Brawl "taste-test". March 9th.

sm_twinz

CAG Veteran
Well, in the Best Buy flyer, there is an advertisement to try Super Smash Bros. Brawl before you buy. It is available between 12-4pm on March 9th.

Locations (store name- City):

BC
Cambie- Vancouver
Burnaby

Alberta
Edmonton South
Deerfoot Meadows- Calgary

Ontario
Heartland- Mississauga
Sherway- Etobicoke
Bay & Dundas- Toronto

Quebec
Marche Central- Montreal (sorry that I can't do the accents)

It says you can challenge Team Nintendo (please enlighten me), and get some swag. And remember, free remote armor with every game;)

Nothing in Ontario outside the GTA, and only a few other Metropolitan areas. Very lame. I would love to participate in this or the upcoming Brawl tournament, but there's not a single one in Ottawa. I guess Nintendo has no interest in most of Canada.

Team Nintendo are just marking gombas. College kids with a very sweet job. The best thing you might get is a Nintendo hat, shirt or something similar. Don't expect them to be handing out DSs like candy :lol:

And I'd rather get the Wii hat from FS.

Anyway, 1 more day.

Got my pre-order from Dell.ca shipped on Friday, cant wait to get it! Will probably hit one of those locations and give it a try for the time being

eh I may go check it out. Maybe there will be a free copy up for grabs.

Considering I'm not buying it for a while unless I get a great deal this sounds fun. Plus I live 10 mins from sherway.

To be honest, I probably will go to this. Not for the swag, not to get some sorta free copy, but to be sure to justify the purchase of this game (just remember that we all have different tastes). And the chance at brawl is a bit exciting.

Im not excited at all for brawl. Yes, ill get it at launch, but I would trade it for mario kart in a heartbeat. To me, mario kart's multiplayer trumps brawl.

[quote name='gamer602']Im not excited at all for brawl. Yes, ill get it at launch, but I would trade it for mario kart in a heartbeat. To me, mario kart's multiplayer trumps brawl.[/quote]

[quote name='magiic']I just bought it because it was cheap on dell. I'll probably rent it and decide if I keep it or not.[/quote]

YOU ARE BOTH CRAZY AND WILL DIE A DEATH BY MY HAND THE DAY THERE IS A BC CAG MEETUP MARK MY WORDS

it's just not that exciting to me. I never really got into fighting games. N64 was ok, I never really enjoyed melee so Im not expecting to be too thrilled with brawl

What makes Brawl great is all the extra content. If you have experienced and enjoyed older Nintendo game series, Brawl is basically a compilation of all aspects that have made Nintendo outstanding to date.

The expansive soundtrack includes remixes and orchestrated compositions of many old familiar themes, which by itself, is reason enough to own this title.

The roster also includes many iconic figures from many major game series.

However, if you are expecting something head and shoulders above Melee, the core of the game plays almost identically to Melee minus the wavedashing mechanics. Except now you have more characters at your disposal and new stages to play on, which isn't a bad thing.

So I just got back from it. The most I can say about it is that brawl is a decent game, but it feels like it's nothing special playing it. But saying that doesn't make it a bad game. I played and got first (basically I won between 2 kids and possibly their mom) and got a boxing glove key chain, which I love so much. And team Nintendo, just a guy who set it up, handed out the controllers to the players, and gave the winner a key chain.

Pretty quiet at the Vancouver Best Buy: I played about 5 matches and won a couple. The glove key chain is pretty awesome though. I wish I got to use GC controllers rather than sideway Wii remotes. The girls working there were so anal about using the wrist strap. :whistle2:|

crap totally missed out

anyone want to post a pic of the keychain

really wanted to go just for that

bread's done
Back