Breakfast Sandwiches...

Jaket

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (99%)
I got myself a bacon egg and cheese at 5:30 this morning from McDonalds and it hit the spot! I don't eat there often, i know it is pretty unhealthy, but once in a while, its just too convienient to pass up.

What kind of sandwich do you get?

suggestion: switch it to general breakfast sandwich thread.

McDonalds has a 100% track record of making me ill. I am 4/4 sick over the last 2 years. Give me one of those artery clogging Enormous Omlette Sandwiches from Burger King any day.

online advertising really works. I remember last time there was some thread on some other food item, I think people went out and bought it. I may even have, I dont remember.

You've basically just sold a bunch of breakfast sandwiches. People are gonna read it early in the morning and think to themselves, hey, thats not a bad idea.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']online advertising really works. I remember last time there was some thread on some other food item, I think people went out and bought it. I may even have, I dont remember.

You've basically just sold a bunch of breakfast sandwiches. People are gonna read it early in the morning and think to themselves, hey, thats not a bad idea.[/QUOTE]And fuck me, I might be one of those people. Helps that's I don't have enough milk for my cereal today. :lol:

I second (or third) the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds. There's a deli in the building where I work. They also sell a "Sunrise" sandwich. I go for the bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel (they also have croissants). :drool: Mmmmmm...I may have to go get one now. I was just gonna get a donut.

I like to take a thick slice of ham and sear it in my cast iron pan. Then I fry up an egg and melt cheese ontop of it. Throw it on some toast... =P~

I love breakfast at McD's but I get their Deluxe breakfast. Pancakes, sausage, biscuit, hashbrown, and eggs for like $3. Being a true cheap ass, I bring my own OJ.

Burger King has a good breakfast sandwich on a bagel. But it's been a while since I had it.

Chik-Fil-A has awesome mini chicken sandwiches. Basically one of their nuggets on a mini biscuit. And hash brown nuggets. That's my favorite thing to get if I'm going to have to eat while driving -- and it isn't Sunday...

Egg + lemon pepper + cheddar + english muffin = :drool: :drool: :drool: [quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']And fuck me, I might be one of those people. Helps that's I don't have enough milk for my cereal today. :lol:[/QUOTE]
BK is too far away so I ended up with doughnuts today. :lol:

steak egg and cheese bagels are amazing if you dont mind the excessive salt.... Also, mc griddles are one of the nastiest mc donalds creations ever...

I tried to get a bacon egg and cheese bagel at McDonalds the other day but the idiots screwed it up and gave me a steak egg and cheese bagel instead. I was pissed because I usually don't eat beef but my hunger and unwillingness to throw it away forced me to eat it. Holy shit was it good. I'm still refraining from finding out how many calories were in it but I'll be damned if it wasn't the best greasy breakfast sandwich I've ever had in my life.

I personally order off the menu and get a sausage biscuit with chesse (no egg). I know, I know; I like to live dangerously.

[quote name='pdat2003']I personally order off the menu and get a sausage biscuit with chesse (no egg). I know, I know; I like to live dangerously.[/QUOTE]
I used to get my mcgriddles sausage egg, no cheese. But I haven't had one in months.

Just had a sausage, egg, & cheese mcgriddle a few minutes ago. It's the first I've had in probably 9-10 months. Hell, it's the first anything I've had from McD's.

I only ever eat two things at McD's, the Sausage Biscuit, or the Sausage Mcgriddle. The egg always looks disgusting, but the biscuit hits the spot and if I eat two I'm fine without eating for a good 8 hours.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']fuck you!
;)

edit- EXCELLENT, the steak egg and cheese bagel isn't listed, FREE CALORIES![/quote]

:lol: You could have "refrained" from looking at that sheet!!! Strange, but I thought that bacon would have more calories than sausage...

Fast food breakfast sandwiches? No freaking way. Nothing compares to some taylor ham, american cheese and an over-medium egg on a toasted everything bagel. Of course if you don't live near NYC I imagine getting a real bagel is pretty tough...

The best fast food breakfast sandwhich is a breakfast on a bun sandwhich from whataburger. I have always wanted to try that big breakfast sandwhich from burger king but every time i go there my heart begs me not to.

[quote name='gamefan1686']The best fast food breakfast sandwhich is a breakfast on a bun sandwhich from whataburger. I have always wanted to try that big breakfast sandwhich from burger king but every time i go there my heart begs me not to.[/QUOTE]

I used to live in Houston, I miss Whataburger soooo much. They had the greatest breakfast burritos also. My other favorite breakfast food was a sausage and cheese kolache from Shipley donuts. OH man oh man, I wish I could have one right now!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I used to live in Houston, I miss Whataburger soooo much. They had the greatest breakfast burritos also. My other favorite breakfast food was a sausage and cheese kolache from Shipley donuts. OH man oh man, I wish I could have one right now![/QUOTE]

Man I went to shipleys last weekend and got a dozen of the sausage and cheese kolaches, they a truely a work of art.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I used to live in Houston, I miss Whataburger soooo much. They had the greatest breakfast burritos also. My other favorite breakfast food was a sausage and cheese kolache from Shipley donuts. OH man oh man, I wish I could have one right now![/quote] Out of curiosity, do you guys have carne asada fries or california burritos in texas? I had a conversation with a marine from Texas who didn't know what the hell I was talking about, and he was Mexican.

That had me guessing that the best Mexican fast food, if not the best fast food of all time, can only be found Southern California. Seriously, some people think the best food you can get in San Diego is the fish tacos or whatever, but the real shit's at the ghettoass taco shops you see when you're driving around here. It's better than Rally's, In-N-Out, White Castle, or whatever fast food you can name.

I hope some locals can help me out here on this one.

[quote name='gamefan1686']Man I went to shipleys last weekend and got a dozen of the sausage and cheese kolaches, they a truely a work of art.[/QUOTE]

I had never heard of a kolache, but they sound pretty good. I wonder if you can get them anywhere in No. VA...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolache

[quote name='shieryda']Nutritional info. for breakfast sandwiches at McD's:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html#5[/QUOTE]

Holy crap the Deluxe breakfast is horrible for you. I usually skip the eggs, but I wonder how much that really cuts. Maybe I should switch to just hotcakes and sausage. But damn those hashbrowns are so good... :drool:

[quote name='chaarlieee']Out of curiosity, do you guys have carne asada fries or california burritos in texas? I had a conversation with a marine from Texas who didn't know what the hell I was talking about, and he was Mexican.[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of carne asada fries or california burritos, but we have very few fast food mexican resturants. We do have millions of mexican resturants but by no means are they cheap or fast.

[quote name='gamefan1686']I have never heard of carne asada fries or california burritos, but we have very few fast food mexican resturants. We do have millions of mexican resturants but by no means are they cheap or fast.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wasn't talking sit down or casual Mexican restaurants like Rubio's (do you have that there?). I wasn't talking about a taco bell or anything, but it's just its own kind of fast food restaurant. I can't think of a good example right now.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Out of curiosity, do you guys have carne asada fries or california burritos in texas? I had a conversation with a marine from Texas who didn't know what the hell I was talking about, and he was Mexican.

That had me guessing that the best Mexican fast food, if not the best fast food of all time, can only be found Southern California. Seriously, some people think the best food you can get in San Diego is the fish tacos or whatever, but the real shit's at the ghettoass taco shops you see when you're driving around here. It's better than Rally's, In-N-Out, White Castle, or whatever fast food you can name.

I hope some locals can help me out here on this one.[/quote]

I live in Houston, and by "california burritos", do you mean stuff like what Freebirds or Chipotle has? Also, there's lots of ghetto taco places here, taquerias and tacostands. It's generally fast, and you get massive burritos, tortas, and greasy as hell tacos from them.

Wubb, I can't believe you've never heard of a kolache! Wikipedia says it's popular in Texas, never knew that. Makes me wonder if it's really a texan thing. Haha, you guys are missing out! :)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']EXCELLENT, the steak egg and cheese bagel isn't listed, FREE CALORIES![/QUOTE]

I'll have 20 then! :D

I usually try and stay away from all types of fast food but I still find myself occasionally getting lured in by breakfast sandwhiches. My sandwhich of choice has to be the Sausage and Egg McGriddle. It's so damn unhealthy but so so so tasy!

[quote name='Supercake']I live in Houston, and by "california burritos", do you mean stuff like what Freebirds or Chipotle has? Also, there's lots of ghetto taco places here, taquerias and tacostands. It's generally fast, and you get massive burritos, tortas, and greasy as hell tacos from them.

Wubb, I can't believe you've never heard of a kolache! Wikipedia says it's popular in Texas, never knew that. Makes me wonder if it's really a texan thing. Haha, you guys are missing out! :)[/quote] A california burrito is carne asada steak, french fries (thin like McDonalds fries), and cheese wrapped in the tortilla. I usually add sour cream and guacamole if it's not included. If you have carne asada burritos (just carne asada meat and guacamole) there in Texas, they're similar except they don't have the fries, cheese, and sour cream.

But yeah, those are the taco shops I'm talking about. They're usually packed late at night or morning after people leave the clubs or parties.

It's noted in wikipedia in burritos and under "Variations" and "United "States" and here's a forum they talk about it and also a picture of carne asada fries:

http://www.jatbar.com/jatboard/thread.asp?thread=262

T520051125154320903.jpg

Unhealthy as fuck, but who cares when it tastes soo good.

chaarlieee that looks like it would be awsome. The problem we have is you either eat at taco bell or taco cabana or a sit down resturant nothing in between. From that pic it looks like its not fast food but not a fancy resturant.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Sausage mcMuffin with egg.. I used to get them free a few years back. I gained 15 pounds that semester.[/quote]

We had a lady that just got fired but for the last year she would bring 1 of these for everyone in our department every Wednesday. I sure do miss her.

[quote name='The Shiznit']We had a lady that just got fired but for the last year she would bring 1 of these for everyone in our department every Wednesday. I sure do miss her.[/QUOTE]
Great to have hook-ups..

That semester when we got all that free mcdonalds, I had a friend who knew this guy only from playing some basketball. Turns out this guy worked at mcdonalds and he randomly just gave my friend food when he came in, and then he started hooking up a bunch of us. Every day after class, we'd just cruise over to McDonalds and order $20 worth of food for just dollar. Usually it'd be 40 pieces of mcnuggets, some large fries, some double cheeseburgers, and some mcchicken sandwiches.

Good times.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i go for the creamcheese, lettuce, onions, tomatos, and lox on a bagel.[/QUOTE]

what the hell is lox? Am I missing something here?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']what the hell is lox? Am I missing something here?[/quote]

Lox is smoked salmon fillet that has been cured and then often cold-smoked.

[quote name='The Shiznit']We had a lady that just got fired but for the last year she would bring 1 of these for everyone in our department every Wednesday. I sure do miss her.[/QUOTE]

Why the hell would you fire that person, ever???

[quote name='jaykrue']Lox is smoked salmon fillet that has been cured and then often cold-smoked.[/QUOTE]

couldnt have said it better myself

bread's done
Back