Bravely Second: End Layer Collector's Edition

tumblr_o691c6pfzZ1spket1o1_540.jpg

Nope, they came back in stock after the 20% off window.
I've seen this a few times with amazon now that they have the GCU discount. I forgot the other title, but expect more of these "restocks after the first two weeks have passed" in the future.

I've seen this a few times with amazon now that they have the GCU discount. I forgot the other title, but expect more of these "restocks after the first two weeks have passed" in the future.
Amazon tried to match Best Buy's GCU and failed. First, you have to have Prime which costs $99 a year unless you are a student compared to Best Buy's GCU which costs $30 for 2 years. Then, Amazon's "program" only applies to pre orders and games within 2 weeks of their release date while BB's applies to all new games for 2 years even when they are on sale. Amazon's "program" is only worth it if you have Amazon credit to burn.

Amazon tried to match Best Buy's GCU and failed. First, you have to have Prime which costs $99 a year unless you are a student compared to Best Buy's GCU which costs $30 for 2 years. Then, Amazon's "program" only applies to pre orders and games within 2 weeks of their release date while BB's applies to all new games for 2 years even when they are on sale. Amazon's "program" is only worth it if you have Amazon credit to burn.
If you compare the 20% GCU vs 20% amazon, then yes the GCU is better every time. Amazon put it as an addon. It is nice that it is there, but you do get a lot more with prime than GCU. Yes they failed on the purely game aspect, but at least they tried and I benefit somewhat from it. And no, I am not a trade in credit hoarder.

If you compare the 20% GCU vs 20% amazon, then yes the GCU is better every time. Amazon put it as an addon. It is nice that it is there, but you do get a lot more with prime than GCU. Yes they failed on the purely game aspect, but at least they tried and I benefit somewhat from it. And no, I am not a trade in credit hoarder.
One other benefit of Prime's discount is Prime shipping... preorders at BBY sometimes don't get free shipping unless you meet their $35 requirement.

It's a nice addition but would def be nice if the window extended to like... a month, instead of 2 weeks.

One other benefit of Prime's discount is Prime shipping... preorders at BBY sometimes don't get free shipping unless you meet their $35 requirement.

It's a nice addition but would def be nice if the window extended to like... a month, instead of 2 weeks.
$35? Weird, because literally all of my preorders from best buy(many of which are movie steelbooks around $20-$30) have had free 2-day shipping and no tax. At least best buy ships my stuff in a box instead of a cheap cardboard sleeve.

$35? Weird, because literally all of my preorders from best buy(many of which are movie steelbooks around $20-$30) have had free 2-day shipping and no tax. At least best buy ships my stuff in a box instead of a cheap cardboard sleeve.
Most items come with FS, but not all. Right now, Valkyria Chronicles doesn't have FS, unless you spend $35.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/valkyria-chronicles-remastered-playstation-4/4991702.p?id=bb4991702&skuId=4991702

Is you elite bro? Coz lot of ppl ain't.

I picked up mine in person at Best Buy and it had a smashed corner. I wish I knew they were plentiful, because I would have returned it & re-ordered. I thought it was that one or nothing, as was my case with the original Bravely Default CE at Gamestop (which I picked up in person, and it had a smashed box). These retailers are hopeless. They can't find anywhere else to stack their stolen DLC codes, so they have to crush the CE boxes by stacking them on top. I'm done with CE's because I either can't get them, or if I can, they are at rapist rates or damaged.

Returned the best up POS one I got from Walmart and ordered via amazon. :D sent in a box. Flawless condition
lucky, I ordered one was corner crushed and its' replacement shipped in the same type of foldover box had the bottom crushed. Gave up and returned the latter as it was getting worse.....

lucky, I ordered one was corner crushed and its' replacement shipped in the same type of foldover box had the bottom crushed. Gave up and returned the latter as it was getting worse.....
They sent me mine in an actual box. I used to hate those stupid foldover boxes though. Everything came damaged. I think maybe they have me flagged since I call often to complain and are now finally going out of their way to send things with good padding or that don't come in ridiculously large boxes. You could always ask for a credit for the item coming damaged and they'll give you back a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back