Bruce Timm WONDER-WOMAN Blu-Ray $20.97 @ Warner Bros. Online

Slim Gatsby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (97%)
I just saw that Wonder-Woman is available for pre-order on Warner Bros. website for $27.95. Using the coupon for 25% off of your order stolen from The Batman: Arkham Asylum for $36 thread, this comes out to $20.97, and free shipping is offered for purchases of $50 or more. $57 to pre-order a brand new game and blu ray is not bad at all. Of course, they also have this on DVD, as well as Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Gotham Knight, and all of the old DC Animated Universe DVD movies and box sets.

The coupon code is WBSURVYJ9
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/Portal/product.jsp?OID=71825

Studio: Warner Bros.
Synopsis:
On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a daughter of untold beauty, grace and strength Princess Diana. When an Army fighter pilot, Steve Trevor, crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares (the god of War) has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge - intending to start a world war that will not only last for centuries but will wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons! It is up to Princess Diana to save her people and the world by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!
Special Features:
“A Subversive Dream” will explore the rich history of Wonder Woman and her inspiration on American culture.
“The Daughters of Myth” is a riveting documentary
explaining the archetype and tradition of the female DC Comics Super Hero.
Next Upcoming DCU Sneak Peak (10 min)
First Looks of Batman Gotham Knight, Justice League New Frontier & Wonder Woman
4 Bonus Episodes of Justice League

Personally, I was expecting Wonder Woman to totally suck, since it hasn't really been developed as an IP in the past fifteen years or so, and I always just considered her to be a minor Justice League character/female counterpart to Superman. After seeing an advance screening of this at New York Comic Con, my opinion totally did a 180.

Its well written and directed, with Bruce Timm (the man who, along with Paul Dini, effectively shaped the entire DC animated universe with Batman: The Animated Series, The Batman/Superman Adventures, Batman Beyond, and Justice League) on it as producer. There are a lot of little throwaway references to Greek myth to catch in addition to the more heavyhanded mythology that shapes her origin story. As a direct-to-video release, they pushed the PG-13 rating, with lots of decapitations and adult humor -- its definitely being marketed to a mature demographic. The voice cast is also spectacular, that guy from Serenity is in it and does a great job as a U.S. Airforce pilot that befriends Diana.

Overall, it gets the Slim Gatsby Seal of Kickassedness.

Hmm. Still not enough of a savings to what is out there now for preorders. Hopefully best buy has good deal as I could use few as gifts for march.

Waiting for price drop on this one, Good movie tho.
iy.gif

iy.gif

bread's done
Back