Breaking Bad Season One Bluray $14 Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks OP, have heard good things about this series and am thinking about picking this up for at least two family members, maybe myself too.

With that in mind, what's the sex/violence content of this show like? Is it similar to a typical network TV crime show, or is it more like a "pushing the envelope" fellow cable show like The Shield? I try not to read too much about stuff I might watch later for fear of getting spoiled, all I know is the show is supposed to be great... but I don't want to get any gifts that are going to offend anyone, i.e. too racy/gory etc.

They do swear here and there, words like shit and f**k. Not much in terms of sex going on in the show. There is quite a bit of violence too, mostly gang shootings. And of course, a lot of drug use.

Is it too racy or too offensive? I can't tell you that since everyone has their own levels of tolerance towards these things. I don't think its too much at all, but others might.

They show this on AMC, so it doesn't have any use of the F word IIRC. Maybe once or twice, but it was edited on tv. Not sure about the discs, I have the first two on BR but haven't watched them since I've already seen S1&2 on tv.

Anywho, it's not that bad of a show, really. It's the best show on TV as far as I'm concerned, imo.

[quote name='CENNY']Thanks OP, have heard good things about this series and am thinking about picking this up for at least two family members, maybe myself too.

With that in mind, what's the sex/violence content of this show like? Is it similar to a typical network TV crime show, or is it more like a "pushing the envelope" fellow cable show like The Shield? I try not to read too much about stuff I might watch later for fear of getting spoiled, all I know is the show is supposed to be great... but I don't want to get any gifts that are going to offend anyone, i.e. too racy/gory etc.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a network show at all.

The second episode opens with a sex scene and you can see Hal's ass. There are shootings, there is violence and blood, more so in the second episode I think, maybe it was the third. It was so bad I would call it gory. This pushes it more than I think The Shield did. There are only 7 episodes so I think anything more than $10 for the DVD is too much.

I bought the DVD for $10 at Target on Thursday while looking for "Parenthood", which they were sold out of.

This is worth it for Season one. Sure it's a little slow, but man does it set the oncoming pace for the rest of the season.

Actually, In for one!

Wow, they are really pushing hard for these Active 2(s)! Game isn't even 2 months old. Too bad its supposed to suck for Kinect. Whats weird is that there are probably a ton of copies of part one for the Wii still out there, those boxes should be a DotD for like $19.99..

I just watched Season 1 of Breaking Bad for the first time - what a great show. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone even remotely interested. I bet it is even better uncensored. AMC just mutes when the characters swear...

yeah, I'm definitely buying it if the price drops again. Unfortunately there's only 7 episodes that are under 45 minutes, so you are probably better off renting at the current price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the set and just finished it, its a great show and I definitely need to buy season 2 now. However there is no way I buy it for more then $15 since the whole set can be watched in about 5 hours.

[quote name='zman73']Season two is 13 episodes I believe... only season one is 7 episodes[/QUOTE]

Most shows nowadays are always shorter because it's a pilot season, so they tend to be shorter to test the waters.

Of course somebody should have told Fox that when they decided to do 13 episodes of Sons of Tucson.

[quote name='iceman88']Bought the set and just finished it, its a great show and I definitely need to buy season 2 now. However there is no way I buy it for more then $15 since the whole set can be watched in about 5 hours.[/QUOTE]

Season 1 is probably a little over 5 hours, Season 2 is probably 10....
even then, you probably spend more than $15 on a 2 hour movie. These sets are definitely worth it. I just started on Season 3, and this is easily the best show that I have ever seen.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Season 1 is probably a little over 5 hours, Season 2 is probably 10....
even then, you probably spend more than $15 on a 2 hour movie. These sets are definitely worth it. I just started on Season 3, and this is easily the best show that I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I worded it weirdly but I meant I wouldn't spend more then 15 on season 1. I understand the other seasons have a normal amount of episodes and would be willing to spend more on them.

[quote name='Squarehard']Most shows nowadays are always shorter because it's a pilot season, so they tend to be shorter to test the waters.

Of course somebody should have told Fox that when they decided to do 13 episodes of Sons of Tucson.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I know... Especially on AMC. Walking Dead was only 6 this year...

[quote name='zman73']Yeah... I know... Especially on AMC. Walking Dead was only 6 this year...[/QUOTE]

It drives me nuts when "seasons" are that short but thankfully Season 2 of The Walking Dead is going to be 13 episodes. It's supposed to come back in October so I hope they don't split it up over the holidays.

I had forgotten season one was so short. It's been a while since I've seen it. It's gonna be hard waiting until the summer for season four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back