Broken Live headset need replacement

xboxundone

CAGiversary!
MY Live headset brokeand I need replacement

Can anyone suggest a cheaper replacement as i heard that you could use some phone headset/microphone setups anyone know which ones will work as i don't want to spend 30 for the xbox one.

[quote name='xboxundone']MY Live headset brokeand I need replacement

Can anyone suggest a cheaper replacement as i heard that you could use some phone headset/microphone setups anyone know which ones will work as i don't want to spend 30 for the xbox one.[/QUOTE]

i have an xbox one that i'm not using...the MS one that comes in the starter kits. if you still need it pm me and we can work out a trade or you can buy it for a cheapass price.

super glue and electrical tape! or tie strings and electrical tape

Assuming the lil clip broke holding the mic to the headset part which is the most common break.

[quote name='$hady']super glue and electrical tape! or tie strings and electrical tape

Assuming the lil clip broke holding the mic to the headset part which is the most common break.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me. I just hot glued it back on.

hmm hot glue might work unfortunately i dont have hot glue gun ... it woudl be cheaper to buy one than new headset ;)

I heated up a nail and melted a hole through both pieces than found a short bolt and pushed it through the holes added the nut on the other side, works better than new.

I had to buy a new one because the wire in my Hip Gear headset snapped where the mic rotates. the wires were too short and thin for me to be able to splice them back together. so I just got an official one for 18 bucks off ebay

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']theres a madcats replacement i believe ofr like $5[/QUOTE]

I picked one of those up when they first came out and I could hear everyone else okay, but it was difficult for people to hear me and it had a lot extra noise. My brother-in-law picked up one not too long ago and it works fine for him though.

I picked up the Plantronics X20 headset from NewEgg for $20.99, shipped. $19.99 normal price.

Nice small in-the-ear design, has very good sound. Ledhed also has it, and was the one who recommended it to me. Retail on it is $30.

Plantronics also makes the X10, which is an over-the-head version, which normally is about $20 retail. Seen at CC around my neck of the woods.

you could get one of those sweatbands like from the 80's and try integrate the headphone and mic somehow. or attach it to a hat. you could have your Halo hat. that'd be sweet.

GIS for Halo Hat

7up_hat.JPG

wkshoppt3.jpg

bread's done
Back