Brink $24 PS3/$29 X360 w/FS @ Amazon

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Wow, the price tanked really quick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the game is a piece of shit.

This game is not nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

Would have been a perfect $20-$30 steam or XBLA title.

Sadly the high MSRP shit on its sales, and the console versions have essentially 0 people playing.

No reason at all to buy this at this point, honestly, which is a shame since it had potential.

[quote name='fujimitsu']This game is not nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

Would have been a perfect $20-$30 steam or XBLA title.

Sadly the high MSRP shit on its sales, and the console versions have essentially 0 people playing.

No reason at all to buy this at this point, honestly, which is a shame since it had potential.[/QUOTE]

And do you know WHY know one plays it? It's because when they shipped this game, the online was completely broke. I paid $60 for it at launch, and couldn't even play the game with real people. I returned it as defective. Even if they fixed it, they don't deserve people to pay for it because they expected people to pay $60 for a broken game.

I liked it, except for the fact that NO ONE is online playing. Probably more people playing Unreal Tournament III than this game...too bad, it's actually fun, albeit a little repetitious. I'm probably not tainted like those who bought it at release, as the copies I've played were all positive flips..

[quote name='Velo214']I got it for free. bought 4 copies of $20 @ amazon, played it, platted it, just got the 100% on the dlc yesterday and traded them in. It was not good, even as a free rental. It was mediocre, but I found a way to farm 60,000 xp in an hour without even sitting there.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/brink/119159-massive-xp-method.html

yow, although you will hit level 15ish just getting all the audio logs anyway.[/QUOTE]

thread derail: I see you're working on De Blob 2 platinum. Good luck with that :lol: , normally i love collectibles but this game does them so wrong -_-.

oh and def if this was $15 or even $10 on psn/xblaw it would be a "better" game and i would own it. but disks should try to be better, especially for 20 even.

People read a review and say it is shit, even if they have never played it. The game was pretty fun and it's really too bad that online multiplayer games are now at the point of being entirely dependent on receiving a 9 or 10 from review sites to survive. Sad stuff.

It's also $24.99 on Steam right now for PC folks.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']People read a review and say it is shit, even if they have never played it. The game was pretty fun and it's really too bad that online multiplayer games are now at the point of being entirely dependent on receiving a 9 or 10 from review sites to survive. Sad stuff.

It's also $24.99 on Steam right now for PC folks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah an unplayable game online at launch, with dumbass bots.

I will continuously defend how much a pile of shit this game is, an advise everyone to avoid this

Seriously the friendly AI has heads full of sawdust, but this game is good. There I said it. And there ARE people playing online, just not tons and tons, though in the grand scheme of things that it really all that important.

I am not sure if I would endorse a 25 dollar purchase, but if you can find it for less than 20 do not hesitate to give it a play.

[quote name='poker360']Yeah an unplayable game online at launch, with dumbass bots.[/QUOTE]

Just like BC2, MW2, Black Ops, Homefront, and many other FPS launches in recent memory. Seriously, if your only complaint is that you couldn't play it on launch, that isn't even worthy of complaining about in my opinion considering those issues were resolved.

Also, this is meant to be a multiplayer game not a single player Bethesda RPG...

I'm not sure whether or not there is much of a community left on the console versions, but if there is not then that is the only reason I would tell people to avoid this one.
It was a fun game that got killed off by idiot gaming "journalists" who didn't understand what they were playing (It's not CoD, it is a team based online multiplayer game like Quake Wars/TF2). Games like this and BF3 I wish would remain PC exclusives because it is very annoying to keep hearing console people complain about games that are not Halo/CoD/other crappy generic games.

/rant

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Just like BC2, MW2, Black Ops, Homefront, and many other FPS launches in recent memory. Seriously, if your only complaint is that you couldn't play it on launch, that isn't even worthy of complaining about in my opinion considering those issues were resolved.

Also, this is meant to be a multiplayer game not a single player Bethesda RPG...

I'm not sure whether or not there is much of a community left on the console versions, but if there is not then that is the only reason I would tell people to avoid this one.
It was a fun game that got killed off by idiot gaming "journalists" who didn't understand what they were playing (It's not CoD, it is a team based online multiplayer game like Quake Wars/TF2). Games like this and BF3 I wish would remain PC exclusives because it is very annoying to keep hearing console people complain about games that are not Halo/CoD/other crappy generic games.

/rant[/QUOTE]

I don't recall many console gamers complaining about BF. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong forums...idk

I started out on my PS3 copy today. I played through every mission in online versus mode in about five hours. I came across a grand total of two people. It sucks that nobody plays it, but it's far from a "shit" game. Nothing is really done poorly. A lot of the features are actually pretty cool. I had fun with it. The bots aren't the brightest, but I was able to beat every mission in one or two tries, so they aren't that stupid either.

It's looking good for trophy/achievement hunters too. I got over 60% already (around 70% if you exclude DLC trophies), and the rest of the trophies seem easy. I'd say it's worth at least a playthrough if you can resell it without taking a big loss on it.

$15 on xbla and this would have sold like crazy. $60 for a broken online is a fail.

When this came out the lag made it unplayable. It's been patched to be a little better.

yeah, a problem with the lack of online players is also the lack of lobby/grouping into smaller available groups. You can only choose to play with 'my rank' or 'my rank and higher'. I'm top level 24 (with dlc) guess how few people I'm playing with...

bread's done
Back