Brothers in Arms Hells Highway $29.99 at GS

Most games dropped so quickly this day. That's why i never pay attention to new released no more. just wait few months and get it for cheap ;)

Just depends on what game it is really. You'll be waiting a while for something like Gears 2 to drop like this.

And I'm starting to think Ubisoft should just release their games at $30-40 price tags. I know I'd buy them instead of waiting for future drops.

yes id agree with the above statement it seems there are alot of games around now that offer alot more for your dollar.

I have been doing the same thing about new releases. I gave up trying to get new releases for cheaper. What's the point in a few months it'll be a lot cheaper.

With exception to Fable II, I have completely been staying clear from all new releases...primarily due to the target clearance thread...that thread has made me a target junkie...

Ah if only I waited a few more weeks to buy it.... got it at the end of september due to lack of things to play, but now its just collecting dust in light of the bigger blockbuster releases. : (

calling this a fast price drop is an understatement especially since it went right past the $50 and $40 price range and right into $30. It only came out a month ago. Thats insane, even by ubisofts standards.

Either thats a glitch or they're trying to suck up as many holiday sales as possible in a tough market. A heck of a lot of good FPS have been released lately with more coming.

The game isn't that bad at all, but I have it for the Pc which allows for much better controls and awesome graphics. I guess people just aren't to happy with the WWII genre shooters anymore. Well see how CoD:WoW does coming up next week.

[quote name='BuDdyLe']Well see how CoD:WoW does coming up next week.[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty: World of Warcraft?

Ya know I really tried to like this game.
Funny thing is I don't dis-like it but there is something about it that is not holding my interest.

I bought it for $40 on sale at BB. Played it and enjoy it then took it in GS and got $32 credit!

This price drop may be faster than Haze!

this is a ubisoft pricedrop so new is $30 but gamestop still sells the preplayed version for $54.99. go figure.

At this rate, I think I should wait to pick up the game until Ubisoft is actually paying people to take it.

Let's see, a thirty dollar drop in about two months... that means they'll be giving it away for free shortly after the new year. ;)

Dang, they'll be paying us to play this game by this time next year!

Has anyone ever seen a game drop in price so fast?

(Please, no Barbie Horse adventure references!)

[quote name='spdronin']Ah if only I waited a few more weeks to buy it.... got it at the end of september due to lack of things to play, but now its just collecting dust in light of the bigger blockbuster releases. : ([/quote]

Yea this pisses me off as I paid 40 for it used a month ago. I'm done with buying new releases. The price just drops so ridiculously fast. It makes me sick to look at all the Xbox games that I pay a fortune for, and you can now get them for 2 dollars or less.

Too bad the game is almost indistinguishable from GRAW to me now and I hated GRAW.

Who knows I might beat Mirror's Edge next week really fast.

Does anyone know if that includes the Collector's Edition? I saw a CE at my local GameStop. I would consider picking it up for 30$.

[quote name='rtliess']With exception to Fable II, I have completely been staying clear from all new releases...primarily due to the target clearance thread...that thread has made me a target junkie...[/QUOTE]

Interesting.... I wouldn't have bought Fable 2 if it wasn't $30 (friend sold it to me cheap). Finished it in 2 days (did about 30% of sidequests) and traded it in for $33. The game is alright, but not worth $60. $30 is the right price for it.

Far Cry 2 is destined for $40 before the end of the year. The first game didn't last long until Ubisoft cut the price. I can't tell if they do this because the games don't sell a lot or if this is there way of cutting into the competition. Probably the latter, as Ubisoft doesn't really make "bad" games very often.

I think for BIA, it's just that the franchise petered out. The first one was hailed as being original (despite the WWII theme) but the second one just dragged it on and probably lost so many fans that this game suffered in sales.

I'd buy this for sure if I wasn't so broke from the blitz of top-tier games released just in the span of 4-5 weeks.

The Call of Duty games have taken over and that's what most people play for FPS war games. BIA is like a second rate series now and they may not even bother to make another one.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The Call of Duty games have taken over and that's what most people play for FPS war games. BIA is like a second rate series now and they may not even bother to make another one.[/quote]
Brothers in arms is an excellent game.
Unfortunately all the kids are playing Call of Duty games.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Come on Far Cry 2! I know you can do it...[/QUOTE]

Don't worry it will. ;)

& I'm calling "Legendary" as the next GoGamer.com $9.90 possibly around Christmas, LOL

Cheap games kick ass though. I know someone who got on my ass for not buying a shit ton of games on release, calling me a broke ass lol. No, I'm just a cheapass who doesn't like to throwaway money.

bread's done
Back