Brütal Legend: November 3rd, 2008. Pre-Order Now for XBOX360/PS3.

MarioColbert

CAGiversary!
Brütal fucking Legend!

Press Release

Double Fine Website | Double Fine's Brütal Legend Page

Scans of Game Informer Article on the Subject Matter
Much Better Scans of the Game Informer Article on the Subject Matter

Sierra's Website for the Game (high quality Trailer, Concept Art, and Three Rock'n'Roll Screenshots)

Trailer for the Game: GT | YouTübe

Memorable Quotes:
[quote name='Press Release']
"Our existence as humans will forever be reconceived," said Martin Tremblay, president, Worldwide Studios for Sierra Entertainment. "Definitive answers to the discovery of dry ice, invention of the wheel, Jurassic era, religious convention and many other testaments and myths are going to be revealed to the world."[/quote]

[quote name='Tim Schafer']
That was the first time I heard Heavy Metal. It was big, loud, powerful, threatening, and weird. Everything I secretly hoped to be as a teenager. Growing up in a small town, looking at the same old things every day--the kids you know in school, the teachers, the streets, your room—you start to wonder, “Is this really all there is?” And Heavy Metal, just like fantasy, science fiction, and video games, says, “No. There are worlds out there that you can’t even imagine.” And one of those worlds is exactly what we’re building for this game.[/quote]

You can pre-order the game right here

I'll upload the exclusive screenshots from GI's UNLIMITED subscription at my earliest convenience.

If you're here about the DoubleFine Psychonauts giveaway - it's over as of 10/30/2007. Try to be faster next time.

In order to secure the superiority of this thread against that other Brütal Legend thread, I'd like to present you with the following images, from Game Informer's UNLIMITED subscribers only account. These are 'the very first in-game screenshots of the game.'

It must be mentioned here that Double Fine Store already has very metal shirts for orders... And all the official sources have been deathly silent on the subject of the game's release for the PC. In other words - DO NOT EXPECT A PC RELEASE, START SAVING UP FOR PS3/X360 now.

If you are not in a state of tumult-in-the-pants about this, you have failed miserably as a human, and might want to find a nice outhouse to live in.

In Antarctica.

I guess I'm a failure as a human because I have little to no desire to play this game. Then again, as soon as I read on the cover of Game Informer that Jack Black is going to be involved I decided to avoid the game at all costs.

Im confused. Is this also going to be a movie? Cos if its a movie tie-in game Im not excited at all. Michael Ancel made Beyond Good and Evil, but then he made King Kong, so great developers can make crap games. Im also not really a Jack Black fan.

[quote name='Puffa469']Im confused. Is this also going to be a movie? Cos if its a movie tie-in game Im not excited at all. Michael Ancel made Beyond Good and Evil, but then he made King Kong, so great developers can make crap games. Im also not really a Jack Black fan.[/quote]

No, completely original IP, fresh out of Double Fine Productions. Jack Black is doing the voice for the lead guy: Eddie Riggs. From what I've gathered (and all the links are above for your joy and education) Jack Black's role in the game would be similar to Richard Steven Horvitz's excellent provision of the voice of Raz in Schafer's last amazing tale - which would be Psychonauts.

Everything about the game right now kind of hints on a huge open-ended world, troops + hero combat, and blaring, loud, crazy ass metal music. I'm not a huge metal fan, but the game's rock-out-with-your-cawk-out attitude appeals immensley. Especially since Tim Schafer's going to be at the helm of this (no doubt) excellent production.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I guess I'm a failure as a human because I have little to no desire to play this game. Then again, as soon as I read on the cover of Game Informer that Jack Black is going to be involved I decided to avoid the game at all costs.[/quote]

Fail.

Worse then my failures.

In that case consider my interest piqued. :D

[quote name='MarioColbert']No, completely original IP, fresh out of Double Fine Productions. Jack Black is doing the voice for the lead guy: Eddie Riggs. From what I've gathered (and all the links are above for your joy and education) Jack Black's role in the game would be similar to Richard Steven Horvitz's excellent provision of the voice of Raz in Schafer's last amazing tale - which would be Psychonauts.

Everything about the game right now kind of hints on a huge open-ended world, troops + hero combat, and blaring, loud, crazy ass metal music. I'm not a huge metal fan, but the game's rock-out-with-your-cawk-out attitude appeals immensley. Especially since Tim Schafer's going to be at the helm of this (no doubt) excellent production.[/quote]

Q: What do you have to say to me, I hate PS3, I hate XBOX360, I hate Tim Schafer, I hate Metal Music, I hate Jack Black, I hate Game Informer, I hate Lemmy Kilmister, and games with axes, and music, and fun, and battles, and dialog, and story, I HATE THIS BRUTAL LEGEND NONSENSE. What the hell could you say to me, the all-hater, to make me wanna play this game?

A:

Double Fine's Official Stance on this issue:
lemmy_and_me.jpg

Now, some truth about Brütal Legend:
  • you're not doing it a favor by playing it, it's doing YOU a favor by letting you play it
  • Tim Schafer is not only a genius writer himself, but an amazing company-runner(tm) whose excellent hiring decisions had surrounded him in a team of equal or greater genius
  • each and every one of Schafer's creations has a legion of followers who still argue which one of his titles is the best game of all time
  • even if you hated Psychonauts because of how stupid you are, Brütal Legend is not going to be anything like it!
  • Tim Schafer says that it'll be the best game you ever play. Not me, he said, "you" was the direct quote. stop trying to look cool in front of your stupid goth friends - this game is mustard, and it will make you cry.
  • the least you can do, if you're under the age of 20, is to tell your bandana wearing dad that there's a game now that features music that he'll be familiar with.
Before you ask, I do not own any Double Fine Stock, but from the looks of it, I should really be buying some...

Pre-order is up at Gamestop with a release date of 11/3/08! Over a year long wait but I'm certain it'll be worth it! The first 666 preorders are getting a bonus t-shirt.

GOTY 2008 confirmed!

[quote name='Puffa469']Michael Ancel made Beyond Good and Evil, but then he made King Kong[/QUOTE]
King Kong was great for what it was.

Im a preorder bonus whore, and although I cant see ordering it over a year in advance for a shirt I wont wear, if its as big as they're hoping its going to be, there should be some nifty bonuses closer to release. Game does look awsome though.

[quote name='MarioColbert']
Double Fine's Official Stance on this issue:
[/QUOTE]
I can't think of a single instance requiring a photo (driver's license, company ID, etc.) that isn't best satisfied with a photo me and Lemmy flipping the camera off. Greatest passport photo ever.

[quote name='PyroGamer']King Kong was great for what it was.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It wasn't epic, but it wasn't the shitfest people make it out to be.

bread's done
Back