Broken DS Lite Hinge

Sexbomb

CAGiversary!
Bit peeved at Nintendo at the moment. Their solution to my broken hinge was not too good.

I called support and they offered a whooping $80 repair charge for a broken hinge and offered me a refurbished one for slightly more cost.

Anyone know any at home fixes because looking at the break it looks it will only get worse...

I would buy a hori case, that snaps over everything.

It bulks it up just a tiny bit, but I'd had mine on and it's pristine otherwise, I can tell it saved it from many scratches.

plus it give it a support hinge so hopefully you can not have to suffer so much.

Yeah, mine was only 6 months old and the hinges broke. They claimed that "physical damage" was not covered by warranty, but only wanted 50 bucks to fix it.

[quote name='xycury']I would buy a hori case, that snaps over everything.

It bulks it up just a tiny bit, but I'd had mine on and it's pristine otherwise, I can tell it saved it from many scratches.

plus it give it a support hinge so hopefully you can not have to suffer so much.[/QUOTE]

linky linky?

/tk

So I kind of did an asshole thing.

I faded out the serial # and told them I got it last Christmas so it fell under the one year warranty or w.e

So much for amazing Nintendo CS. Didn't see your post squarehard but i'll fosho check him out.

[quote name='Sexbomb']So I kind of did an asshole thing.

I faded out the serial # and told them I got it last Christmas so it fell under the one year warranty or w.e

So much for amazing Nintendo CS. Didn't see your post squarehard but i'll fosho check him out.[/QUOTE]

Wait, they offered to fix it for free? I was under warranty and they still wanted $50....

[quote name='UncleBob']Ummm... the system has an internal serial number, I believe...[/QUOTE]

I'll take my chances.

p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
Component Description
Notes
Warranty
Amount
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
NINTENDO DS LT ONYX ASSY USG
System serial number UG902910391
Yes
$0.00'

lol

I'll second the recommendation of ProtonX. Not only can he replace the hinge for a reasonable price, but if you want he can probably put custom color combinations on there for you. He fixed one of my kids' DS Lite that had a broken hinge, and he, by request, put it together with a black case and white buttons. It looks damn slick!

I have two DS Lites, both cracked from the right side hinge.

I was thinking of buying a used one at GameStop, and returning my broken one. Do you guys think that'll work or do they check serial numbers? I know that GS requires trade in DS's to have a serial number, so do you think the receipt would have the serial number on it?

[quote name='NinjaD00']My lite's L button only works if i press it really hard. Anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

Your left hand's weak?

[quote name='D_Icon']I was thinking of buying a used one at GameStop, and returning my broken one. [/QUOTE]That's a crappy thing to do. GameStop is not at fault for the poor DS quality. If you want to get a replacement out of Nintendo that's one thing, but don't rip off a third party.

Same Thing Happened To My DS Lite... The Hinges Broke And They Offered I Think Exactly 86 Dollars To Fix It... I Now Have A DSi And It Works Great!

bread's done
Back