Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2008

Don't vote for Toys R Us. Those douchebags weren't honoring the $109 Rockband 2 sale by the Tuesday of that week. Where's the category for Bait & Switch of the Year? That's what they deserve to win.

The best B&M deal of the year (technically the beginning of this year...) was the Meijer B2G1 free with the 15% stacked on each game. Plus Meijer has a tendency to mislabel games. Picked up Dead Space for $29.76, Far Cry 2 for $25.49 (was the free one), Left 4 Dead for $51, and the Orange Box for $8.50. Total: $95

i got the "Toys R Us: Rock Band 2 Band Kit $109.99 w/ Free $25 Gift Card" ...best investment that i ever made ;-)

Blockbuster deal
(I'm still kicking myself for not picking up two copies of GTA:IV for $15 - I didn't do it because I already owned the PS3 verison, but now that the 360 expansion is out, I'm wishing I would have just went for it) :(

Bah, again no love for Game Crazy! Best sale? The ones where I got Ace Combat 6 & Crackdown for $15 for both, Rainbow Vegas 2 & Assasins Creed for $10. Darkness & Lost Planet for $5. TNT Impact & Two Worlds for $10.

I bought all my xmas gift games from blockbuster using that deal. I flipped all the GTAIV's I could buy reserved paid off my SFIV and Killzone2 Preorders with them

Too bad it's not on the list, cuz I stocked up when Target had a bunch of $39 games after Christmas.

Toys R Us wins this one for me... while the Rock Band deal is undeniably better, I already had Rock Band so I picked the B2G1 deal.

I'm going with BlockBuster. I have and will never buy a copy of Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Those games are for casual gamers IMO and I would much rather play a real instrument, which I do.

bread's done
Back