Bring Back Foreplay

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
It was good. I like shipwreck talking about obscure releases. I find out about games that i never would hear about. I know shipwreck has moved up to the big leagues now, but i'd love it if they brought back Cag Foreplay.

The new releases segment in the CAGCast is enough. Less women talking about games is better too. Bloody strumpets need to stick with cookin and sewin and raising the chillins.

Let's face it: now that Shipwreck is a regular in the CAGcast, all we really miss is the voice of Mrs. Shipwreck. That said, a new episode with the wives of the main cast would be really really fun to listen to. Maybe for episode 200, 201 :p ?

We were promised a new CAGForeplay. I can't remember 100%, but I'm pretty sure it's because of money raised for Child's Play.

A podcast featuring the wives of Shipwreck, Wombat, and Cheapy would be really cool. Can't be episode #200 though, because that's a 'clip-show'. Very similar to Joystiq Episode Zero.

Well, w/o Foreplay, I'd like to see a new second CAG podcast. I know there's a few CAGs who do their own podcasts, myself included. Maybe a contest?

[quote name='Hbomb5']Well, w/o Foreplay, I'd like to see a new second CAG podcast. I know there's a few CAGs who do their own podcasts, myself included. Maybe a contest?[/QUOTE]

Hey if you can be as good as the CAGcast, Giantbomb or RebelFM i'd listen ;)

I personally wasn't a fan of the shipwrecks... just wasn't that interesting to me.

I also wish Foreplay was still going, really though, I don't think we need a podcast with all the CAGcast wives, just Mrs. Ship. She should make appearances from time to time on the CAGcast.

I also like the idea of having a second CAG podcast. It should either be a UK podcast from Super Programmer John (like talked about in previous CAGcast's)

or Hbomb5's idea of CAG user podcast. I co-host a podcast and I would be willing to join a CAG user podcast.

Actually I really miss Foreplay itself - I loved the interaction of Mr. and Mrs. Ship. It was very different from the chemistry between Wombat and Cheapy, which made it a welcome complement. Having Ship on the Cagcast is far better than not having him at all, but it's not nearly half as good as having him on Foreplay.

There was an episode with Mrs. Cheapy/Wombat, it was fun so I wouldn't mind having another one with Mrs. Shipwreck as well.

Foreplay was really hit or miss, sometimes it was hard making it through an episode and not necessarily because it was a slow release week. But I did enjoy it the podcast even if not all the episodes were great and we were indeed promised a "final" episode if we reached the Child's Play amount which we even surpassed.

I don't think the show will ever come back fully though, I don't think Mrs. Shipwreck would do it since it was a lot of work even if she enjoyed it which she mentioned during the Child's Play stream. But I wouldn't mind having her as a guest in the podcast every once in while in the CAGcast.

CAG doesn't need a second podcast to replace forecast though, its not a podcast network to have a ton of podcasts.

bread's done
Back