Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2008

Target's BF 360 Pro Holiday Bundle for $300 + $60 GC (maybe not the greatest of all time, but one I used).

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']The target $5 coupon and the $10 off 360 coupons. I still miss them as they were great while they lasted[/quote]

Target $10 off 360 coupon - gotta go with this one. Let me build some solid credit for flipping... wasted too much time checking clearance games at Target and subsequent flipping last year :bomb:

Toys R Us Rock Band 2 $109.99 - runner up, got it priced matched at Game Crazy (no gift card) on Thursday of that week, 5 days after the ad was out.

BlockBuster B1G1 under $14.99 - 2nd runner up, lots of good trade fodder and I actually found a game or two I wanted to keep.

Some great deals (mistakes) this year!

Last edited by a moderator:
target clearance cause it is the most crazy unpredictable dealz ever. I just recently scored saints row 2 for 17.00 and last remnant for 4.88 as well as several others for 4.88
they just dont make sense

I got some amazing trade in deals during November at EB Games. They had a trade 2 games (valued at $11 or higher) and get any new November release for $9.99
I ended up getting:

Gears of War 2 for $10
Left 4 Dead at $5 (i got an extra $5 back because I pre-ordered 2 days before its release)
and Resistance 2 for $40 (only had 1 more game valued at $11, so they gave me $25 credit)

HWV $3.99 sale. It was the most fun too. I traveled to over 10 different stores in 2 states. I made more savings than Rockband 2 would have been.

5+10 dollar coupons at Target. I got PAID to take College Hoops 2K8 from them not to mention also taking Monster Madness, CoD:2, and others just because I had the coupons. Also loaded up on 1600 points cards for $5!

I nominate the Radio Shack clearance of late 2008, mainly for the quality of the titles: MGS4, Ratchet & Clank Future, Soul Calibur IV all for $19.99 brand new.

This is a tough choice, but I'll have to say Rock Band 2 set over the B1G1 at blockbuster.

The $109 price was great by itself, including a $25 giftcard as well is unheard of.
At blockbuster, I picked up quite a few 2008 titles for cheap like Bully and No More Heroes for the Wii and plenty of cags got in on gta4. Both great deals, in my book.

edit: almost forgot about Soul Bubbles for $10 + $10 tru giftcard

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say Gears of War 2 + 1600 gift card at circuit city but TRU Rock Band 2 SE $109.99 with $25 Gift Card is amazing (even if I missed that one).

[quote name='ObiBen']Target $10 off 360 coupon. Got a couple points cards and COD2 at good prices![/quote]

Me to, got some good deals on this, PGR 4, Virtua Tennis 3 and Monster Madness for $5 each.

bread's done
Back