Brand New Target videogame display!!

Logical Dolphin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My local Super Target has totally revamped their videogame section. Gone are the glass cabinets where all the new games and systems are displayed. Now one copy of all new titles are encased in a clear plastic security case, that you can pick up and look at the back of the box. Each box is tethered to the display by a retractable metal cable. Behind each title, locked away, are additional copies of the title that are in stock.

Using this display method, you no longer have to call for a Target employee to look at a title because it is locked away, only when you are ready to buy.

Target has also added a giant 4 foot touch sensitive interactive display, that can be used to get information about games, systems, and accessories. You can even have the information emailed to you or texted to you.

I was really impressed by Target's new video game department. Hopefully GameStop will adopt this concept so they won't have to gut new games anymore...:lol:

My Target has been like this for a few months. It's a real nice setup, but the touch screen thingy hasn't worked for ages lol :p

I notices this at one of the Targets in my area. I don't stop in this one very often, even though it's the closest to my house. I usually go to one nearest go my work, which still has the glass case. I don't really like it. It makes it seem like they have fewer games. No biggie either way. I only buy clearance games from target and those are halfway across the store.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Using this display method, you no longer have to call for a Target employee to look at a title because it is locked away, only when you are ready to buy.[/QUOTE]

This still needs to go away, I always shop at Best Buy instead of Target or Walmart because no one is ever working the electronics department, and on the rare occasion there is someone there they never have any idea where the keys are, meaning it's usually at least an extra 15 minutes to check out after I've decided what I want.

The only problem with the new display is that all the games in the plastic security cases are damaged in the back by the tether attachment and its two screws. It's bothering if you like your games in mint condition.

It seems like with the new display, they do away the console demos.

[quote name='eau']The only problem with the new display is that all the games in the plastic security cases are damaged in the back by the tether attachment and its two screws. It's bothering if you like your games in mint condition.

It seems like with the new display, they do away the console demos.
[/QUOTE]
At my Target they have the console demos on the far sides of the cases ;)

bread's done
Back