Brotherhood Collector's Edition box has scars - Can I exchange it?

QuestMeMore

CAGiversary!
Hi, I went to a gamestop 30 miles from me to pick this up....

The store near me said they would get some next week (Extra) ...in any case the collectors edition i had - had some light scars on it (and a dented corner where you see a white crease). This is unacceptable for me as I am very meticulous, especially with a case that is all black - and shows obvious oddities like this (including the clear sleeve that the box goes in has some black color...etched off [it seems clear] ).

Can I exchange this unopened item to a local gamestop (not the same one --- i remember returning stuff at one gamestop to another...so?) Will they make a big fuss over this? I know I'm picky...but I just want what I paid for - the perfection. I swear it looks like a used box (Sort of..not that much but still).

P.S. Sorry for double post, but i think this is the right area for this topic.

sorry to tell you...

...you are not going to get anything nothing is wrong with your game or anything in it, its probably just a crunch at the corner and it happens in shipping the product

live with it my Halo Reach console box has a crunch at a corner too

you WILL live its OKAY

Turns out...they showed me 8 more....non-touched...they were pretty much all the same...LOL.

I had "the best one" according to the guy.

[quote name='All Out Fanboy']sorry to tell you...

...you are not going to get anything nothing is wrong with your game or anything in it, its probably just a crunch at the corner and it happens in shipping the product

live with it my Halo Reach console box has a crunch at a corner too

you WILL live its OKAY[/QUOTE]
If I paid $80 or whatever a CE/SE/LE version of a game is going for nowadays and it's got a scrunched case to it, you damn well better believe I'm not going to just 'live with it'.

Sure. It doesn't affect the contents of the package, but if I'm paying the premium price I damn well better get a flawless game. However if it's just an outer cardboard box and the contents(including all extras) are in mint condition, then who cares since the outer box just goes into my closet anyway.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I paid $80 or whatever a CE/SE/LE version of a game is going for nowadays and it's got a scrunched case to it, you damn well better believe I'm not going to just 'live with it'.

Sure. It doesn't affect the contents of the package, but if I'm paying the premium price I damn well better get a flawless game. However if it's just an outer cardboard box and the contents(including all extras) are in mint condition, then who cares since the outer box just goes into my closet anyway.:razz:[/QUOTE]

what makes you better then the person that buys the game for $60 instead of the $80

I personally get the CE/LE of every game I get that has one, but I dont think that my game is going to be babied from production to delivery in a security case

[quote name='All Out Fanboy']what makes you better then the person that buys the game for $60 instead of the $80

I personally get the CE/LE of every game I get that has one, but I dont think that my game is going to be babied from production to delivery in a security case[/QUOTE]
I think IATCG is saying if he paid for a collector's edition he should get it in collector's condition, not that he's better than anyone.
What's with the chip on your shoulder?

[quote name='All Out Fanboy']what makes you better then the person that buys the game for $60 instead of the $80

[/QUOTE]

The fact that you paid $20 more dollars for a collector's edition?

[quote name='mistymayem']The fact that you paid $20 more dollars for a collector's edition?[/QUOTE]

you dont pay extra $20 for "GOD CONDITION"

you pay it for the extras that are included: USB drive, DLC codes, metal case etc.

you do NOT pay for amazing condition

there is a certain zone of tolerance for this, it cant be a smashed box, but if I owned a store and you came in saying my box has a scratch on it i would look at you....:cool:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']It's unfortunate that so many limited editions come in extremely flimsy cardboard boxes that are easily damaged in shipping.[/QUOTE]

It is sad, really, that this time around, the Brotherhood's box is normal cardboard box rather than steel box and it is priced higher than previous special editions.

[quote name='All Out Fanboy']you dont pay extra $20 for "GOD CONDITION"

you pay it for the extras that are included: USB drive, DLC codes, metal case etc.

you do NOT pay for amazing condition

there is a certain zone of tolerance for this, it cant be a smashed box, but if I owned a store and you came in saying my box has a scratch on it i would look at you....:cool:[/QUOTE]That would be why you don't own a store, I'd imagine.

There's ways suppliers and retailers can pack items for shipment that protect the item, though that requires too much time, packing materials or proper boxes to protect items in shipment.

I've sent items back to Amazon that were damaged in shipment, either from their supplier to them or from them to me. If the item isn't in pristine condition when you buy it, you have a return policy to deal with such issues if the item isn't opened.

bread's done
Back