Broken Gamecube System Trade In Promo at EB. Extra $10.00 for GC.

sirhc-

CAGiversary!
Don't know if this is considered a deal or not, but it may be for others who have broken GameCubes. I called EB (Electronics Botique) and they said a broken gamecube trades in for $20.00. When I got there to do the trade in, a promo of an extra $10.00 was applied. Raising the total to $30.00. This was for the console only and anything you had with it. (But not required) Note this was only store credit. Promo#2666 according to the receipt.

Considering that broken "Indigo" Gamecubes go for less than $25.00 less fees, etc. on ebay, users with broken systems might be better off trading into EB.

I have no idea if this deal applies to the other consoles and if all EBs accept broken GCs. Call ahead to check. And I don't know when this promo expires.

Thanks for the info. Im impressed you not only got the promo # but also checked out ebay as well (to see if it really is a deal) Hope this will be one of many excellent posts we see from you. Welcome.

[quote name='mick16']How much do you get for a working gamecube trade in?[/quote]

$50, I believe.

Hey, welcome to CAG. Just one question though: How do you break a Cube? I myself am very careful with mine. But I've had friends who have dropped them on tile and such, but they still work...

My cube ran into a problem where you would play it for about 20 minutes and then the game would start getting read errors.

I dunno if it is a bad motor, or read head, but it can happen.

I just keep it around for exploit testing purposes. Not that I mess with exploits that much. At the very least it makes for an easier (backup mem card to pc) unit.

[quote name='madmab']My cube ran into a problem where you would play it for about 20 minutes and then the game would start getting read errors.

I dunno if it is a bad motor, or read head, but it can happen.

I just keep it around for exploit testing purposes. Not that I mess with exploits that much. At the very least it makes for an easier (backup mem card to pc) unit.[/quote]

mine did the same thing. I took it back and got a new one. Nintendo said i could either be something wrong with the lazer, or there is dirt built up inside the nintendo itself.

I had an Indigo, then it broke so I bought a new one... a couple days later i found a way to fix it... and i did

so now I have 2 GCs, but It works out well; one at my moms and one at my dads.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Hey, welcome to CAG. Just one question though: How do you break a Cube? [/quote]

Mine wasn't a dirty disc error that you normally see with gamecubes. Just a power surge.

[quote name='bmulligan']Was there something wrong with "Indigo" Gamecubes ?
Were they more prone to breakage or defects or something?[/quote]

No, I was just using it as a comparison for selling it on ebay. Seems a broken platinum Gamecube fetches more on ebay, $40.00+. Black gets a little higher than an Indigo, but not by a lot.

BTW, if any one is interested, it costs $70.00 to repair an out of warranty gamecube by Nintendo.

I think I need to send mine in now. It keeps freazing up from time to time. I know that one day after the warranty expires it is gonna go ape sh*t crazy.

[quote name='sirhc-'][quote name='MorPhiend']Hey, welcome to CAG. Just one question though: How do you break a Cube? [/quote]

Mine wasn't a dirty disc error that you normally see with gamecubes. Just a power surge.

[quote name='bmulligan']Was there something wrong with "Indigo" Gamecubes ?
Were they more prone to breakage or defects or something?[/quote]

No, I was just using it as a comparison for selling it on ebay. Seems a broken platinum Gamecube fetches more on ebay, $40.00+. Black gets a little higher than an Indigo, but not by a lot.

BTW, if any one is interested, it costs $70.00 to repair an out of warranty gamecube by Nintendo.[/quote]

Eh, you might as well buy a new one, considering that most places have gift card and free game deals when you buy a console.

I fixed my broken Jet Black launch Gamecube with a repair FAQ from gamefaqs.com. If you have DREs, it's unbelieveably easy to fix.

I saved myself an out-of-warranty $70 repair charge.

It cost me about 20 bucks to fix (4.5 mm gamebit adapter from Lik-Sang and a screwdriver handle/adapter from the hardware store).

[quote name='Luckychunk']
It cost me about 20 bucks to fix (4.5 mm gamebit adapter from Lik-Sang and a screwdriver handle/adapter from the hardware store).[/quote]

Here's another deal or well not really. But, you can get the 4.5mm gamebit from ncsx.com for $4.99 + 0.83 cents for shipping. Note: that shipping price is only for in the United States. Long time ago, I was looking to order from liksang but luckly I found it at ncsx.

[quote name='bmulligan']never mind

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/NUS-45MM.html

and just FYI, shipping is being listed as $7 + for UPS ground[/quote]

Second paragraph:

"Please note that NCS will ship the gamebit to U.S. customers with regular first class mail in a padded envelope at a shipping cost of 0.83 (2.2 oz mail piece) if ordered alone. Please disregard what the checkout shipping cost is, since we cannot edit it to show 0.83. If you reside outside of the USA, we will still ship with the lowest cost possible in a normal padded letter. We will no longer ship the gamebit in a regular 0.37 envelope due to possible losses and other problems in transit that have been reported by customers."

bread's done
Back