Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CheapyD']Nominations are now open for Brick & Mortar Deal of the Year (2005).
This award goes to the single best specific online deal or sale of 2005.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you meant to put offline there.

[quote name='csidegamer']Toys R Us December Clearance[/QUOTE]

Seconded, Thirded, and Twenty-eighthed. :lol::applause:

Course, 4th would be the original TRU Green Tag sale (50 percent off)

EB's trade 2 get an extra $10 trade-in deal back at the beginning of the year. Traded some TRU GT games and got enough to cover both MVP Baseball 2005 and GT4 preorders which came in on the same day!

I guess the TRU Green Tag sale would be included as well, since I'd never be able to take advantage of the trade-in deal without it. I know a few CAG's funded PSP purchases with these two deals.

[quote name='CheapyD']Nominations are now open for Brick & Mortar Deal of the Year (2005).
This award goes to the single best specific B&M (physical store) deal or sale of 2005.

Please post your nominations.
If your nominee is already listed below, please do not post it again.

Nominees:
Toys R Us December Clearance
[/QUOTE]

anyway, now that that's got to be clear... I'm gonna have to say those $5 coupons for the ps2/psp, I got several free games at Best Buy with those, and you really can't beat free

Blockbuster Trade in 3 games* and get any used game for $5

* i was able to trade in old sports games at my BBs, even though they were supposed to be excluded... and the games I traded in counted as store credit too!

EBGames trade in five or more games, get $5 extra trade-in credit each. Traded in 20 old games, got an extra hundred bucks straight off.

Best Buy Clearance sale earlier in the year...Although I'm still on back order for MGS: Twin Snakes and Silent Hill 3 for XBOX. Yes, I will not let it go!!!

I would have to nominate:

The KB Toys Clearance with $1, $3, $5, and $10 games for DS, PSP, PS2, GBA, XBOX

One of the few good deals I was able to participate in.

TRU clearance. Best Buy coupon is YMMV (even if most people seemed to be able to get it to work) so it doesn't seem as solid to me.

$10 of $29.99 coupons from BestBuy. I've saved over $100 using these and got NEW games. Not some cheap $10 game that I will only play once.

Edit: I would also like to add the $100 DS from Target.

[quote name='cdeener']I would have to nominate:

The KB Toys Clearance with $1, $3, $5, and $10 games for DS, PSP, PS2, GBA, XBOX

One of the few good deals I was able to participate in.[/QUOTE]

Seconded, I some rare games such as Tactics Ogre, Duke Nukem, BoFI & II for GBA, Dragon Warrior 3, both Zelda Oracle games, etc. etc.

EB's trade in a PS2 and 5 games and get a PStwo. I got a working PStwo so I could finally play Ico and all I did was trade some crap for it ($3 Rogue Ops!)...

#1 Blockbuster Trade 3, get a preowned for $5
I basically made about $2000 profit (cash, not credit) buy buying
and selling games during this promotion. It also got me into
playing and enjoying a large number of games.

#2 TRU December Clearance
I got a ton of games for myself here, and others for friends.
Roughly 50 games were purchased which translated into
$1200 credit at various stores, 10 games for myself, and many
more for holiday gifts.

#3 BestBuy $10 off coupon
I have so far purchased with this all my XBOX360 accessories:
3*wireless controllers
XBOX Live 1YR
VGA Video Cable
NBA 2k6
PGR3
DOA4
COD2
GTA Trilogy * 2
King Kong * 2

$130 Saved, plus gave out at least that many coupons in store.

Gamerush $29.99 preorder (couple with couple of high value trade in)

and $10 off $29.99 Bestbuy ... was able to get many DS games for cheap.... without too much work

TRU was okay... already have most of the games that i was interested in....

[quote name='Kuma']the 10 dollar Best Buy coupons[/QUOTE]

other then TRU sale i agree with that being the best deal...saved so much money with those

EB's Zelda pre-order. Trade in five games, get a free pre-order. I unloaded maybe what was worth $15 of crap for my copy.

[quote name='Over easy']$10 off $30 coupons from BB.[/QUOTE]

This is the only one that's important... I got ALOT of high quality games very very cheap, espically when they were on sale.

I can think of a bunch.

$10 TRU Clearance
$10 Best Buy coupons.
Monthly K-Mart Clearances.
$10 Circuit City PC Clearance (Not the same as the video game clearance in July.)
$10 KB Toys Clearance.
EB Games Holiday Sales. (Pre-Merger)
Sears $10 GBA/DS Game Clearance.

I'll add more as they come to me.

1.) trade 3 non-POX games for a PSP game at EB
2.) trade in 3 games, get any used game for $5 at Blockbuster

both of these deals financed my gaming addiction in 2005 and oh how i miss them

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back