Bubble Bobble: Old and New

BigHow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Someone mentioned this game in another thread, saying that it was now OOP.

All I could find on it online suggests that it's going to be released in September.

Is that a reprint or has it just not been released in the US yet? If it has, how does it play? Is it worth tracking down? What about Elevator Action: Old and New?

Instead of making a new thread, I figured I'd just bump this one.

Has anyone played Bubble Bobble Old and New? Is it any good? Is it worth getting or should I get one of the other Bubble Bobbles for the Gameboy or Gameboy Color?

It is out, it is just as good as the original. It has the old NES version along with a new version, just a reskin of the old one with updated graphics. It is good, I got mine from BB for $15.

I don't have this, but I thought I'd mention I saw the game at Kohl's the other day. When they have one of their video game sales it could go for a decent price.

Is it the NES version or the arcade version? I'm probably going to get it for my four-year-old for Christmas.

I own it...and it rocks. It has the original Bubble Bobble and a remake of it (same game, different graphics and music). Well worth the 20 bucks...and the GBC version of the game sucks. It is NOT the same.

OT but what's that marble game where you shoot marbles to burst others. The goal is to clear the screen before the top of the screen falls and the marbles touch the bottom of the screen. You could bounce them off walls and such. Was that ever put onto the GBA?

[quote name='spidey']OT but what's that marble game where you shoot marbles to burst others. The goal is to clear the screen before the top of the screen falls and the marbles touch the bottom of the screen. You could bounce them off walls and such. Was that ever put onto the GBA?[/quote]

Thats Bust a Move. Not sure if one came out on GBA.

[quote name='levi333'][quote name='spidey']OT but what's that marble game where you shoot marbles to burst others. The goal is to clear the screen before the top of the screen falls and the marbles touch the bottom of the screen. You could bounce them off walls and such. Was that ever put onto the GBA?[/quote]

Thats Bust a Move. Not sure if one came out on GBA.[/quote]

Looks like it did:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=160105

I am a little disappointed. It seems a little wonky. The hurry ups come way too quickly. even in the old they changed item occurence and frequency. And it's been 15+ years, come on taito, you can come up withsome new levels. Good thing i still have my NES copy.

[quote name='PaulEMoz']Is it the NES version or the arcade version? I'm probably going to get it for my four-year-old for Christmas.[/quote]

Anyone?

I got the game, its got the NES version and a new version with slightly better graphics new colors and character/level designs and remixed soundtract.

If you liked the old school one, I totally recommend it.

I've been looking at screen shots from various reviews, and they all look like the arcade version, yet everyone says it's the NES version. Weird. I'd rather it was the arcade version, but I suppose it doesn't matter, my kid likes the game either way. :?

bread's done
Back