Breed - $4.99 (Gamestop.com)

Use coupon code CAGPC and purchase any in-stock PC game valued at $9.99 or more and get any in-stock PC game valued at $9.99 or less absolutely free

Expires tonight!

Poor Breed. I feel so sorry for the developers. The version shipped to press wasn't the finished version, thus leading to horrible reviews.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/breed/news_6094509.html

RUMOR #4: The version of BREED CDV shipped to stores was not the same version submitted by Brat Designs.

Source: An expansive and vitriolic post on the official BREED forums.

The official story: No comment.

What we heard: Once billed as a potential Halo rival, BREED has received almost universally dismal reviews since it was released last week. According to the GameSpot review, the main sticking points with the game are its "flimsy writing, atrocious voice acting, generic enemies and settings." However, one of the game's animators is reportedly claiming that the game's problems are not the fault of the developer. In a series of posts on the CDV forums, someone claiming to be Brat Designs' Billy "Bli" Allison stated, "We (Brat) finished BREED, but the released version wasn't the one we had finished." The person then leveled a series of charges against CDV, claiming the publisher rewrote and rerecorded the dialogue, "'brightened' up" subtle lighting, ruined textures, changed level scripts, and shipped a build of the game several generations behind the one submitted by Brat. The poster even claimed that CDV is holding back a patch submitted by Brat "several weeks ago" that fixed many of the game's technical issues. When confronted with the laundry list of allegations, CDV's American reps forwarded GameSpot's requests for comment to the publisher's German headquarters--who never responded. Attempts to contact UK-based Brat were also unsuccessful.

Bogus or not bogus?: In this case, the silence was deafening--and damning. Not bogus.

edit -- meant "finished" instead of "full"

Breed is the gaming equivalent of eating an abortion. It's not very good and people will wonder what the hell is wrong with you.

The game is OK, not great. I've only played it a little but I think it's better than quite a few shooters (Unreal 2, Star Trek Elite Force 2, Mace Griffin).

[quote name='Drakken']Oh, man....why the heck would a publisher do that? Do they WANT to get bad reviews & bad sales? :([/quote]

See, it's like this. The money people always thinks being the money people makes them instant experts on any subject. Like what makes a game good.

I picked up Breed for a few dollars from EB, but I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet. What happened to Breed was really too bad, as I was really looking forward to it.

I'm apparantkly the only one who has gotten pretty far in Brred, so I'll speak...

It's pretty good, esp. for the price. It's like Halo, but you lead a squad of (Identical looking :roll: ) mates,and you accomplish missions, (Which almost seem pointless because you hafta fight an army of aliens who have taken over Earth, yet you're doing dumb things like blow up tanks :roll: (not in the real game, just an example))

Nevertheless, it doesn't take away from it being a fun, I got it for this price at EBGames, and if you like shooters, don't pass it up.

BTW, unless you REALLY want to be annoyed, I suggest you switch to your sniper (At all times), and take out the gunners from far away...

You know what, the Halo-wannabe characters that are shown in the pic of the review look NOTHING like the characters in the final game......................

The final game characters are wierd looking and green. Those guys are blue :shock:

[quote name='Drakken']Oh, man....why the heck would a publisher do that? [/quote]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bread's done
Back