Brand New Zelda Game In The Works!

Zen Davis

Banned
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=6182

We still may be playing through The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess but the 165th issue of Game Informer reports that a new Zelda title has been in development for a year. If true, this could mean we see Link return to the Wii sooner than we thought.

The second tidbit of news they've reported is that The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass has been delayed until October 2007. This would make sense; the game didn't have an overly impressive showing at E3 2006 and we've heard nothing about it since then.

http://onnintendo.com/Index.aspx?page=1&post=16&year=2006&month=12

The latest issue of Game Informer has reported that a brand new Zelda for Wii has been in development for a year and could come out sooner rather than later.

"Our sources tell us that the next installment in this series has been deep in development for around a year. It's highly unlikely that Nintendo would release two Zelda games a year apart, but don't be surprised if this game comes up sooner than you think," reports the magazine.

The same issue also reports that the DS version of Zelda (Phantom Hourglass) has been delayed until October 2007.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=6182

We still may be playing through The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess but the 165th issue of Game Informer reports that a new Zelda title has been in development for a year. If true, this could mean we see Link return to the Wii sooner than we thought.

The second tidbit of news they've reported is that The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass has been delayed until October 2007. This would make sense; the game didn't have an overly impressive showing at E3 2006 and we've heard nothing about it since then.[/quote]

I think I am just going to have to give this a hearty "HELL YES!!!" I'm only through the second dungeon on Twilight Princess and enjoying the game as much as, if not more than, Link to the Past (my previous favorite).

It also makes sense for them to have another one in development, considering this one has been in development for what, 3-4 years now?

My only question, though, is this: is this a new game in the style of Wind Waker or Twilight Princess?

[quote name='Plinko']I think I am just going to have to give this a hearty "HELL YES!!!" I'm only through the second dungeon on Twilight Princess and enjoying the game as much as, if not more than, Link to the Past (my previous favorite).

It also makes sense for them to have another one in development, considering this one has been in development for what, 3-4 years now?

My only question, though, is this: is this a new game in the style of Wind Waker or Twilight Princess?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind if had a windwaker style. It fit perfectly.

[quote name='munch']I wouldn't mind if had a windwaker style. It fit perfectly.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind, either--I enjoyed Wind Waker very much. Get rid of the map and treasure fetching, and its near perfect.

I wouldn't mind seeing an adult Link in the Wind Waker style. Not that it'd really be that much different, but just to switch it up a bit.

I still maintain that Wind Waker is the single most beauitiful game ever made. It certainly had its faults, but I really liked the direction it went.

[quote name='daroga']

I still maintain that Wind Waker is the single most beauitiful game ever made. [/QUOTE]

Better than Okami? Or Shadow of the colossus?

[quote name='munch']I wouldn't mind if had a windwaker style. It fit perfectly.[/quote]

I totally agree. Wind Waker has the best graphics I've ever seen in a game - not from a technical standpoint, obviously, but in terms of overall style. If it had way less sailing, no triforce fetch quest (or if the same quest was spread out like finding one piece in between dungeons or something) and about 5 more huge dungeons and major weapons to use it would have been the best game ever.... although I think TP is going to have that title by the time I finish it (I'm only about 1/3 in and it's already in my top 10 ever).

[quote name='js1']Better than Okami? Or Shadow of the colossus?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would agree that Wind Waker is better. Okami looks nice but I can't stand the whole white glow it seemed to have in the demo. I also noticed that the outlines of things are very dark and stand out. I do think Okami looks awesome but it just isn't as fluid as WW. I do have to play more of the game too though. Shadow of the colossus looks good but there is an uneven frame rate. They used a motion blur to combat some of those issues but it is still noticeable. It will be nice to see a PS3 version where the original design could more fully be realized. Wind Waker is just completely fluid in animation and emotion. I felt as if I was playing and honest to goodness cartoon and it stands as the greatest cel-shaded game to date. Absolutely gorgeous world.

As for the OPs post...good news.

I loved the graphical style of the Wind Waker. Only thing I didn't like was the sailing. I didn't care for it at all (just like the FLUDD accessory for Super Mario Sunshine)

But October 2007 for the Phantom Hourglass game? Wow...oh well, I'd rather wait than have a crappy version of the game released soon.

It's called a RUMOUR, and frankly a bad one at that. Not that long ago the president of Nintendo said that they were not making a Wii game. I trust him more than some shity magazine.

[quote name='Onifrio']Is my posts invisible?

IT FOR DS READ WIKIPEDIA![/QUOTE]

Not that you may be right, but I would hardly trust wikipedia. An 11 year old can get on there and make shit up. It is not a definitive source for stuff like this.

[quote name='Onifrio']Is my posts invisible?

IT FOR DS READ WIKIPEDIA![/QUOTE]

So you're saying the rumor is for another DS game? I mean they do mention Phantom Hourglass will be delayed already, which is the DS game everyone knows. The other just states a new Zelda has been in the making for a year now, not specifying a console or handheld.

WikiPedia for the most part is accurate. Not only that but it's a much better source then speculation.

[quote name='David85']It's called a RUMOUR, and frankly a bad one at that. Not that long ago the president of Nintendo said that they were not making a Wii game. I trust him more than some shity magazine.[/quote]
The same guy that said Twilight Princess was only coming out for the Gamecube?

Game Informer is pretty much run by Electronics Boutique/Gamestop - regardless of how shitty the stores may be, they are a credible source.

~Ahmed~

They said that Tp would be the last of the 3D Adventure Zeldas. It'll be interesting to see what this is.

Maybe it's a................

Wait for it....

Zelda MMO!! :p

[quote name='Apossum']They said that Tp would be the last of the 3D Adventure Zeldas. It'll be interesting to see what this is.

Maybe it's a................

Wait for it....

Zelda MMO!! :p[/quote] When did anyone at Nintendo say that TP would be the last 3D adventure Zelda?
After all, it's one of their best selling and most critically acclaimed franchises. Ending it now would be about as smart as SE ending the FF series with XIII.

bread's done
Back