BRE Software sale codes

[quote name='bzchanboy']Shady place is shady. Beware caggers of Fresno, CA[/QUOTE]

This is also good advice for anyone traveling to California.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Shady place is shady. Beware caggers of Fresno, CA[/QUOTE]
Shady, huh? I guess that's why they've been in biz since the SNES/Genesis days or earlier then. How about some examples of how they're 'shady'?

Yeah, BRE has been on the internet since the internet became the internet.... could you elaborate on their alleged "shadiness"?

[quote name='Gosha']They own Video Game Instruction Booklets as well. High shipping rates on those manuals/boxes.[/QUOTE]
According to some I was charging too much for cases/artworks/manuals from the cases I bought from Hollywood Video when they were going outta biz. But $3 or so is pretty reasonable if you have to go out and buy a mailer to ship stuff in. Postal rates aren't static, but few people on here realize that.

Yet if you shipped something to them in a simple envelope with no padding just to get them cheaper shipping, they'd be the first ones to bitch about how the item got 'destroyed' en route. Packaging costs money, shipping costs money. Get used to it or buy stuff in B & M stores where you can see what you're buying and won't pay shipping charges(but will pay tax in most cases).

They're not really that shady... they're just like any other store that deals with older/retro games. Their markups are high and they'll offer you a fraction of a game's actual value.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']According to some I was charging too much for cases/artworks/manuals from the cases I bought from Hollywood Video when they were going outta biz. But $3 or so is pretty reasonable if you have to go out and buy a mailer to ship stuff in. Postal rates aren't static, but few people on here realize that.

Yet if you shipped something to them in a simple envelope with no padding just to get them cheaper shipping, they'd be the first ones to bitch about how the item got 'destroyed' en route. Packaging costs money, shipping costs money. Get used to it or buy stuff in B & M stores where you can see what you're buying and won't pay shipping charges(but will pay tax in most cases).[/QUOTE]

where do you buy mailers for $3 each? I buy a case of 100 #2 padded mailers shipped to my door for around $.19 each plus another $.03 for a self stick 1/2 sheet label for my printer. Probably the most expensive thing is the ink my printer uses. Or maybe you mean the cost for the manuals was $3 each shipped which would be reasonable. But if you are charging paying anywhere near $3 for just the shipping supplies you are indeed too high.

I remember buying from them through ebay, they're my #1 place for getting cases/manuals/coverslips. Not shady at all!

There's nothing shady about BRE at all. I've been dealing with them for over 20 years (as I live in "shady" Fresno CA as well). I remember when they sold nothing but Atari ST and Amiga software before they got big into the NES and consoles. They been in business this long for a reason ;)

[quote name='kklems']where do you buy mailers for $3 each? I buy a case of 100 #2 padded mailers shipped to my door for around $.19 each plus another $.03 for a self stick 1/2 sheet label for my printer. Probably the most expensive thing is the ink my printer uses. Or maybe you mean the cost for the manuals was $3 each shipped which would be reasonable. But if you are charging paying anywhere near $3 for just the shipping supplies you are indeed too high.[/QUOTE]
Unless I have mailers sitting around here from places like Amazon/GS/BB shipping me stuff in them, I only buy the mailers when I need them so I don't have 100's of them sitting here since I don't make deals or ship stuff out every day.

But usually if I had to buy a mailer, I'd just stop into the local dollar store and grab a 2-3 pack for $1 and just use those till they're gone. With that added cost, it was only typically costing around $3 or sometimes a lil over with Delivery Confirmation to ship stuff out that was game case sized.

Yet I still have had folks asking me to forgo delivery confirmation or using a padded envelope for items just to save those few cents. Sometimes I have relented and actually shipped stuff out w/o DC or in a plain envelope, but only once they agreed to not complain if something either never arrived or got beat up en route.

Thing is, I do also go to the actual post office to ship stuff out, since I don't have a printer at home because I never needed one due to the sporadic nature of making deals or selling stuff online. I just looked at it as another added expense and something that'd sit here collecting dust n annoying me that I paid X amount for that I'm not using daily.

bread's done
Back