Brand new game will not read.....confused

buffalo

CAGiversary!
I tried to start Marvel Utimate Alliance 2 last night and put the disc in my console and won't work, tried over and over and reset the console a couple times and nothing, keeps saying it's a media mixed disc or says it can't read the disc?...so I'm thinking I own hundreds of games for the console and this has never happen before and so went to wipe it off with a dry cloth and still nothing...so opened up Darkness II brand new out of wrap and it works fine....err so what is wrong with my MAU2 disc?.

Also being a collecter, having a massive backlog I bought this early last year cheap of newegg so guess I'm screwed with getting a replacement right?.

That sucks. I had that occasionally happen when I would play Fight Night Champion but would work when I took it out and put it back in.

Hmm...I had this exact same problem with the same game, MUA2. Must be a batch of faulty discs, but I wasn't too bothered because I got it for about $5 at Sears

I had an original 20gb xbox 360 that wasn't able to play Fear, even though I tried several copies of it. I didn't make a big deal of it because I got the game for like $5, and the ebay seller sent me a second one free of charge because at the time I thought the disc was defective. It wasn't until years later when I got an 120gb Elite that I could play it.

What I found out was that not every drive is able to read every single disc, although the discs that can't be read by all dvd drives are very few.

bread's done
Back