParker']That wouldn't be anything new. Babbage's used to alway markup video games $5 over MSRP. I never shopped there until they finally stopped that.[/quote]
Oh man... I miss babbages and Funcoland...
Anywho, probably going to pick this up when it comes out for 20$. You got nothing to lose, it's 20 bucks!

I got my copy at GDC. It's definitely different than most other software, and it is definitely the kind of game that will get non-gamers playing. Interestingly, the EB down the street from the Convention Center sold more DS's on the day of the Nintendo Keynote than they did on DS launch day. I'm not too ashamed to say that my daily training is the first thing I do when I wake up now. :)

[quote name='gizmogc']Just because something is $20 does not mean it will sell like crayz. Whac-A-Mole and Elf Bowling for example.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was implying shovelware will sell at $20 in his post.

I believe its listed for 20$ on Gamestop.com so it should be 19.99 everywhere, if you see a higher price than 19.99 your getting ripped off and should go elsewhere to buy it.

Gamestop also says they are playable by all ages so i wouldnt say one is for kids and one is for adults.

Um what exactly do you do in this game? Looks like you just do Sudokus, math problems and write letters from all the pics i've saw.... Is that all it is or am I not looking on the right websites?

I just got into messing around with those Sudoku puzzles this week. I like them but i'd rather do them on paper plus you can buy 6400 of them on ebay for $.99. Then print your own and stick them in your pocket to be carried much easier than a DS.

[quote name='$hady']Um what exactly do you do in this game? Looks like you just do Sudokus, math problems and write letters from all the pics i've saw.... Is that all it is or am I not looking on the right websites?

I just got into messing around with those Sudoku puzzles this week. I like them but i'd rather do them on paper plus you can buy 6400 of them on ebay for $.99. Then print your own and stick them in your pocket to be carried much easier than a DS.[/QUOTE]

http://tinyurl.com/ovcv2

Yep, looks like it. It's basically just a game of short, puzzle-ish minigames. I really enjoy this sort of thing, but it may not be for everyone.

Take a look through the screenshots to see what kind of games it has.

bread's done
Back