Bravely Default Collector's Edition finally available for preorder in Canada

ragnar14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I'm gonna go in-store with EB games to minimize risk of damage. This is one limited edition I don't wanna miss out on.

EB doesn't have it, yet. It could be exclusive or something silly, as Gamestop is the only source in the USA so far too.

Or, certain companies haven't added it yet. I doubt it will be exclusive. I'd rather pre-order this with EBGames as well.

EB Games will carry it, I'm sure, but they take an age-and-a-half to add SKUs into their system for anything that isn't mainstream.  Even Pokémon X & Y, Nintendo's biggest game of the year, wasn't pre-orderable until three months after its announcement.

I have it pre-ordered at Best Buy. I wonder if they'll just upgrade it, like they did with Zelda by including the chest?

Which is the problem, because this game releases in February.
Ninendo's November 22 titles didn't get added to EB Games's pre-order list until early October, barely a month before release. Other titles releasing in February that cannot be pre-ordered yet include Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and you know they'll carry those.

Of course, there's no harm in getting in a reservation now with Amazon to ensure that you do get a copy.

Yep, thanks for clearing that up for me, Ragnar and Omega. Gonna put in a pre-order some time this next week.

I have to cancel the regular edition I have pre-ordered during Futureshops E3 deal. Do I have to call their CS to do this? It doesn't seem to let me cancel it on my own on my order.

I have to cancel the regular edition I have pre-ordered during Futureshops E3 deal. Do I have to call their CS to do this? It doesn't seem to let me cancel it on my own on my order.
Yes, call them. Future Shop's online order system is pretty poor. I can't even view my E3 order anymore...for the last three months, it's just said "Your order is processing, check back soon."

Very tempted by this LE, but $26.66 for the E3 promo vs. $49.99 for this... is the extra $23.33 worth it for the extras?
Music CD in a jeweled casing/AR Cards and a Art Book. Considering how many CEs like this go for $59+ on other consoles, I would say yes.

Very tempted by this LE, but $26.66 for the E3 promo vs. $49.99 for this... is the extra $23.33 worth it for the extras?
Depends how much stock you've got in this RPG. To me, it seems like everything most fans wanted The 4 Heroes of Light to be. It's unique, for one. Here's the metacritic page for anyone else interested in the current scores Bravely Default's received.

To be on the safe side... put $5 down at EB or whatever, wait for an NA unboxing video, and see if it's worth it to you.

Heavily? I'm vehemently against censorship, and encourage people to yell at Square for pulling this. But the changes are minor.

They've changed the listed ages of the characters on their profiles, to suggest they're not underage.

They removed one bikini bottom and added spats instead:

mk1SxaP.jpg

Honestly I can't get mad at them for that, because spats are a far better fetish.

Edit: Just realized I hadn't cancelled my Amazon.ca order yet. So there's one more cancellation :)

If Square Enix is making these changes themselves, for marketing/ratings reasons or whatever, then that's not censorship.

It does beg the question of why they feel like they'd need to alter beach/swimsuit scenes, since beaches and swimsuits aren't really morally sensitive.

Actually, they cut out all the DLC swimsuits as well, AND cut out an entire sidequest that involved a beach party.
Aw no, were you planning on jacking off to that part of the game, too? DAAAMMMNNN YOU, SQUEENIX!! *shakes fist*

In all honesty, though, is it really a big deal? I imagine it'd be even bigger if it had been included, because gaming sites like Polygon would absolutely rip it to shreds, leaving SE and Nintendo in a needlessly awkward position, on top of ultimately affecting sales of the game.

No, I cancelled my preorder because censorship is a load of bullshit.
It's not censorship.

EDIT: I should clarify that I understand where you're coming from. But it's unfair to call it censorship (which is a serious thing) when what it really amounts to is SE willingly making a business decision. And it's of course still OK if you want to show your opposition to that business decision with your wallet.

Actually, they cut out all the DLC swimsuits as well, AND cut out an entire sidequest that involved a beach party.
Well if you must have your skimpy swimsuits and sleazy sidequest, you could just import since the JPN version supports multiple languages and dual audio. Though it also means you'd need a JPN 3DS :p

The demo is now available on the eShop. Will probably give those a better of idea of whether they want to hold onto their E3/Gamescom pre-orders, or go in for the $50 next month.

I've asked this elsewhere, but haven't had much luck getting an answer:

Are you able to use the circle pad for menu navigation? Because in the demo you have to use the circle pad strictly for moving, and the directional pad for doing everything in the menu. It's kinda broken/a pain in the ass having to switch between the two constantly. Is this just for the demo? or does the full game change it/atleast let you change it?

I've asked this elsewhere, but haven't had much luck getting an answer:

Are you able to use the circle pad for menu navigation? Because in the demo you have to use the circle pad strictly for moving, and the directional pad for doing everything in the menu. It's kinda broken/a pain in the ass having to switch between the two constantly. Is this just for the demo? or does the full game change it/atleast let you change it?
Considering the Japanese version is finished (and English too, apparently) and we're just getting a localization, I'd guess the demos gameplay mechanics are representative of the finished product.

I couldn't even find the options menu. In fact I'm quite aggravated there's no LOAD screen or a soft reset. There's just this one guy in town who lets you go back to main screen.

Yep, it's been confirmed by reviewers that the controls for the full version are the same as in the demo, and can't be changed whatsoever. Asinine design choice. I don't know how you fuck up a handheld game in this day and age, but alas, Squeenix.

Anyone know if the box will even be black for the NA version? I know it was for JP, but not for EU.

Just to be clear, Sillicon Studio are the ones who worked on the game.

Just to be clear, Sillicon Studio are the ones who worked on the game.
Spelt with only one 'l'. Also published by SE, and is, essentially, a spiritual successor to an FF title. But you're right, they did work on it; they also worked on 3D Dot Game Heroes, a game that allowed you to use the D-Pad and Analog Stick for movement. I'm not saying let's put the blame solely on SE, but let's not absolve the ones with the influence on the title at the end of the day, and with the less than stellar track record this past gen.

You can quit to title by being somewhere where you can manually save. There's a "To Title" button in the save menu.

That said...I think I'm gonna stick with my $26.66 E3 preorder and my drop collector's edition order. The demo makes the game seem a little too sloppy to justify another $23. Heck, I still got SMTIV and EO Millenium Girl shrinkwrapped.

bread's done
Back