Bravely Second $24 at BB with GCU

Repeat of last month's deal. I take this as a sign that further reductions are coming. It seems the consensus is this game fell short of the first, so I'm settling in for the CAG wait.

I picked this up last time it was on sale. It's still sealed on my shelf, but for the price it's not bad, I'll eventually play it after I go back through the first game.

Someone said there were major changes and censoring to the US release?
Yep, I'm sure you can google the details but it's alot of the clothes/dialogue branches/quest & the art book you got from the LE were changed dramatically so westerners aren't offended.

Repeat of last month's deal. I take this as a sign that further reductions are coming. It seems the consensus is this game fell short of the first, so I'm settling in for the CAG wait.
While some of the games complaints come from people who have actually played the game, it's mostly people who haven't played the game that make the most noise. I'm only 12 hours in, but for anyone who's interested. The dialogue at times is better than the first, which also had the rare moment of good dialogue, however there's points in the game where the dialogue is really cringey. The world map on the second game is identical to the first, but most of the accessible areas are new towns and dungeons that weren't in the first game.

The gameplay is the same, but it's a bit better developed imo. When playing Bravely Default, unless it was support, you probably used a magic user just because, not because it was an integral part of your team. Attack magic on Bravely Default was just pathetic, doing worse damage than pretty much anything physical you could muster, while costing MP and other stats being so poor. You'll be glad to know that magic on Bravely Second is actually good, so unlike the first game, it's actually worth taking the penalties in your other stats this time around because you'll actually be dealing damage that exceeds that of your melee characters this time around. Maybe two handed and two sword will be a bit too much damage to overcome, but I haven't had to equip two rods yet to make my magic useful either.

Bravely Second may or may not be better than the first based on my time playing it, but it's just as, or almost just as good as the first. Easily among the best RPGs on the 3DS and of the generation.

That's a great deal.  I've enjoyed the little bit I've played so far.  I loved the first one.  This one seems like a good followup.  They didn't change much, but they didn't need to IMO. 

bread's done
Back