Brink for $43 at Amazon

This will be $30 or less easily by mid-summer, if not sooner. I'm waiting for around $15 before I give that game a go again. They need to fix serious lag issues.

I got this from gohastings last night w/ a coupon code for $34.99 including shipping. I would post the coupon code, but it was only good yesterday so there is no point. I think it's a $40 buy since the developers are apparently going to be awesome about updating the game and putting out a fair amount of DLC.

This is still a decent price, IMO.

[quote name='G-Nitro']This will be $30 or less easily by mid-summer, if not sooner. I'm waiting for around $15 before I give that game a go again. They need to fix serious lag issues.[/QUOTE]

^ This, and by the time it drops in price, the online community may have abandoned it. I know several people on my friends list who bought it at release (for both PS3 and 360) and are already shelving it for older titles (especially BFBC2). I think PSN being down did hurt it a bit for the Sony userbase but in general there was quite a bit of anticipation for this game and it seems like it has been a relative disappointment.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I'm waiting for around $15 before I give that game a go again. They need to fix serious lag issues.[/QUOTE]

they fixed that-it used to be that at least half of the games you joined would lag-now it barely happens.

games cool and i enjoyed it for a bit-played it everyday since release-but now im like meh-so im selling it already on ebay

I think i would had a lot of fun if i had friends who owned it as well, so we could have coordinated some nice attacks, and defense. If this was the case I probably would have kept it.

$43 might still be too much-but for about $30-$35 and if your friends have it-it would be a nice purchase.

IMO you are better off buying it now, playing
for a few weeks and then selling it.

In a month the online will be dead and then this game will suck.

This game has been a disaster. i think it will be more like a few weeks until the price starts to drop dramatically.

Is this on the game itself, or is Amazon trying to do something different? Basically extending their pre-order credit post launch or something?

It's a great $20 steam sale game.

Technical issues aside it's a fairly fun game, not perfect by any measure and no competitive value but a good casual or LAN weekend play.

[quote name='fujimitsu']It's a great $20 steam sale game.

Technical issues aside it's a fairly fun game, not perfect by any measure and no competitive value but a good casual or LAN weekend play.[/QUOTE]

I started playing it this morning, I agree with you. While its not perfect, its still a fun game IMHO

I'm playing it now, like many of the reviews it depends entirely on who you are playing with. Playing with a map full of bots sucks out loud. Playing with people who get the game and what is going on is fun. Reminds me a bit of playing America's Army back in the day. If you play local only stay far far away from this one. If you like playing online and collaboratively, play only if you have a group of friends who have it, as the most I've had in a cooperative match is two other humans. And we're dang close to launch here.

Bought for $60
Refunded $5 from price drop...got it earlier than normal because I wrote to ask about it.
$10 promo credit
Refunded another $5 for no reason
Another $10 promo
Sold the DLC for $20
Traded in for $31

Total = net gain of $21...

Not bad for the four days to beat it and get 610 achievement points.

i would wait for the price to drop further. i picked it up at 60. gameplay and mechanics work great. And it's fun playing with real people, but not worth the full price. content is little, just a few maps with pretty much the same game mode over and over. i'd say 20 bucks would be a decent price for this.

I haven't had enough time with the game let alone lag-free sessions to really judge this one yet. It's sufficiently different from CoD to spark my interest and being able to fully configure controls is greatly appreciated. I rented BFBC 2 but couldn't get an EA account started via PSN to play online so I just sent it back... Is BFBC 2 as focused on objectives? I didn't notice that with the original.

I personally loved the game and added 1000gs to boot. If you play online with friends it I a blast. I don't regret my purchase and actually glad I purchased It.

[quote name='Beorach']I haven't had enough time with the game let alone lag-free sessions to really judge this one yet. It's sufficiently different from CoD to spark my interest and being able to fully configure controls is greatly appreciated. I rented BFBC 2 but couldn't get an EA account started via PSN to play online so I just sent it back... Is BFBC 2 as focused on objectives? I didn't notice that with the original.[/QUOTE]

Two game modes are. They do have a TDM mode also though.

Waiting until Brink hits the $30 or below pricemark (preferably $20 or below)...just because a few of my friends are playing it and if I wait more than a few months no one will be playing it. Hopefully it drops relatively soon or else I will skip it all together.

haters gonna hate. this game is great. especially if you got the amazon pre order deal. 55 +10 cert + a psycho dlc code worth about 35 bucks on ebay. they also gave ps3 people an extra 10 cert instead of the DLC cuz it was delayed.

bread's done
Back