Breaking: XBOX Live hacked?

[quote name='AtarisBSBH98']I'd be careful everyone. My account just got hacked this week and the people bought $85 worth of microsoft points and spent them all in a day. I'd change your passwords immediately.[/QUOTE]

Other than pranking you by making your avatar buy and wear $85 of My Little Pony gear, what would the point of that be? They can't buy the points for themselves, can they?

As long as you don't have a CC tied to your live account, how could they buy $85 worth of stuff?

With the multitude of discounts often available on Live subscriptions and MS points, who keeps the CC in MS records?

EDIT: OH fuck they have My Little Pony avatar gear? Better check that out :cool:

[quote name='Goodeye']Well according to Sky News in the UK, Scotland Yard and the FBI believe they have caught the mastermind of lulzsec and wouldn't ya know it's a 19 year old script kiddy. http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201009116016027

I hope the UK throws the book at him and are able to catch anyone else that was working with this kid.[/QUOTE]

I doubt this was the person from Lulz as thier Twitter page is still active

Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?

Just saw the pastebin of the UK census hack. That wasn't us - don't believe fake LulzSec releases unless we put out a tweet first.

Lulzsec wasn't arrested. It was a member of Anonymous, charged with playing a part in the Sony hacks.

If it wasn't obvious enough already, the breaking story about Xbox Live being hacked was a full on misrepresentation of facts. The information provided was from a number of other sources, not Xbox LIVE.

[quote name='GuardianE']Lulzsec wasn't arrested. It was a member of Anonymous, charged with playing a part in the Sony hacks.

If it wasn't obvious enough already, the breaking story about Xbox Live being hacked was a full on misrepresentation of facts. The information provided was from a number of other sources, not Xbox LIVE.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect , Television Rules The Nation , & The Nation Believes Everything The TV Says

bread's done
Back