Breakdown for XBox $14.99 after BB GGC

WKT

CAGiversary!
Best Buy has Breakdown at $19.99 ($14.99 if you use the GGC). It was this way in NYC and Paramus, NJ although not in Secaucus, NJ. Also available online.

Apologies if this is old news but most other places are still $49.99.

To me, this game was frustrating because there were too many enemies on screen and theres no move to knock them all out at once.

The game is actually very good. It's pretty different, but the hand-to-hand combat is quite fun and the story and presentation are EXCELLENT. Definatly pick it up at this price if you can, after knowing how good it is I'd have easilly payed $30 or $40 for it. Unfortunalty it sold quite horribly, which may explain the quick price drop. Hopefully it'll get a bit more recognition now, it's one of the most underrated games of the year (I can't understand why it got such mediocre reviews, it has it's flaws but it's still much better than most any other game released recently...save for Ninja Gaiden).

And Renzo, did you use that shockwave attack much? Works great against multiple enemies, pretty much damages and knocks out every enemy in front of you. Then once they're all knocked down go up to one and beat the crap out of him while he's getting up. Also attacking one enemy and then quickly switching targets and attacking another works much better than trying to attack just one target when up against multiple enemies.

Edge, I do use that move but u can only use it a couple of times. Everytime I went to attack someone on the ground another T'lan came up behind me. The one level that pissed me off was when u had to fight 5 waves of different T'lan.

Ahh, yeah that was a tough fight. You really have to move around a lot and plan your attacks, you have to time your hits in between the enemies attacks (it's hard at first but once you get a bit of practice it's doable). The big guys especially were a pain, but if you can position yourself right you can usually use some hit-and-run attacks to defeat them. Hit one guy once, then while he's stunned hit the other guy, etc., takes a lot of time but it works eventually. And if nothing else, just kill a few of those stray guys around the arena to fill up your t'langen so you can do the shockwave attack more. But since it's the last battle before the final "boss" I guess it makes sense that it's the hardest.

Breakdown is a great game. Controls can be frustrating but once you get them down it plays really well.

Even if you don't like it, GameCrazy gives $22 trade in credit for breakdown with MVP, so you can still get more credit back than you paid..

It's definetly worth that price, I picked it up at $50 and It's a great game, It can be frustrating and slow at first, but It get's more interesting and fun a bit later as well. I recommend everyone check the game out, specially with such a low price.

[quote name='Renzokuken']To me, this game was frustrating because there were too many enemies on screen and theres no move to knock them all out at once.[/quote]

There is a move that you can knock all the enemies around you down. It is not the most effective but it did saved my butt a few times. Still, it can be frustrating when you are fighting more than 1 person in hand2hand combat.

bread's done
Back