Brink $49.99 360/PS3, $42.99 PC @ Amazon

Not a better deal than the $55 with a $10 gift card and a DLC code (that sells for upwards of $35 on ebay lately)

But a nice find for those who were hesitant to pre-order. great game.

Especially with PSN down, no need to buy this game until it drops like a rock, which it will given the reviews. $49 is still about $20 too much for me to bite at this point.

i knew it. this will drop to $39 in 1 more week for Deal of the Day.

if you paid $55-60 for it you are dumb, not a CAG.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']i knew it. this will drop to $39 in 1 more week for Deal of the Day.

if you paid $55-60 for it you are dumb, not a CAG.[/QUOTE]

or maybe they're just a gamer... everyone has games they buy without giving a crap if the game is on sale. I buy a lot of games on sale but I've thrown in at near retail a few times. Anyway $55 at $20 credit isn't bad which I've seen people get. I got Brink on Steam thanks to Bethesda's retailer promotion, but it's a great game.

it seems like the trend is nearly all games drop in a week or two after release. I feel like it's been the case for the past several months.

[quote name='CaoPi']what does this game play like? looks mediocore too me[/QUOTE]

it is mediocre.... i want to love it but i was disappointed. there's so many good game design ideas: SMART, the objective wheel, etc., but it is executed poorly. I played a few rounds last night (rented it, thankfully) and right after i popped in Bad Co 2, and it's SO MUCH BETTER in every way, so it's tough to recommend it with such stiff competition from better games. Team-centric games like this have trouble succeeding on console because of the community. no one wants to play as a team. The only time this game shines is when you play with several people you know, that way you can coordinate classes, etc. If you're playing matchmaking by yourself....it sucks, no one heals, people run around trying to get kills a la COD.

I mean, if you're absolutely bored of all your shooters and have some friends to play this with, get it (emphasis on needing friends to enjoy it). There's several cool gameplay ideas that I thought were awesome, but be prepared to deal with a laggy, unpolished, unfinished game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This games price will drop like a rock is a millisecond.boy this game seems soooooo average to me from What ive seem.copies of this game will be screaming look out beloooooow as the price falls.some of the classes seem so weak while ones like engineer and medic can do much more than others,everyone seem to want to be an engineer.shows how umbalanced this game is.and from What ive heard and seen there is alot of lag,is that happening to everyone else ? I dont know Why splash damage are using p2p its so stupid for a game like this.thats What gave gears of war problems

[quote name='strait edge follower']This games price will drop like a rock is a millisecond.boy this game seems soooooo average to me from What ive seem.copies of this game will be screaming look out beloooooow as the price falls.some of the classes seem so weak while ones like engineer and medic can do much more than others,everyone seem to want to be an engineer.shows how umbalanced this game is.and from What ive heard and seen there is alot of lag,is that happening to everyone else ? I dont know Why splash damage are using p2p its so stupid for a game like this.thats What gave gears of war problems[/QUOTE]

Space bar can't be broken i see its spaced between words.

Anyway this will be $35 in another week.

[quote name='joshnorm']Space bar can't be broken i see its spaced between words.

Anyway this will be $35 in another week.[/QUOTE]

Im posting using my mobile phone. sometimes it keeps messing me up when i type.i miss my pc

if an awesome 9.5 game like portal 2 dropped to $35 after 1 week of release, then a crappy 6.0 game like brink will sink to below $30 in 1-2 weeks after launch.:applause:

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']if an awesome 9.5 game like portal 2 dropped to $35 after 1 week of release, then a crappy 6.0 game like brink will sink to below $30 in 1-2 weeks after launch.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Yea third party releases have been droping in price faster than before.Why is that ? Store price wars mabye ? come on brink price how low can you go (clap clap) how low can you go (clap clap)

[quote name='henry00x']only the tip of the iceberg for this game, it will be $35-40 in a week[/QUOTE]

Agreed. While my friends and I are aching for some new games, Brink looks mediocre at best. I can't wait for the onslaught of AAA titles this fall.

[quote name='CaseX']Agreed. While my friends and I are aching for some new games, Brink looks mediocre at best. I can't wait for the onslaught of AAA titles this fall.[/QUOTE]

Yea this fall is gonna rock. What are you guys getting this fall ? Im getting resistance 3, gears 3, uncharted 3, twisted metal, assasin creed revelations and Batman arkham city oh and the ngp might come out this fall in the u.s as well(it was confermed to be comming out in at least one terrortory this year)good thing all my games will be played off by june except for uncharted 3,gonna use my 20 dollar gears credit towards that.i have so much Amazon credit to pay this stuff off Thanks Amazon!

mediocre game? lol. the gunplay in this game > cod. you have a bit less life than in halo, so gunfights have some substance instead of hiding in a corner till you come around to die.

All of the classes are fun to play and the objectives are refreshing.

This and homefront are the sleeper hits of the year.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']
This and homefront are the sleeper hits of the year.[/QUOTE]

c7c2fe70_207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']mediocre game? lol. the gunplay in this game > cod. you have a bit less life than in halo, so gunfights have some substance instead of hiding in a corner till you come around to die.

All of the classes are fun to play and the objectives are refreshing.

This and homefront are the sleeper hits of the year.[/QUOTE]

+1 (I also enjoyed Homefront's MP, though probably not a "sleeper hit")

Co-op with friends is so fun!

I don't regret my purchase at all. The game was extremely over-hyped, but it's not a bad game. A lot of people are disappointed it didn't reach their expectations (as am I), but after spending a good 20 hours with it, it's still a refreshingly different game from what's on 360. I can't even play Halo anymore, it's so generic and repetitive.

There are a bunch of smaller details that I've (personally) never seen in other games, like in-game voices being relayed over the headset. And actual surrounding gunfire and explosions carrying over the radio when people or bots report something.

The game enforces team-play so much, that it'll be drilled into your head straight-on. Very refreshing. I doubt it'll affect the CoD kiddies, though, in the long run.

That said, unless you are really on the fence and can't afford to pick it up and potentially sell or trade it back, I'd probably recommend it.

[quote name='nervousxtian']This has $20 Bargain Bin Bomba written all over it.

I want to buy it, but I can wait for the price to plummet.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely wait. i bought it for 60 bucks. so not worth what you get out of it. campaign is just maps with bots (bad AI bots). other than that, there's not much to it, except for the multiplayer. i'd hold off. im sure this game will drop quick. i regret picking it up at 60.

who buys it for 60 bucks when you can get a deal on the preorder?

homefront is really was good, i got it for 40 with a $15 credit when amazon had that bugged sale. The multiplayer has steller customization, fun vehicles and weapons.

people were just mad at first because it had a few bugs that they fixed. the only reason i keep cod is for the zombies, which should have been a game in itself, sucks they only have a few maps.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']i knew it. this will drop to $39 in 1 more week for Deal of the Day.

exactly. i know it will drop in price by the end of May.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']who buys it for 60 bucks when you can get a deal on the preorder?

homefront is really was good, i got it for 40 with a $15 credit when amazon had that bugged sale. The multiplayer has steller customization, fun vehicles and weapons.

people were just mad at first because it had a few bugs that they fixed. the only reason i keep cod is for the zombies, which should have been a game in itself, sucks they only have a few maps.[/QUOTE]

1) Bugged sales are not something people can count on for low prices. Hence, the "bugged."
2) Homefront definitely needed to be $40 MSRP. I say just put it out at the lower price, get everyone hooked, then push out compelling DLC to help make up the difference.
3) Call of Duty Zombies needs to be its own Arcade game. A MP Arcade title. But then... how many fewer people would have bought Black Ops? Then imagine the stock tanking after Call of Duty didn't sell the bajillions? Oh, who am I kidding? It would have sold bajillions anyway!
4) I do think Activision should consider a full-on Call of Duty Zombies title. Imagine you have a WWII game akin to the Call of Duty of old, except... NOW IT HAS ZOMBIES! Hell, name it, Call of the Dead.

actually i was thinking the opposite--if your waiting for the game to drop to $39 to pick it up in about 2 weeks from release than thats pretty dumb. When you could have picked up way cheaper as a day one purchase.

as the game was $55- on Amazon day one
plus amazon cred $10
psycho pack ebay$20

even if you sold the code for $10 youd still get it for $35 the very same day it was released, instead of waiting to get the game weeks down the line for $39 or $35.

ended up paying basically $25 for this game and im pretty happy with the purchase.

^ tru dat, then make the decision if you like it or not sooner than later and then you can get a better trade-in resale value if it's not to your liking.

I'd wait if your thinking about picking this one up with PSN being down and the bad reviews this thing might turn into brutal legends.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']Not a better deal than the $55 with a $10 gift card and a DLC code (that sells for upwards of $35 on ebay lately)

But a nice find for those who were hesitant to pre-order. great game.[/QUOTE]

who's stupid enough to buy free-DLC for $35? wtf....

nevermind I just saw the gold mine on Ebay... I'm the fucking idiot for dumping all those "useless" DLC codes away...

bread's done
Back