Bravely Default Collector's Edition finally available for preorder in Canada

ragnar14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna go preorder the CE at futureshop tomorrow. I usually don't go for CEs but it's only 10 bucks more and seems actually limited. I figure it may hold it's value better longer and I might flip it after I beat it.

Yep, they've secured more copies and are pre-orderable in store again, too. No knowing how long they'll last.
Makes me want to undo my CE preorder actually; if it's not gonna be limited whats the point? I only really want a CE if it helps the game retain it's value better so I can resell it at a better price.

Makes me want to undo my CE preorder actually; if it's not gonna be limited whats the point? I only really want a CE if it helps the game retain it's value better so I can resell it at a better price.
What? Of course it's going to be limited. EB was the only ones so far to obtain more copies. Best Buy is completely sold out, and Futureshop has little stock left.

This doesn't mean Square Enix is printing more copies. It just means EB has acquired more.

That said, Collector's Editions aren't usually all that rare or limited. They're just bundled with extras for collectors. It's marketing. Occasionally a truly rare Limited Edition comes along, but just because something has extras doesn't mean it's going to be valuable.

Of course, bundles like this usually do retain better value than a normal edition anyway, just because they come with more stuff.

Still available at Amazon.ca I think. The EU version looks more "collectible", if you were interested in a more limited version.

YtY7XhQ.png

Here's an unboxing video of the CE:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPRkRQgOnxo[/media]

Here's an unboxing video of the CE:
That was a horrible unboxing. They didn't actually focus on the item in question, and the marketing shills in it spent the entire time talking about how great every single thing was. Like really, ranting about how great a 10 track CD is.

I pre-ordered from BestBuy Jan 15 online. I sent an email asking "what's up, it should have shipped" kinda thing, they are saying it's backordered.

I have one at Amazon, hopefully that one comes in time as I pre-ordered that one back on November 28.

I pre-ordered from BestBuy Jan 15 online. I sent an email asking "what's up, it should have shipped" kinda thing, they are saying it's backordered.
Ewww. My cheap E3/FutureShop copy showed up on Monday, so they should have been shipping stuff out days ago. But maybe their allocation of the CE just hasn't reached them yet.

I pre-ordered one from BestBuy.ca just this past Sunday, but received an e-mail yesterday telling me that they didn't have enough stock to fill any orders placed after February 1st.

Truth be told, I wasn't really upset by this. I wasn't sure if I was interested in the Collector's Edition (obviously, if it took me that long to pre-order it), and after seeing the unboxing, I don't feel like I'll be missing much.

As compensation, they sent me a $10 e-voucher. I also have my $30 standard pre-order for the game, having taken advantage of the Gamescom sale, so I really can't complain!

Ewww. My cheap E3/FutureShop copy showed up on Monday, so they should have been shipping stuff out days ago. But maybe their allocation of the CE just hasn't reached them yet.
How did you get it so early?...It only releases on Friday.

Well, they shipped it out Monday. It didn't have to go far, so it got here the same day (or they overpaid for shipping?).

Jokes on them, I'm probably not even going to open it. Straight into the backlog it goes :D/

Well, they shipped it out Monday. It didn't have to go far, so it got here the same day (or they overpaid for shipping?).

Jokes on them, I'm probably not even going to open it. Straight into the backlog it goes :D/
This made me cry

I got my CE from EBGames (in-store downtown Montreal) and they told me they had well over 100 preorders. Then I cancelled my preorder on amazon.ca because it still hasn't shipped.

If anyone in MTL wants the regular edition for 30$ let me know before I return it to Future Shop next week.

I have one at Amazon, hopefully that one comes in time as I pre-ordered that one back on November 28.
I guess I got lucky and ordered one of the last CEs. I placed my order on the 8th of January at BestBuy and they shipped it out on thursday.

I got my CE from EBGames (in-store downtown Montreal) and they told me they had well over 100 preorders. Then I cancelled my preorder on amazon.ca because it still hasn't shipped.

If anyone in MTL wants the regular edition for 30$ let me know before I return it to Future Shop next week.
Are you still selling your copy for $30?

Me to Best Buy support:

Hello there. I've heard rumours that Best Buy has had difficulties meeting stock requirements for the Collector's Edition of Bravely Default. That the release date has passed and my pre-order is listed as 'out of stock' seems to indicate this is plausible. I would sincerely appreciate if you could shed some light on this, and let me know whether there is sufficient stock to have this CE ship this week, or whether the demand has exceeded the supply and this order is unlikely to be fulfilled.

Best Buy support to me:

Sorry to inform you that this item is on backorder we will ship this item as soon as it is received from the manufacturer.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at our toll-free1 1-866-237-8289 or by email.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

I think EB may have cancelled my order. I never received a shipping notice from them, but I never received a cancellation notice from them either. When I check the tracking information on their site, it shows the status as "Closed" and $0.00 as the total charge.

EDIT: Looks like it might have been in pre-shipping processing or something. Fingers crossed!

Lol thank god amazon had stock of this for about 2 hrs on friday, me and a friend were able to order one each. mine shipped yesterday soooo happy i didnt pay ebay prices for it when it was OOS everywhere.

Does anyone know of any sales for the regular version? It's out of stock everywhere except for Futureshop.ca, where it's $45 tax included. And they only have about 9 in stock.

Does anyone know of any sales for the regular version? It's out of stock everywhere except for Futureshop.ca, where it's $45 tax included. And they only have about 9 in stock.
You're not going to see this on sale any time soon. It just came out last month.

If you can maybe find stock at RCSS, they're doing no-tax again this Saturday (here in BC, sometimes it's regional). It's as good a time as any to pickup new~ish releases.

bread's done
Back