BSG single-season sets on BD all less than $20 on Amazon.

[quote name='ITDEFX']What's season 4.5?[/QUOTE]
A rip off. Don't buy it. The season 4 blu Shrike linked has the entire season.

Caution, these damn sets are really confusing as to what's included.

Sad that Caprica isn't on sale.

[quote name='cranky2']Caution, these damn sets are really confusing as to what's included.

Sad that Caprica isn't on sale.[/QUOTE]

Caprica isn't on blu-ray. fucking idiots at Universal, I swear.

[quote name='shrike4242']As long as you can play discs from Region 2/B, go for it.[/QUOTE]

A review on the US Amazon said the set is actually region free but is encoded in 1080i/50hz so you will need a Blu Ray player that can display it. I know mine does but a lot like the PS3 don't.

[quote name='simmias']A rip off. Don't buy it. The season 4 blu Shrike linked has the entire season.[/QUOTE]

So from what amazon says it's basically the extra's not the episodes huh?

[quote name='ITDEFX']So from what amazon says it's basically the extra's not the episodes huh?[/QUOTE]
It's the last 10 episodes. The DVD released a season 4.0 with the first 10 episodes, and a season 4.5 with the last 10. Then for some ungodly reason they did a season 4.5 blu-ray with the last 10 episodes, even though the season 4 blu-ray contains all 20 episodes from that season along with all the extras that are on the 4.5 set, like the extended episodes. And the season 4 set has Razor, too.

So basically, don't buy 4.5 unless you're getting the DVDs.

Someone chime in if I screwed any of that up.

[quote name='Petey Parker']A review on the US Amazon said the set is actually region free but is encoded in 1080i/50hz so you will need a Blu Ray player that can display it. I know mine does but a lot like the PS3 don't.[/QUOTE]

Which makes the set, as far as I'm concerned, useless.

You guys really want to own Caprica? It was pretty disappointing, in my opinion, although it did pick up a bit towards the end. Kind of like Dollhouse - awful at first, then got kind of interesting too late for its own good.

[quote name='simmias']It's the last 10 episodes. The DVD released a season 4.0 with the first 10 episodes, and a season 4.5 with the last 10. Then for some ungodly reason they did a season 4.5 blu-ray with the last 10 episodes, even though the season 4 blu-ray contains all 20 episodes from that season along with all the extras that are on the 4.5 set, like the extended episodes. And the season 4 set has Razor, too.

So basically, don't buy 4.5 unless you're getting the DVDs.

Someone chime in if I screwed any of that up.[/QUOTE]

The main thing here is timing. The DVDs released first, of course; when 4.5 came out, it got a simultaneous release on BD, a format first for the series. Later on, it was decided that the series should receive proper full season sets on BD. Now the 4.5 BD is outdated but it served its short-lived purpose as a test run on BD.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Which makes the set, as far as I'm concerned, useless.[/QUOTE]I have a couple of BS sets from the UK that are that way 1080i/50Hz and a PC BD-ROM or BDRW drive takes care of that issue with the 50Hz display. There are other BD players that do 50Hz and convert it to 60Hz for display.

[quote name='rapsodist']The main thing here is timing. The DVDs released first, of course; when 4.5 came out, it got a simultaneous release on BD, a format first for the series. Later on, it was decided that the series should receive proper full season sets on BD. Now the 4.5 BD is outdated but it served its short-lived purpose as a test run on BD.[/QUOTE]
Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks.

bread's done
Back