Brink - A new kind of FPS? Out now! First DLC FREE!

[quote name='8bitArtist']guys i think i hurt serenitygods feelings

"go fuck yourself then. I told you to play nice on here and you are a little trolling bitch. I was nice before now you can have sodomy with satan you ass-face"[/QUOTE]
I got a PM from him too.:lol: Something about how I wasn't on their ignore list, but I was going on there now.

I actually encourage people(via my sig) to put me on ignore anymore if they don't like what I'm saying as opposed to running to hit the report button on me like enough have done that I'm on triple secret CAG probation for the past couple of months at least.:roll:

I just want everyone to hide their horsefaces with masks (also look B/A), not to blend in the environment.

And man, this is 100% a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory spiritual successor (I still play that game :p) - not surprising since it's the same devs, but I facepaw when people talk about Borderlands and Team Fortress 2 before talking about Wolfenstein.

[quote name='8bitArtist']guys i think i hurt serenitygods feelings

"go fuck yourself then. I told you to play nice on here and you are a little trolling bitch. I was nice before now you can have sodomy with satan you ass-face"[/QUOTE]

Yea I called the kid a turdburglar for whining about getting an xbox and he went out of his way to send me a pm cussing and saying I was ignored. I never knew someone to get that butt hurt over calling them a turdburglar.

turdburglar is a serious offense! shame on you bryan. lol.

necro, the devs basically said this is ET3. so no surprise. i have no idea where dudes get borderlands comparisons from.

The psn needs to come back up and 8bitArtist needs his new game so I can hear him blurt random cuss words and he can be nicer on these boards Lol..

Does anyone know if Brink will have co-op LAN support? Kind of an issue now with PSN being down for as long as it has been.

I thought about preordering this through Amazon so I could get the $10 discount and bonus stuff, but it doesn't look like PSN will be back up by Tuesday so I don't see the point. I'm just pissed off about the whole thing. Even once they bring it back up, I'm willing to bet it'll be another month before online multiplayer games work decently.

So, knowing all that, part of me wants to wait until some retailer offers the game for $40 a couple months down the road.

[quote name='tcatsninfan']Even once they bring it back up, I'm willing to bet it'll be another month before online multiplayer games work decently.[/QUOTE]

When it comes up, it should be the same as ever in terms of online play. They aren't going to bring it up if it isn't ready.

I will cancel my preorder if it isn't back up soon. No point in paying full price if you can't play (and this is almost exclusively an MP game)

[quote name='Saint Noir']When it comes up, it should be the same as ever in terms of online play. They aren't going to bring it up if it isn't ready.

I will cancel my preorder if it isn't back up soon. No point in paying full price if you can't play (and this is almost exclusively an MP game)[/QUOTE]

The single player and multiple player both count towards rank and unlocks right? If it works like that in offline mode u can go ahead and be unlocking stuff if it is not up soon enough.

From what I understand you can play it by yourself it isn't as fun but it is possible. My biggest question is how good the CPU AI is atleast team wise. I really want this game forgot I have a LA Noire payed off so I will probably be switching it for this.

I hear the CPU teammates are actually really team oriented and much more likely to buff you than a real person. So, it may be nice to have a CPU on your team at all times. :lol:

I read/heard (could have been from here) a story about how a guy was up in a crow's nest and was about to run out of ammo and a CPU went all the way up to him to resupply him.

Check this out:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/85980/rumor-psn-hackers-planning-another-attack-this-weekend/

I wish I weren't a PS3 owner so that I could just sit back and watch all this unfold. I mean, can you imagine how much revenue Sony will lose if there is yet another huge attack and the service relaunch takes another month or something? It'd be unreal.

I've never liked the 360. It's not the fact that Xbox Live costs money; it's the fact that there are ads everywhere, the UI is clunky, and--up until just recently--the systems were extremely unreliable.

The sad part is that this could've happened to the Xbox. I have no doubt that these hackers can do whatever they want, whether it be to Sony, Microsoft, etc.

So, yeah, it sucks that I'm stuck right in the middle of all this. And I don't have enough money to trade in all my games and PS3 system and pay the difference to get a 360. Even if I did, I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Saint Noir said:
I hear the CPU teammates are actually really team oriented and much more likely to buff you than a real person. So, it may be nice to have a CPU on your team at all times. :lol:

I'm going to find it odd saying "buff me" in a FPS game. :???:

bjstucker said:
here comes another turdburglar whining about wanting to get rid of their PS for an Xbox in the brink thread.

Fix'd :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supplice']I'm going to find it odd saying "buff me" in a FPS game, even if I'm rolling with my crew.[/QUOTE]

Just call out what buff you need... ammo, health etc... :lol:

I'm not going to go on and on about selling my PS3, and I'm not going to send PM's to people who say I'm whiny. I just can't decide what to do about getting Brink.

[quote name='tcatsninfan']I'm not going to go on and on about selling my PS3, and I'm not going to send PM's to people who say I'm whiny. I just can't decide what to do about getting Brink.[/QUOTE]

Shakes your hand welcome to adulthood and the thread :cool:

Personally If what saint says is right I might check out a couple rounds of SP before I head to MP regardless to get a feel for some of the maps without getting "camped"/"spawn killed" and have people I know who will genuinely look after me.

i wouldnt buff some dude in a crows nest cuz that means he isnt being a team player and just trying to pick people off without getting into the action. ha

I tend to either play shooters like a kamikaze(running at enemies with grenades primed suicide bomber style:lol:) or a sniper anymore. Unfortunately the better players can pick you off in either instance without much of a hassle and some players are just :shock:. To those folks, I definitely have to say STOP PLAYING THE GAME 24/7.:roll:

hmmmmm y'all know i've been hyped about this but with this recent outtage it's got me thinking maybe i should just get an xbox and get it for that.....
I've wanted an xbox since I played Halo: Reach and with PSN being butt cheeks it seems like a good enough reason as any.........

[quote name='8bitArtist']i wouldnt buff some dude in a crows nest cuz that means he isnt being a team player and just trying to pick people off without getting into the action. ha[/QUOTE]

Those darn wookies man... the wookies!

[quote name='Ashtaar']hmmmmm y'all know i've been hyped about this but with this recent outtage it's got me thinking maybe i should just get an xbox and get it for that.....
I've wanted an xbox since I played Halo: Reach and with PSN being butt cheeks it seems like a good enough reason as any.........[/QUOTE]

What the hell is it about this thread that says "Hey dude I am a TB; who thinks this thread is about getting rid of my Xbox" seriously the PSN outtage thread is one thread down usually go there and whine about getting an xbox.

I have been a huge fan of this game since I first heard about it and actually got a few people excited for this release on the PS3.

However, as the release date looms closer, I may end up purchasing this for PC. I have a nice gaming PC I recently upgraded for Rift and would like to get some use out of it.

My roots are in playing CS 1.6, so I will always be partial to PC shooters. Direct2Drive has a pretty nice deal on it right now. If the servers aren't back soon, I may have to jump ship to PC =/

Since the saga continues (Wu Tang, Wu Tang), I'm afraid it will hurt the sales of Brink (and probably has other titles as well). Bleh!

I understand the campaign is the MP and it can be played offline. However, the game is marketed to be played with others. Sure, you can play it by yourself, but getting the most out of the game will be playing online. Reminds me of the way Borderlands was meant to be played. Anyway, I'll cancel my order as well if PSN isn't back up on the 9th.

Saint Noir said:
I will cancel my preorder if it isn't back up soon. No point in paying full price if you can't play (and this is almost exclusively an MP game)

NamPaehc said:
The single player and multiple player both count towards rank and unlocks right? If it works like that in offline mode u can go ahead and be unlocking stuff if it is not up soon enough.

yeah, its MP is SP just with all real people. im still getting it day 1. if you really wanted to, you can plat the game entirely offline or entirely online. so having psn doesnt matter. still gonna be fun playing the game. plus i really need something to play. hahahaha.

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']Would anyone be willing to trade their fallout pre-order bonus (Best Buy I think) for my Doom (GS) one when psn returns?[/QUOTE]
GTFO this is the brink thread not a swap meet.

Was thinking of holding off, but Amazon already shipped mine... so here it comes. :lol:

Normally don't ship games for next day until midnight... not today.

your SP guy carries over to MP. so i feel as though there really isnt much of a loss. when psn finally comes back up, my guys will be beastin' it.

[quote name='8bitArtist']your SP guy carries over to MP. so i feel as though there really isnt much of a loss. when psn finally comes back up, my guys will be beastin' it.[/QUOTE]

I'm just wondering if people are not going to play because the PSN is down, thinking that they want to experience the story with friends.

NamPaehc said:
I'm just wondering if people are not going to play because the PSN is down, thinking that they want to experience the story with friends.
I canceled my copy, but not for the story...need competitive MP.

Stream was laggy. :???:

[quote name='NamPaehc']I'm just wondering if people are not going to play because the PSN is down, thinking that they want to experience the story with friends.[/QUOTE]

ill experience the story with my friends a second time. i dont see the big deal. plus im one of the few WITHOUT a massive backlog, so i need something to play and rather plunk $60 down on this rather than motorstorm apocalypse.

I've read a fair amount of positive ones as well. Also, console reviews are obviously 360 and there is a patch coming today that is supposed to fix a ton of stuff... so, the game people play may not be the game that was reviewed (in a sense).

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-brink/713695?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.destructoid.com/review-brink-200746.phtml

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-10-brink-review?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/review/34910/brink/

:whistle2:| I think some reviews *cough Joystiq cough* were a bit harsh on the poor game but I guess I just had high hopes and thought it would be a game changer..... well I guess we'll see but personally I'm going to hold off a bit

man, every review is talking about the terrible AI. maybe i will just wait till i can play with real people now.

i remember the devs bragging about how you wouldnt even be able to tell who is a bot and who is a human. :/

i cant see them being that afraid. granted there would be some fan overlap, but its not like it was going up against another big named shooter. ill check metacritic in the morning and decide whether or not im going to pick this up day 1 or wait till psn gets back online.

[quote name='Ashtaar']what I don't understand is why release the game early if you knew it needed a major patch.... are they that afraid of LA Noire?[/QUOTE]

I think almost every game company is gun shy going up against Rockstar after RDR destroyed every other game in its path. Literally demolished.

Sigh I wish they would have held off on this. Sad to say but everything published by Bethesda recently atleast has been a glitch fest. I wish I couldn't have seen it coming (much like I told Eight the other day) Like most will wait maybe we will all get lucky and it will bomb so we can all pick it up for 20$ by the time PSN is back up.

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know. If you reserved the game at GameStop, don't expect to be getting the code with the game. I picked mine up at a Midnight Release and the code did not pop up, instead it says something about that because PSN is down, they aren't able to provide the codes.

bread's done
Back