Breach XBLA out NOW!

Rhett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
It'll be 1200 MSP. Looks pretty good/cool for an Arcade game. (I'm extremely picky and think 90% of the current Arcade selection sucks.)

Breach is a modern FPS with third-person cover elements (think Rainbow Six: Vegas). Up to 8v8 with 4 game modes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, i have been watching this the past couple weeks. Looks pretty damn cool.

Ill try demo first.

thanks for the topic OP even though i disagree with your 90% sucks lol

I'll post a link when my review goes live, but I can sum it by saying that if it can get a good, dedicated audience that makes it easy to hop into a match at any time of the day, it'll be worth the $15. It's very comparable to Battlefield 1943 with more maps (one more plus a night version of another map), modes (five modes plus hardcore versions of each mode), classes (four classes plus a fifth unlockable class) an experience/unlock system (perks, gadgets, weapons, and mods), and more depth to its gameplay. The places where 1943 outclasses it is in the visuals, flashier destructible environments, and the easy-to-pick-up gameplay. It has enough content for $15, but whether it can get a good audience that will keep playing it is key to its success. I heard that the first Black Ops map pack hits next week, so I guess that will be a big test for this game.

So.... much.... LAG and connection issues, hope this isnt tied into the game and just a problem on MS's side like major nelson said.

Couldnt play one match the right way yet.

Damn I was going to make a thread about this since I have been waiting forever to play it.

I just downloaded it and havent really go into it yet.

I can say right now that this should have had dedicated severs, I can tell right off the bat there are going to be very VERY few people who can successfully host this game. Period.

If you dont have a good connection you might as well give it up and only join matches.....too bad most people are not smart enough to realize this so quick matches will be a coin flip until some fix has been made.

Tried it... very neat game. It has its flaws.. (most glaringly: people with shitty internet hosting 12-16 player servers, which fill up FAST...)

I hosted an 8 player server before my trial ran out, though, and had a little fun (without lag!). I don't think I could buy it for 1200MSP, but maybe 800. Or, if I really wanted to play it at some point...

It's not terrible, but the lack of dedicated MP servers (probably due to funding?) and the hugeness of the maps for so few players... Maybe it'd be better with a scope or sniper rifle of some sort.

It really needs a player limit for hosts, depending on your internet speed, though.

Yeah, the main network issue I had was where it tried to migrate the host and failed, so two or three games just dropped at that point. Most of my games went just fine.

I also got an advanced code and thought it was pretty good, but I couldn't find more than one game at a time, so I couldn't make an accurate assessment of the game. Whenever I popped on there were no more than eight people playing and thusly I couldn't in good conscience review it yet, now that it is officially out, I will do so.

Wow, correct me if I am wrong but I pretty sure if you get kicked/disconnected/host leaves/anytime you dont finish a game...you dont get any credit for unlocks or perks.

I had a 406 balance and played 4 games...none of them finished and I even unlocked a cheesemint and 30min later I still have 406 credits.

If this is true it makes the game unplayable in my opinion and virtually worthless. With the amount of disconnects due to shitty connections it would take you weeks to build up enough money to buy things...let alone just the frustrating of wasting your time. I have only finished about 7 games out of 15 or so.

I will keep an eye out on my balance from now on just to make sure.

EDIT:

Convoy is really fun when you can play a whole round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I looked forward to this game for a long time and I knew with their ghost town of a official website and the delay at the last second with no release date this was doomed.

The game is not good/fun enough to go through the hassle to play it. Its day one with barely more than 20 games online (most of which are 4/12 due to the shitty quick match) its filled with lag and disconnected. Also, my friend and I tried for 20 min to join a match together and by the end of it we couldnt even get into a player lobby.

Its a below average game that is a pain in the ass to even get started. It takes 30-60 seconds to even find a match each time and its a coin flip as to whether I can connect to it. TDM also dominates the play list and sorry to say I can play TMD on a million better games then this, why they included it at all is a mystery since the maps are massive. There also is a ton of things that are just annoying, having to go back to the main screen to change your load out.

The bottom line is there are a thousand over FPS you could play and breach has done nothing to set itself apart. The destructible environment plays a very small role in the overall game.

This game clearly wasnt ready and needs a massive amount of patches to really be mainstream enough to survive.

Ugh, I hate how I always sound negative on games but being realistic always hurts.

Havent been keeping up with any release news but this looks interesting. I'll have to check out the demo it has to be better than the Crysis 2 and BULLETSTORM demos. Won't take much! :)

bread's done
Back