Brand new GBA SP has a dead pixel. Advice?

MisterRaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hello all. I need some cheap-ass gaming advice.

I bought a brand new GBA SP today (the limited edition NES one), and one of the pixels is dead. It's in the upper-middle area of the screen. It's not terribly obtrusive, but it still bugs the hell out of me.

So, should I just deal with it or try to exchange it? Any other suggestions?

I say stick with it, theres a chance you could exchange it for one that has TWO dead pixels.

I got my SP when it launched in japan so I could have it 6 mnth early and in black, When I got it I discovered a dead pixel close to the center of the screen. it sort of irked me but the fact that it was only one in a screen of many dulled the pain plus i was getting so much more use out of it now that I could actually see my games!

Then I noticed a second dead pixel... I figured it was always there but I didnt notice it immediatly because i was focused on the fact that i could play my games now and was already ignoring the first dead pixel.

Live with it, it's not perfect but what in this world is?

just return it to the store and swap it out; easy peasy!!

you paid $100 for it; it should be tip-top! If you had bought it used, that would be different...but new - it should be perfect!!

i bought a nes one for me and a cobalt one for my gf...hers has a dead pixel near the bottom right of the screen....doesn't really bother her, but it pisses me off...can't do much about it though because the upc's were already sent off to get the $30 back from fye

Absoloutely 100% return it. I bought a retro recently from FYE and the first box they gave me was somewhat dented. The girl looked at my like I was crazy when I told her I wanted another one with a mint box.....as others are saying....you're paying 100 or so for it yours should be 100% mint.

Another vote for exchange. I assume you bought it from a relatively large B&M or online retailer. They shouldn't even blink twice about exchanging it.

1-800-255-3700

same exact thing happened to me..

call big N.

they'll pay fedex to ship it to them... then they'll ship you a relacement.

simple as that for me.

should be for you too.

took 5 days.

sent on saturday. got a fresh one thursday morning.

Why wouldn't you exchange it? Even if it didn't bother you, consider its next owner (if you get tired of it and give it away, trade it in for a DS, or manage to get it stolen). Don't they deserve the best?

[quote name='eldad9']Why wouldn't you exchange it? Even if it didn't bother you, consider its next owner (if you get tired of it and give it away, trade it in for a DS, or manage to get it stolen). Don't they deserve the best?[/quote]

I dunno if the guys who steals it deserves the best... :wink:

Maybe the guy that buys it from whatever pawn shop he sells it to.

[quote name='xion']what's a dead pixel on a GBA??? And what are the causes??[/quote]

since the GBA SP uses and LCD screen, some of the screen's pixels jsut blank out, and theres a tiny spot thats just, like blank. it sucks...

And causes are nothing really. It just happens.

I agree. Whether you return to the Big N or the retailer you bought it from, you should get one with all pixels working for $100.

[quote name='xion']what's a dead pixel on a GBA??? And what are the causes??[/quote]

The guy at Funcoland told me this is caused by not properly cleaning it on a regular basis. Don't know how true that is, but the only GB system that gave me pixel trouble was my original GB. I've used a cleaning kit regularly on every GB system since then (color, GBA original, GBA SP) and haven't had any trouble, yet. I don't know if it is true that cleaning it prevents this, or if he was just getting me to buy a cleaning kit (mission accomplished), but it certainly doesn't hurt to clean it once in a while, especially with kits so cheap now.

bread's done
Back