BROKEN PS2 trade in value at gamestop

AFAIK, no.

Not completely sure on GameStop, but I know part of my seal was cracked when I traded my busted PS2 in at EB (it quit playing PS1 games)

I have a PS2 that doesn't really play anything due to DRE. I have a PStwo so I wanna trade it in. Should I try and do the DRE fix (I guess that breaks the seal and voids the warranty or whatever) or just try and trade it in as is? Would I get more for it one way or the other?

[quote name='mr ryles']just don't tell them it's broke. *duh*

they never even inspect my stuff when I trade in.[/QUOTE]

Ok, didn't know that. I've never traded in a console.

Yea, if you want to contribute to the problem that comes with buying used systems, don't tell them it's broke. If you're honest, take the $30-50 less so that someone who goes to buy it doesn't get a screwed up system.

[quote name='mr ryles']just don't tell them it's broke. *duh*

they never even inspect my stuff when I trade in.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then you're being an ass.

I work there, and last time I took in a broken PS2 system, it gave about $30. As far as not checking they system, our store checks them every time that one comes in. It's a real inconvience to us if you say it works when you know it really doesn't. As far as the warranty seal being broken, it's YMMV. My store won't take them in, but I know others will. Your best be is going to be bringing it up there (plus controller, AV cable, and power cord) to see what they'll do for you. Calling should work as well, but that is YMMV with various game stores as well. It all depends on what kind of customer service these places offer.

bread's done
Back