Bronze DSI XL $99.97, Blue DSi $79.97 at Radio Shack. YMMV?

[quote name='vantheman']lol, how this turned into about whether the dsi xl or the 3ds is better[/QUOTE]

No, they are trying to help me decide on whether to get an XL (for $99) or a DSi (for $77).

There is a back story. I was going to get 2 DSis for X-mas--my daughter's Zelda DS has a broken hinge but my son's old DS lite is fine.

Instead, I got one (for my daughter--9) and a Ipod (for the family). Well my son (12) really likes making flip movies (or whatever you call them) on the DSi and he's good at it. So, sometimes (maybe once every two months) they both want the DSi . . . like in the car. But there is the Ipod to play with too.

Honestly, I think I'm going to hold off on getting an extra one. My son's better off with a laptop in the car and sharing her DSi a little. I would jump at $50 (like at a yard sale).

I really wish I had gotten in on the HP touchpad deal--just for the kids to use. I just can't justify getting an Ipad.

To those that have a XL, can you please recommend a good case? (Preferably soft, isn't bulky with too much storage space, and that you can play the system while it's "hooked in")

[quote name='The Punisher']what is the best DS out of these: DS Lite, DSi, and DS XL?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='schultzed']Dang . . . my closest store (5 mins away) has an XL.

One that is over 1/2 hour away has a black DSi . . . its not far from work, so I could get it tomorrow.

But, now having to decide on which to get . . .[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheKbob']Lite plays GBA games, DSi has access to the online store with the same system profile as a DS Lite (teeny tiny bit bigger) and the XL is much larger than either, which is great if you have big hands and like to play games that have a lot of text (easier to read).

It's really preference. I think battery life is DS Lite > DSi XL > DSi.[/QUOTE]

to expand on that

DS Lite:
+best battery life
+most portable/tiny
+Plays GBA games (big one for me)
-older/clunkier OS
-seem to be the worse made. Had a lot of hinge problems, yellowish tint on some screens, ect
-no SD card
- volume button is a slider on the side thats easy to accidentally hit when playing
-power button is a slider/rocker switch on the side. I never had a problem hitting it, but some people claimed you could accidentally turn it off when playing
-Speakers are worse than later models

DSi
+SD card slot
+tiny bit larger screen than DS
+cameras
+seems to be better made than the lite. I.e. no hinge problem, didn't see or hear anyone bitching about the tint problem
+volume button is an actual button now
+power button is an actual button now on the face
+Better speakers
+charge lite indicator is seperated and easier to read
? Lets you d.load games.. but theyre locked to that one system
-Does NOT play GBA games

DSiXL
+ all the bonus's listed above (SD card, cameras, volume and sound button, ect)
+Largest screen
? Lets you d.load games.. but theyre locked to that one system
-Large screen makes a lot of games look worse. Shows the flaws in DS games graphics. 2D games dont look too bad, but any 3D or polygonal game looks pretty bad
-Worse battery life of the lot
-Does NOT play GBA games

I put the DS ware downloads as a ? Because frankly, to me thay're crap. Its nice to be able to d.load games, but locking them to just that console leaves you screwed if it ever breaks or you upgrade later.

Honestly The DSi is probably the best IMO. The problem is that it doesn't play GBA games and thats a huge problem for me, so my handheld of choice is the DSlite. The XL makes games look too shitty, although i do like the way it feels in my hands a lot more. I dont actually own a DSi because they werent on sale where I could get one. I have 3 Ds lites and 2 XL's

If you dont have any GBA games at all, then get a DSi when the price drops or if you can snag one at Radioshack. If you pretty much only play 2d games and dont care about graphics looking all pixely and cruddy then get the XL. If you have a GBA library that you need to play get a Dslite. Note though that Dslites are getting VERY hard to find at this point. I had to go all over the place to find a blue backup system. The only color most places have is the lame pink one, and a couple reds.

[quote name='rawer']To those that have a XL, can you please recommend a good case? (Preferably soft, isn't bulky with too much storage space, and that you can play the system while it's "hooked in")[/QUOTE]

I gotta ask, but... why? The shells for these things are really durable. And the XL isnt really very portable for actually taking and playing on the go very much. Thats the reason I dont recall really seeing many in stores

[quote name='Kenshindono']to expand on that

DSiXL

-Large screen makes a lot of games look worse. Shows the flaws in DS games graphics. 2D games dont look too bad, but any 3D or polygonal game looks pretty bad
-Worse battery life of the lot

I put the DS ware downloads as a ? Because frankly, to me thay're crap. Its nice to be able to d.load games, but locking them to just that console leaves you screwed if it ever breaks or you upgrade later.

Honestly The DSi is probably the best IMO. The problem is that it doesn't play GBA games and thats a huge problem for me, so my handheld of choice is the DSlite. The XL makes games look too shitty, although i do like the way it feels in my hands a lot more. I dont actually own a DSi because they werent on sale where I could get one. I have 3 Ds lites and 2 XL's

If you dont have any GBA games at all, then get a DSi when the price drops or if you can snag one at Radioshack. If you pretty much only play 2d games and dont care about graphics looking all pixely and cruddy then get the XL. If you have a GBA library that you need to play get a Dslite. Note though that Dslites are getting VERY hard to find at this point. I had to go all over the place to find a blue backup system. The only color most places have is the lame pink one, and a couple reds.
[/QUOTE]

Parts in bold...

DSi XL has a better battery life than the DSi, has a larger battery in the device and runs the same processor and the bigger screens. Look it up, even Nintendo reports it.

Also, the DSi store has a ton of great game. Cave Story, Shantae Risky's Revenge, Mighty Flip Champs!, Starship Defense, Fieldrunners, Alpha Bounce, Mr. Driller (more my thing) are all must haves, IMO. There are still more to get, too!

And finally, I have owned all the DS units except the DSi original. The DSi XL does not make the games look cruddy or pixelated. That's absolute hogwash! I think they look fantastic on the larger screen and for RPGs with loads of text, it makes reading them easier on the eyes. This is a DS. The games themselves tend to look pixelated on any model. Don't believe that nonsense about the XL makes games look worse, that's just internet forum nonsense.

I'd get an XL at this point. More so if you have large hands. It's far more comfortable to play. Smaller hands will probably like the DSi better.

I can't really remember since I haven't played my Lite in a long time, but the battery life of the XL is much better than that of the DSi; bigger system, bigger battery, and I've definitely seen it in my XL playtime. Is the Lite's battery life really better than the XL's? What brightness?

Anywho, a good soft case for ANY DS model is the Hori Compact Pouch. Here's the DSi model:

http://www.amazon.com/Compact-Case-...O6LS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1315801261&sr=8-3

These are affordable and greatly protective :) And they store games and a spare stylus.

Thanks OP! Been looking for a good deal on an XL for some time now. After checking two Radio Shacks that were sold out, the third one I hit had one burgundy XL for $99. Not my 1st choice of color, but who cares for $99? I already love it; the big screens are easy on this old gamer's eyes.

We now have a DS Lite, DSI XL and a 3DS. Of the three, I prefer the XL. But the Lite is very versatile for the price and ours has held up well, first as mine, now in the not-so-gentle hands of my six year old.

if you're on the fence about it, just go to a store that has them on display. BB, Target, and Walmart iirc have a 3DS that you can try. TRU iv'e seen with the 3DS and sometimes (YMMV) have a DSi instead on display (go figure). If you're lucky there will be a nintendo boutique at your local mall with all the DS's and a few Wii's to play with.

...and of course if you're in NYC, nothing beats going to the nintendo store itself to see for yourself.

my only hang up with the 3DS is the battery life, my only hang up with the XL is some games tend to look more pixelated on the larger screen. frankly I really don't care otherwise as I'm still getting my full entertainment value.

[quote name='TheKbob']Parts in bold...

DSi XL has a better battery life than the DSi, has a larger battery in the device and runs the same processor and the bigger screens. Look it up, even Nintendo reports it.

Also, the DSi store has a ton of great game. Cave Story, Shantae Risky's Revenge, Mighty Flip Champs!, Starship Defense, Fieldrunners, Alpha Bounce, Mr. Driller (more my thing) are all must haves, IMO. There are still more to get, too!

And finally, I have owned all the DS units except the DSi original. The DSi XL does not make the games look cruddy or pixelated. That's absolute hogwash! I think they look fantastic on the larger screen and for RPGs with loads of text, it makes reading them easier on the eyes. This is a DS. The games themselves tend to look pixelated on any model. Don't believe that nonsense about the XL makes games look worse, that's just internet forum nonsense.

I'd get an XL at this point. More so if you have large hands. It's far more comfortable to play. Smaller hands will probably like the DSi better.[/QUOTE]

ah my bad on the battery life for the XL, everything else i said is true though. I just assumed that was the case since the battery life seems to be shorter with the xl than it is with my lite. Like i said, the I is the one that i dont own, i just assumed it would be in the middle

and i listed the DSi store as a ? Because of how they're locked to one system and thats it. I never said it didn't have good games, i said the way the DRM bs works has serious issues. Hence the ? its kinda a wash with a built in + and -

As to the bold part... you guys are fucking liars or totally blind. I swear to god im gonna have to try to take some photos or something of the screen for people to see for themselves. Its not as noticable on 2d games, but if you play a 3d game it becomes apparent right away. How you people do not notice this just boggles my mind. This isn't something that is even debatable. It flat out shows the flaws in the graphics. YOu said yourself in the red text that the games themselves look pixelated on any other model.. if you admit that, then hwo the hell can you claim that that doesn't stand out more on a bigger screen?! o_O
Im not the only one that sees it btw. This is very obvious to just about anyone i would think. Do a search, you'll see a LOT of people complaining about it. I guess were all just crazy?

[quote name='sergioalb64']I can't really remember since I haven't played my Lite in a long time, but the battery life of the XL is much better than that of the DSi; bigger system, bigger battery, and I've definitely seen it in my XL playtime. Is the Lite's battery life really better than the XL's? What brightness?
[/QUOTE]

ya, the lites battery life is better than the XL's. Looking online it seems like its only by a few hours or so. I dont recall the exact amount, but my lite does seem to require less recharging than the XL

I play on the 3rd brightness setting i belive? I dont recall what i play on the XL, i think the same, or whatever the default was.

Gee, it's a wonder the DS XL sold any units at all if it's graphics are as awful as Kenshi keeps ranting it is. LOL. But BACK to the OP:

$99 for an XL is a good deal but I wonder if this coming holiday Nintendo won't come out with an XL bundle? Last year they had two new holiday bundles for the DSi. And the fact they just offered up a new DS XL color (pink) just this month makes me think they aren't quite ready to bury the XL. So I'm gambling that they'll be at least one new XL bundle with yet another new color or case branding this November. So I'm going to wait... I want a better color choice or a branded XL - I'm hoping Pokemon related but I doubt it since they had a black/white branded DSi just this past March.
You can find good deals on bundles when they first come out. Good investment too seeing the price only increases over time.

To be specific: Nov 2010 Nintendo offered 2 Mario holiday bundles for the DSi - Orange and Green. They also offered an XL Mario bundle - red. In Nov '09 there were DSi bundles. Nov '08 Lite bundles. If Nintendo follows this pattern (which is likely they will) you can expect at least one XL bundle and possibly a 3DS bundle this Nov.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine was able to get a black dsi for himself for $79.
It's weird how all these stores that I and my friends have found these at in upstate NY, they all just had one left in stock. Did they never carry any quantity or did they say "As soon as you get down to one, drop its price $70."

I picked up the last Bronze DSi XL at a Radio Shack yesterday for $99.97 so this is still going on. There was a sign that said the Bronze DSi XL was now $79.97, but the manager couldn't override the price and I waited for about 10 minutes while he tried to do it, but no go. He said that since Nintendo's MSRP was $99.97, he couldn't manually change the price. He might have been lying.

Also, the darn thing is huge and it feels heavier than my PSP. Has anybody else noticed this? It didn't look pixelated when I played Bookworm on it. Well, I want to download Wayforward's DSi library so I guess I'll keep it.

I'm not surprised that a dsi xl is heavier then a psp. Esp if you compare it to the 2-3000 models which specifically were redesigned to be lighter. Most of the weight on portables comes from the screens and batteries, both of which, the dsi xl is larger then the psp (though actual capacity of the battery and the screen qualities are probably better on the PSP side of things).

[quote name='Kenshindono']As to the bold part... you guys are fucking liars or totally blind. I swear to god im gonna have to try to take some photos or something of the screen for people to see for themselves. Its not as noticable on 2d games, but if you play a 3d game it becomes apparent right away. How you people do not notice this just boggles my mind. This isn't something that is even debatable.[/QUOTE]

I think it's fine. You are gonna hate life if your this focused on flaws.

haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg

Lol at that Kenshi guy, it seems like he is probably sobbing while furiously typing these halfassed troll attempts.

I finally decided to check out my local Radio Shack - they had one burgundy XL with the price marked as $79.97 - just one left. I thot $99.97 was a good deal - this price was just too good to pass up. The manager said he had sold three other XLs last week and this was the last one. Definitely a deal I couldn't refuse!
Many thanks OP!!!

bought the last DSiXL (bronze) for $79.99 ( $84.77) out the door. DSi's were $69 I believe, and they had two blue one's left.

Saucon Valley in PA

[quote name='theking20']I'm still bummed my radio shacks don't have these in stock :( my exact price range too[/QUOTE]

These have been long gone in the Boston area... I was looking for these a few weeks back and they were gone already!!

[quote name='Zaku77']So are they $80 or $100?[/QUOTE]

it was $80 where I'm at, I can't speak for other locations though.

I went to my local Radio Shack today and they had two dsi systems in stock, but they were still selling them for $149. I told them about the sale, so they tried looking it up on their website, but they couldn't find a link to the sale price, so they turned me down.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I think it's fine. You are gonna hate life if your this focused on flaws.

haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg
[/QUOTE]
well said bro

FFS, he's (kenshin) not "dwelling on the flaws". Some people made the assertion that the graphics on the XL do not look more pixelated. That, unfortunately, is blatantly false. The reasons why have already been well explained in previous pages. Trying to correct someone when they say something that is just blatantly wrong ins't dwelling on faults. No reason to dog pile on the guy, jeez. Whether one likes it or not is certainly an opinion, and up for debate. The fact that it does look more pixelated, however, is not.

[quote name='Zaku77']FFS, he's (kenshin) not "dwelling on the flaws". Some people made the assertion that the graphics on the XL do not look more pixelated. That, unfortunately, is blatantly false. The reasons why have already been well explained in previous pages. Trying to correct someone when they say something that is just blatantly wrong ins't dwelling on faults. No reason to dog pile on the guy, jeez. Whether one likes it or not is certainly an opinion, and up for debate. The fact that it does look more pixelated, however, is not.[/QUOTE]
See, to me, saying it's pixelated is conjecture.

As I see it, it can't be more pixelated than the DSi or DS because it has the exact same number of pixels.
They're more clearly defined as a result of being larger, but that's not how I define pixelation.

I guess it's just semantics at this point.

Same number of pixels + bigger screen = more pixelated look. Have you ever played a GBA game on the gameboy player (Gamecube)? It's the same exact idea.

Thanks op.
Found a bronze (love the color and been seeking a 2nd XL)

also used a $10 off $50

fyi, each receipt (NO MATTER THE AMOUNT YOU SPEND) invites you to take a quick survey...take the survey and at the end receive a $10 off $40 coupon immediately

[quote name='Zaku77']Same number of pixels + bigger screen = more pixelated look. Have you ever played a GBA game on the gameboy player (Gamecube)? It's the same exact idea.[/QUOTE]
No, because my TV has more pixels than my GBA screen, so yeah, it's more pixelated as it tries to upscale and fill the screen.

My phat DS, DSi, and DSi XL all have the exact same number of pixels.
Obviously it looks different on the XL, but to me, and most, it's for the better.

Wife picked up a light blue DSi and a black DSi from one of our Radio Shack stores for $69.97 each.

She also said they had a Wii in the display case for $79.99. According to the salesman Radio Shack is not selling gaming systems anymore.

I would have liked a DSi XL for my son for Christmas, but at this price I couldn't pass it up.

Got one, blue DSi for $69.99 Awesome, I wanted to get my 6 year old a 3DS, this will hold him over until the eventual revision. Thanks OP!

For people denying that the larger XL screens make the games look more pixelated, here is some information from PC World that explains the impact of the larger screens, running games that are still at the same resolution as the smaller screens:

Upsizing a digital image without increasing its display resolution (the number of horizontal and vertical lines) has clear pros and cons. The XL's displays are easier to see--text in particular--making it a shoe-in for anyone with eyesight issues (older players in particular). The tradeoff? The regular DSi's 3.25-inch screens already look pixelated at 256 x 192. Upscale the screen real estate "93 percent" without a commensurate resolution upgrade and images start to look pretty fuzzy.

Article link: http://www.pcworld.com/article/192745/review_nintendo_dsi_xl_for_some_eyes_only.html

Its pretty simple; when you take games running at 256x192 (a fairly low resolution to begin with) on a 3.25" screen, and put those same games on a 4.2" screen, they are not going to look better. Same resolution, larger screen, images are "fuzzier", or more pixelated. They're certainly not going to look sharper, or more detailed. There are many reviews of the XL on the internet that mention this issue, the above is just one of them.

As a comparison, my Droid X has a 4.3" screen with resolution of 858x480, and things look very sharp. Imagine that same 4.3" screen (which is almost the same size as the XL upper screen), but with a drastically reduced resolution (256x192); it won't look pretty, for sure. Anyone denying the loss of image quality on the XL is fooling themselves.

Again, no.
It's not a loss in image quality as all the original image information is retained.
The pixels are bigger and more noticible and obviously a few here don't like it, but that doesn't equal loss of visual information.

I know what you guys are saying, but the terminology is all wrong.
The image isn't being upscaled or stretched in any fashion. That causes blur and loss of sharpness.

[quote name='dallow']Again, no.
It's not a loss in image quality as all the original image information is retained.
The pixels are bigger and more noticible and obviously a few here don't like it, but that doesn't equal loss of visual information.

I know what you guys are saying, but the terminology is all wrong.
The image isn't being upscaled or stretched in any fashion. That causes blur and loss of sharpness.[/QUOTE]

It looks worse becase the original low-resolution (256x192) was designed for a smaller screen (3.25" in this case). The larger you blow that up, the worse (fuzzier) it is going to look. The smaller you make the screen, the "sharper" it is going to get. Don't believe me? Look at how sharp games look on the GB Micro, vs. the GBA-SP. Much sharper. These games just weren't designed with that large a screen in mind.

For a final example, the PSP has 480x272 resolution on a 4.3" screen, but the DSiXL has 256x192 resolution on almost the same sized screen (4.2"). Obviously the lower res screen is going to look worse, whether for 2D or 3D style games. The XL is a good concept for a larger and more comfortable system (and its true the text is much easier to read), but the "blown up" games just don't look as good as they do at 3.25". The pixels are larger and the whole image is blockier.

Is the original "information" still there? Yes of course, but that doesn't mean it looks better on the larger screen; far from it, exactly the opposite.

Well put. This is a simple concept. My mind is boggled that people are even confused about it, let alone arguing!?

The argument about it "looking worse" is what boggles me. I blast my NES games onto a 12-ft projector screen and they look MUCH better than they did on the TV. Pixels look good to me. Being able to see pixels is now a problem?

Having grown up with Atari and (God awful) systems prior to that, I don't get this attitude about pixels. It's about like the people who don't agree that 2D graphics are superior. Use your imagination more and enjoy the bigger, immersive presentation.

I intentionally play PC games in 640x480 resolution (when possible) for no other reason than pixels give me more room to use my imagination :p All I demand is COLOR and a good 80 pixels in either dimension -- or enough to fit and read text.

As for this deal, DSi XL has been near the top of my *want* list since it was announced, but I give Radio Shack zero chance of having it in stock at this price, in this gamer-infested, Internet-savvy region.

I think people are just confusing resolution with pixel density. If the resolution is identical on two displays they display identical information - it can't be a better or worse image because there are the same number of pixels. With a larger display individual pixels are more evident at an equal viewing distance, with a smaller display they are less evident because more pixels are condensed into a smaller space.

A DS Lite held right in front of your eyeballs will look more pixelated than a DSi XL held at arm's length, so the argument shouldn't really be about which offers a better picture (neither) but which offers a more comfortable viewing experience and that's just a matter of personal opinion depending on how close you can hold the device without straining your eyes.

[quote name='sevenfold']I think people are just confusing resolution with pixel density. If the resolution is identical on two displays they display identical information - it can't be a better or worse image because there are the same number of pixels. With a larger display individual pixels are more evident at an equal viewing distance, with a smaller display they are less evident because more pixels are condensed into a smaller space.

A DS Lite held right in front of your eyeballs will look more pixelated than a DSi XL held at arm's length, so the argument shouldn't really be about which offers a better picture (neither) but which offers a more comfortable viewing experience and that's just a matter of personal opinion depending on how close you can hold the device without straining your eyes.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
Pixel density is definitely a factor in relative sharpness. I didn't want to drag in more terms.

Found another one. Figured might as well put them under the tree for each kid. Why deal with them fighting over it for $70?

Picked up the last Burgundy XL at my RS for $80 today. Hideous color, but can't beat the price! Thanks, OP.

I was also reminded why I never shop there. Overbearing customer service FTL.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Picked up the last Burgundy XL at my RS for $80 today. Hideous color, but can't beat the price! Thanks, OP.

I was also reminded why I never shop there. Overbearing customer service FTL.[/QUOTE]

Has the XL dropped some more?

EDIT: Ah, missed those posts. I'll have to check my stores now.

Not to drag this thread back into the mire, but I'd like to add that retro games look really good on the XL. I played Time Pilot on Konami Classics and the classic Bubble Bobble on Bubble Bobble Revolution last night, and those games really benefit from the larger screen and look great to me. So, it was worth the $99.97 I paid.

Let's cut the BS here people!

The DSi XL is a bit more uncomfortable for people that are used to the smaller DSi, but the XL takes absolutely NOTHING away from the experience, it ONLY "enhances" it!

The larger screen is INCREDIBLE (most people would agree), and the only games that look pixelated are those that looked pixelated to begin with!

For example- "Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light" looks pixelated on a regular DS/DS Lite/DSi.

It looks worse on a DSi XL. There's no denying that.

But I have a DS collection of over 100 games, and I have yet to put in even ONE DS game that doesn't look better, imo, than how a regular DS of any iteration previous to the XL would look.

Granted, if you like the smaller version..., GET THE SMALLER VERSION!

But if you want a clearer view, and don't mind holding something larger/heavier..., GET THE XL!!!

If you want to compare the Gameboy, with the Gameboy Player..., then yes! There is a noticable difference between THOSE TWO! One is in the palm of your hands, and the other ONE is ON YOUR FRIGGIN' TV!

But, c'mon... the only difference between a regular DS Lite/DSi & a DSi XL is a bigger BETTER picture!

The people dissing the DSi XL have to either be dumb or they don't want UPGRADE their DS due to lack of money!

Seriously, the XL was a great idea, that made A LOT OF PEOPLE HAPPY!..., including ME!!!

Anyone that would come into a THREAD that offered a DSi XL for $80-100 dollars, are clearly so cheap, that their own cheapness has overtaken them to the point that they wouldn't even pay HALF/or SLIGHTLY ABOVE HALF to improve their DS Gaming Lives!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you love your DS games...

Upgrade to the BETTER DS! The Dsi XL!!!

Rant over, and will ignore the idiots refuting this with their pixels regarding this & that!

Anybody that is arguing over pixels, must have have their pixelated ASS in the air waiting for a pixelated..., nevermind!

Go for this bargain, get the XL!!!

If you were ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE that were offended by this rant. Sorry. Get over it. Get on with your life. The XL is the CLEAR CHOICE for MOST "normal thinking people".!!!

That is all.

Let's cut the BS here people!

The DSi XL is a bit more uncomfortable for people that are used to the smaller DSi, but the XL takes absolutely NOTHING away from the experience, it ONLY "enhances" it!

The larger screen is INCREDIBLE (most people would agree), and the only games that look pixelated are those that looked pixelated to begin with!

For example- "Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light" looks pixalated on a regular DS/DS Lite/DSi.

It looks worse on a DSi XL. There's no denying that.

But I have a DS collection of over 100 games, and I have yet to put in even ONE DS game that doesn't look better, imo, than how a regular DS of any iteration previous to the XL would look.

Granted, if you like the smaller version..., GET THE SMALLER VERSION!

But if you want a clearer view, and don't mind holding something larger/heavier..., GET THE XL!!!

If you want to compare the Gameboy, with the Gameboy Player..., then yes! There is a noticable difference between THOSE TWO! One is in the palm of your hands, and the other ONE is ON YOUR FRIGGIN' TV!

But, c'mon... the only difference between a regular DS Lite/DSi & a DSi XL is a bigger BETTER picture!

The people dissing the DSi XL have to either be dumb or they don't want UPGRADE their DS due to lack of money!

Seriously, the XL was a great idea, that made A LOT OF PEOPLE HAPPY!..., including ME!!!

Anyone that would come into a THREAD that offered a DSi XL for $80-100 dollars, are clearly so cheap, that their own cheapness has overtaken them to the point that they wouldn't even pay HALF/or SLIGHTLY ABOVE HAVE to improve their DS Gaming Lives!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you love your DS games...

Upgrade to the BETTER DS! The Dsi XL!!!

Rant over, and will ignore the idiots refuting this with their pixels regarding this & that!

Anybody that is arguing over pixels, must have have their pixelated ASS in the air waiting for a pixelated..., nevermind!

Go for this bargain, get the XL!!!

If you were ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE that were offended by this rant. Sorry. Get over it. Get on with your life. The XL is the CLEAR CHOICE for MOST "normal thinking people".!!!

That is all.

bread's done
Back