Broken UMDs...

icruise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I've been buying (and trading for) quite a few PSP games recently, and I've discovered that the UMD cases on used games can occasionally be in rough shape. For the most part, UMDs are better than normal disc-based games because they have a protective case, but I've had a number of them where the clear plastic on the top of the UMD has partially separated from the white part of the case. I also had one from Goozex where the case was literally broken in half (top and bottom). I hadn't been carefully checking the UMD cases, so I didn't even notice this until after I had given the guy positive feedback. Luckily, I was able to repair the case with some superglue, and it seems to work OK.

Have other people had problems like this before? So far, it's only a handful of games that have any problems (all used games -- I've never had a problem with games that I bought new).

Not in my own collection, my nephew has this problem all the time. Hell I had to rip open a demo and use the case for that since he had a copy of liberty city stories with the right firmware but completely had the case break off. I give Sony points for trying but for people who treat their games rough it is going to come apart sooner or later.

bread's done
Back